What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew Rx for flowering plants?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Greetings all,
I see lots of suggestions for dealing with PM but not so much specifically for plants that are into flower. I used neem 1 week into 12/12 and it knocked back the mild case of PM I had, but now two+ weeks later the PM is showing it's self again and I don't want to use neem or anything else nasty with so much flower showing. Any thoughts? Does a sulpur burner leave any residue I'd have to worry about?

At this point I'm just removing the leaves maually.

Much thanks

Grow Tech

Veteran
Hi All,
Thanks for all the good info! I sprayed the girls with ph 9+ water and it seems to have helped. I'm in So Cal and were having low humidity so that's helping too.

Does anyone know of a source for Sulphur Candles in the US. It seems theyre avail in the uK but I haven't seen any shipping from the states.

Thanks again & Respect

SoulRebel

Grow Tech said:
Hi All,
Thanks for all the good info! I sprayed the girls with ph 9+ water and it seems to have helped. I'm in So Cal and were having low humidity so that's helping too.

Does anyone know of a source for Sulphur Candles in the US. It seems theyre avail in the uK but I haven't seen any shipping from the states.

Thanks again & Respect

You can get sulphur burners(vaporizers) and your local hydro/grow shop in SoCal bro ... peace.

... S R... :joint:

l_d_d

DONT BURN SULFUR WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF USING NEEM!

Ive really fucked up some rooms doing this b4.

Grow Tech

Veteran
Good tips about not using neem & sulphur too close together.

i've seen the sulphur burners in so Cal but it looks like i'd be spending close to $150 usd to get set up. Being that this is the first time i've had any PM issues after years of growing, i was hoping fo something a little cheaper. It seems like the candles would be good for such a rare need.

Peace

Last edited:
Whats up Grow Tech? im in sd too. powdery mildew sucks. i have had good results with serenede. i havent had any pm this grow, but i was worried about it the whole time. my area is way too small for a sulfer burner. ive been told a couple times that i shouldnt get one. so i bought a real small dehumidifer. it was shitty and didnt work very well. so i just made everything was trimmed up and not crowding too badly. no probs. all i know is, if you have the space, get a dehumidifier or a sulfer burner.
Sonic

Grow Tech

Veteran
Hi IDD,
I haven't tried sm-90. My big concern is that I'm now close to 4 weeks into flowering and don't want to use anything that will put a bad residue on my flowers. I've used neem during veg in the past and had great control. Myabe I should just be sure to spray / rinse my girls with clean h2o a few days before chop and not worry about it.

Hey Sonic Death- Thanks for the response. i've been in SD almost all my life. Other than crappy county stupidvisors I'm proud to call myself a native! The PM seems to be bad in our area at the moment. I've seen it on some landscape plants outside that don't have any air circulation issues. Hopefully the santa anas we're having will tame everywhere.

Peace

Last edited:

l_d_d

Id rather smoke all natural sm-90 than all natural pm :wink:

Only 4 weeks in, id say you'll be ok.

mark6699331

I've heard sulfur burner in veg kills it before it hits flower. don't forget by the time you SEE it its already gone through its life cycle and those are the babies. So just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean its not there infecting plants.

For flower, I've found that dunking the plant for a second or two in dutch master's zone (10ml/gallon) and dutch master's penetrator (accord. to instructed dilution) fries the shit right out of the plant- or disinfects it, I should say. Spray with water the next couple days and no residue I could notice and it was gone for over two weeks. Only thing I've found that WORKS in flower- and my opinion, BTW is that serenade sucks-it actually made it worse. I'd go sulfur in veg, dutch master zone in flower, get a dehumidifier. And dunk every 3-5 days for two weeks to break the 5-7 reproductive lifecycle of p.m. A hepa air filtration system will filter out spores in the air.
I've spent lots of time and $$ contemplating this one.

good luck-
-M

oh also look for pm on plants outside your grow. It loves blackberry bushes. Often it will HIDE outside and then pop inside after you've sprayed. OR vice versa -its a very sneaky complex fungi for sure.

bodhiseeds

Veteran
i used this product called bio soy m in high ph (9) water and it seems to be working well. ive also heard that h2o2 works good and frys the spores too, does anybody know the strength to use of the h202 on plants for pm?

G

just spray ur plants top to bottom with hydrogen peroxide. completely harmless to ur plant. It breaks down the PM to nothing then drys off completely while leaving ur buds and leaves looking lush and green again. U can repeat this process serveral times a week. once the PM is gone u can stop treatment. This method only kills the PM but doesnt prevent it from coming back if the conditions are right. With that said, this was the safest and easiest way to get rid of my PM problem. And i had it bad trust me.

G

anything you can do to lower humidity will help. if you can put a dehumidifier in the room it'd help a lot.

bodhiseeds

Veteran
hey all, lots of good info here, just a few specific questions on the h202. is it 3% hydrogen peroxide from the pharmacy? straight out of the bottle or diluted? or is it the food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide found at the grow stores? dilution ratio on the 35%?
peace
b

G

the 3% is what u use to rid ur plants of PM. Straight up. no diluting. once the bubbles oxidize it turns into plain old h20. the bubbles is what kills the pm. Ur plants may need several treatments however depending on ur grow environment and how severe ur PM is. I had it real bad. it was everywhere. i was gonna just chop em down and start all over until i heard of this treatment. It was my last resort and it worked like a dream. I spray em down once a day until harvest cuz i let them go for 4 days after i thought the PM was gone and then it started to show up again in some places so now i just spray em once a day and it hasnt come back yet. During the summer time I never get PM but its during the cold winter months that PM becomes a problem because its the cold air outside mixing with the warm air inside that causes moisture and allows the PM to form. Hope this help u.

jorge

I've got the same issue. I'm in week 4 of flower and the PM came on real strong. I purchased a sulfer burner and used it 2 nights in a row for 8 hrs. It seemed to knock it back but I still have a bit of residue on the leaves.
Is it ok to use the H202 after using the sulfer burner for 2 nights? Should I give them some time or try and clean them as quick as possible? I assume quick. Also how often and late into flower can I use a sulfer burner? Does it cause ANY harm to the smoke? I was also thinking of running the burner in the house near the ac intake. Will this help? Any harm? Sorry for all the questions but I need to know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest posts