What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antimatter

Veteran
I don't know how clubs work, but in the black market you got middle men that people would front stuff to and people from various areas will buy what they like, and if your stuff sells you get your money, it would be a big investment for someone to fork over a few hundred thousand dollars they don't have to 50 different people all at once. Isn't that how it works in large corporate stores they just front merchandise from various companies and if its perishable it just gets sent back to the manufacturer when it expires.

drymouth

First of all... if you strongly believe in your pot to be worth that then yeah... 4000 doesn't sound to fare fitched. I hate when pepole try to pump garbage ass weed for high dollas! I would do like the others said and step ya trim game up cuzz cats out here don't fuck around! Any and every little thing they scrutinize(spell check) to bring the price lower! Extra leaf material, price drops! burned yellow leaf mater on bud price drops! I had some perfect perfect looking purple few weeks ago and they still complained said it was to dense... so watch that shit and stay safe

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
sorry if this is off topic i have 6 oz left of my purple nepal from last crop i am prop 215 legal , i am in LA wondering if anyone has experience with vending to any of the places around here locally, i have not ever done it myself- to a club,i know 6 oz not much to be honest- but just some stuff that I can get off my hands and have enough to get some more equipment would be nice....

wizberry

I have sold at patients coops in the bay area for many years, and only gotton 4k/lb twice, usually in the mid to high 3s. Strain was Williams Wonder, and all the nuggets were HUGE, uniform, and exceptionally crystally. No popcorn. Absolutely perfect. I also handtrim every nugget, and run thru it TWICE, for a super clean look. No leaf at all. Buyers are very picky...so u hafta have very high standards if u want 4K...But if u have high standards, the buyers will always want to check out your stuff no matter what.

P

Perpetual

Thanks everyone so much for sharing your experiences. This is pretty good discussion! Would love to keep it active.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I am about to start a med delivery service myself in the central valley and this discussion is GREAT. I was thinking of only delivering what I grew and keep things minimal BUT maybe buying from other local med growers would be a solid business investment and allow my business to offer a larger amount of strains and quality choices.

I see $3k to $4k being very possible on the business end of things especially with the end roi that I would receive. Not having growing expenses at all except for my own personal medical needs and those in my inner circle then either consigning or purchasing right off the bat for the delivery service business itself.

Quality is everything around here but I don't think the clubs around here understand that. Trim jobs, growing style and everything that goes with it really could allow a business to stand out from the rest of the "decent quality" that I see going around.

Why not pay decent amounts for QUALITY, it would give the clubs a BETTER name as well as boost their quality and referral base up HUGE.

great discussion for sure, I don't think I would ever stock anything grown outdoors or in greenhouses myself and would only do 100% indoor stock. If I wanted outdoor weight then I could toss some more seeds out and have plenty in no time. I think outdoor is great for personal smoke or when I was dry or a buddy was out and I gave him a zip or two.

opt1c

Veteran
you can't run a business if you're always out of product

the competition is socal is fierce right now... all the early spring stuff isn't done yet and last years stuff has dried up... sellers market right now if you have indoor

i've just walked into clubs before with a zip in my pocket; most times they cashed me out on sight; if they ask about consignment i just laugh and leave; if you can't get your shit together enough to buy product when you're operating at over 50% profit at all times than you shouldn't be running a business in the first place; i don't know how that consignment shit flies when it comes to the irs and taxes and whatnot; just seems like a way for clubs to take advantage of growers at little or no risk to themselves while running their operations under the table as much as possible

each club is different; sometimes they want a sample to try, other times they want to test it at a lab; other times they'll take a couple p's over a table of uvlight and pick what they want out of it and give you what they don't want back... there is a lot of b.s. and lowballing... nice thing is in la is that you can just walk out the door and go to the next club down the block

i've gotten 4K consistently from clubs; i just break it down to 250 an oz... that is the price per unit; however many units they want there are no other discounts... if you stuff is bomb they will be blowing up your phone trying to get more; trust me, it gets annoying

with edibles it's just packaged samples a price sheet and a contact number; usually wholesale is 50% off what retail is; u do the math and determine if it's worth your time and effort to produce them in a professional capacity cuz if they like em prepare to be making thousands eventually; all your ducks have to be in a row before you start with that.

G

Greyskull

you can't run a business if you're always out of product

the competition is socal is fierce right now... all the early spring stuff isn't done yet and last years stuff has dried up... sellers market right now if you have indoor

i've just walked into clubs before with a zip in my pocket; most times they cashed me out on sight; if they ask about consignment i just laugh and leave; if you can't get your shit together enough to buy product when you're operating at over 50% profit at all times than you shouldn't be running a business in the first place; i don't know how that consignment shit flies when it comes to the irs and taxes and whatnot; just seems like a way for clubs to take advantage of growers at little or no risk to themselves while running their operations under the table as much as possible

each club is different; sometimes they want a sample to try, other times they want to test it at a lab; other times they'll take a couple p's over a table of uvlight and pick what they want out of it and give you what they don't want back... there is a lot of b.s. and lowballing... nice thing is in la is that you can just walk out the door and go to the next club down the block

i've gotten 4K consistently from clubs; i just break it down to 250 an oz... that is the price per unit; however many units they want there are no other discounts... if you stuff is bomb they will be blowing up your phone trying to get more; trust me, it gets annoying

with edibles it's just packaged samples a price sheet and a contact number; usually wholesale is 50% off what retail is; u do the math and determine if it's worth your time and effort to produce them in a professional capacity cuz if they like em prepare to be making thousands eventually; all your ducks have to be in a row before you start with that.

right on bro great detail!

i was visiting some friends off of roscoe & sepulveda and a competitor of theirs (right down the street) called asking for availablity, convientently as we were negotiating reimbursement. THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMING!

being in demand has its perks.... though the repeated calls do get rather tiresome! at least its not the squid blowing you up morning noon and night for a single gram they don't have the cheddar for...

medmaker420

Veteran
Great information for sure. I think $250 a zip is a decent amount for a club to pay and for a grower to get. I agree that consignment wouldn't be the best idea as far as the growers end as well. The great part is, you can make your own price and rules and if they don't like it then move onto the next who might.

P

Perpetual

Would this be a more decent offering? I am thinking of just growing this, it is bubba. Can I have them giving me annoying phone calls? no dry pic, sorry :p

picture.php

Id like to understand something. If HID lamps, co2, and hydroponics don't make pot more potent, why does indoor cost more? Is it because you can grow less for more effort? Since bud density and overall look are strain dependent for the most part, what's the deal there?

medmaker420

Veteran
Having a perfect growing environment inside, proper nutes, water ph, soil or hydro. All in all indoor versus outdoors is apples to oranges MINUS amazing yields you can get outside.

I do think density and overall look are strain dependent but also environment dependent which you can make perfect once you dial in an indoor grow, that isn't as simple outdoor since you really have no actual control over anything unless you do a husbandry outdoor setup.

opt1c

Veteran
i think if conditions are right you can get way more trich's indoors than outdoors; also tighter heavier nugs with the addition of co2... also indoors you get to play god and really dial in the environment as much as you can money allowing which you can't replicate outside... sure you get huge yields outdoors but you can get the same indoors if you go with a 3 month veg; difference is with indoors you have a higher overhead cost with power and whatnot... the benefit of indoors is that you can have crops when all the outdoor stuff has dried up; conversely you can sit on your outdoor for the better part of a year and get top dollar for it as long as you have your cure and storage down

you can do a crazy sog setup indoors with a massive amount of clones and go straight to 12/12 for a super fast turnaround time; another thing that's pretty hard to do outdoors

much easier to control bugs indoors as well which is important if you want clean meds for patients... worm casings are cool in my soil but not on my flowers

the whole price difference thing is because when one guy has outdoor everyone has outdoor so the market is flooded; if you get your timing down with the indoor stuff you can take advantage of market conditions and make a killing; also with outdoor you don't know what crap is in or on the buds half the time; indoors provides a more controlled cleaner environment and the extra light intensity plus co2 can't be replicated outside; co2 is the limiting factor in plant growth when all is dialed in

also indoor takes way more work and costs more money for the grower thus greater compensation is to be expected; compared to growing indoors it's damn near free to grow outdoors; very low overhead... talk about money growing on trees

P

Perpetual

Growing outdoor costs land, which will always cost more than an apartment or house to grow in, unless you own the house Im guessin. I suppose argument over indoor vs outdoor is for another thread, as well. I'd love to see some science on resin production indoor vs out.

And really, how are the buds different if in your greenhouse, you feed RO water pH'd proper, hydro nutes, and have no problem controlling your bugs because you are on top of that shit? The veg period where I am is about a month, the rest of the time things flower.

I grew indoor, with all the wizbang gadgets. I just don't notice the difference when using something that puts on nice buds indoor or out. There is a difference in color, sometimes.

Sorry to get this thread off track the way I have, I had so many questions really.

P

Perpetual

it's not indoor or outdoor; it's quality and year round availabity.

Now set the pipe down and step back awhile. This is the topic:

I shall not put down my pipe good sir! :D I read the availability dispute, and responded with saying I have 10-11 months of flowering. Perpetual harvest means I harvest every month or so. Seems pretty available. I didn't miss the quality dispute either, I disagreed with it.

wait are we talking indoor vs. OUTDOOR like stuff that gets moisture dropped on it every morning or possibly rained on? That I can agree, is not as high quality.

You are right, here is the topic. I get sidetracked quite easily, especially when I am doin' the sidetracking.

Just wanted to hear some peoples experiences with vending to a cannabis club, or co-op. Good? Bad? Really want to hear it!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
no dry pic, sorry :p

picture.php

Id like to understand something. If HID lamps, co2, and hydroponics don't make pot more potent, why does indoor cost more? Is it because you can grow less for more effort?
Pounds of outdoor grown Hawaiian bring as much or more than most local indoor so where the hell do you figure outdoor pot is cheaper?
You must be thinking schwag
yea what some Mexican pisses on is cheaper than the good shit.
Gorilla grown is cheaper - but don't your dare think it is the same - it isn't

Silly Brits pay good money for soap bar hash - and it's a joke - price isn't always about quality - but quality is about price.

And that itty bitty bud your so proud of - isn't even a SAMPLE so ya got to get a bunch of those - then dry them, manicure them and cure them before your a med supplier. And not get ripped off on the way.

P

Perpetual

Hey buddy, don't bring trash talk into this thread. Itty bitty bud, which the one u quoted? This is getting stupid really fast. You haven't a clue as to how much I yield.

Please Rocky if you have any more great tips feel free to PM me, for the people who come looking for info on the subject of the thread, let's take our argument outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.