What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aceh weed (Indonesia's finest)

wizkhalifa

It's fucked up how most people in indo confuse weed with other drugs, but most people smoke cigarettes instead. Tokers get arrested and the police make them pay bribe, it's all about the money and corruption

Hi Volksrod , im from belgium :p

ofcourse landrace was the best and my first choice too , do you have a seed picture ? its a dream if i can find some Sumatran seeds here is like a unicorn lol .

good vibes everyone's

Well

Nice to se a thread from Indonesia, im moving to Indonesia in a couple of months :)
Send me a pm if you wanna talk.
bless

ahortator

Veteran
Hi SativaSmoker

Sadly as I have them now is a monoecious strain, because I have never found a male. As it is very difficult to get this type of strain (it's a landrace) I continued making seeds with the hermies, with the hope that some day it will appear a male :D

Hi Volksrod

I was quite shocked too when I received the Sumatran seeds along with some seeds from Mozambique, that didn't sprout.

My seeds are not very small. About 3.5-4mm long, light tan in color with very thin darker longitudinal stripes. I would say that they are common in size. But I have found many opened seeds when they were ripening still in the buds.

The leaves get very thin with a extremely long pointy end, not deeply serrated. They don't develope many fingers, about 5 or 7 as much (in the growing conditions I can afford). In my line is very common that some fingers more grow from the center of the leaf dropping forward over the others. Sometimes the top of the plant or a branch split in two without any reason. It is strange but I found it funny. However I think it could be due they are highly inbred.

There is no smell unless you rub the buds. And the smell is exactly like if you chop one of those carrots that sometimes comes with the inside trunk green.

That's all I can say.

Best regards.

floralheart

Veteran
I've got a friend in the Philippines who smokes. But I wouldn't smoke as a foreigner.

She's a fancy pants university girl who grew up in Florida. But is a PI resident.

She buys the weed from the farmers in the mountains. It's $14 for 1/4 oz of the finest quality outdoor. Kind of the same area you guys are talking about.

High hortator , thanks again for the sharing lol . and i hope for you too maybe with a bit of luck and time , but do you think we can make a trade or somethink ? i would really love to try some new stuff ( but unfortunately i don't have the money for going traveling around the world :( lol and i dont have many friends in other country than where i'm )

good vibes everyone's

Gert Lush

Veteran
Indonesia, being such a big and varied place probably has the best weed in the world, currently!
There is a thread on these boards somewhere where bushweed describes a trip to Indonesia. Worth reading, sorry don't have the link offhand.
I think there's also a thread by Shanti on his own board (MNS) about his visit to Irian Jaya.

Besides Aceh weed, there's is also Kalimantan weed from Borneo, which was probably the forefather of the better Columbian strains, brought over by Yanks just before they got heavy and banned it. And of course, last but not least, the many mighty sativas of New Guinea (half of which is Indonesian).

sota

The quality of the high

The quality of the high

I was in 1981 on tuk tuk.
bought a small amount of weed.
Was very trippy.
Cupwinner have no chance.
Perhaps new varieties have more THC, but they can not beat high.

tripledraw

What's up all, first post here! Google brought me here as I was looking for info about cultivating this strain.

Volksrod et al, if you've smoked in Jkt there's a very good chance you've come across this strain - most of our stuff came from there.

Have only bought them from the street. Good stuff, but I see a lot more potential if they were grown properly especially with proper feeding, sexing, harvesting and curing.

Moving to a new place with ample space for a grow room. Will create a thread somewhere once I get started and keep y'all updated.

For anyone in jkt, would always love to meet up & hang with fellow enthusiasts :)

tralalatrilili

i am smoking this kind of sativa everyday..in here we don't have strains.
In jakarta , where i live , all that available in the market is Aceh pure sativa.
so you don't have a lot of option here. when you buy somethings, you can't know the quality until you arrive at home, and lit the first joint. whether you get the ripe sative or the unripe sative.
i'm a new starter in this forum and located in indonesia.

Gelado`

Veteran
You guys are brave, I'd be scared to buy ganja in JKT. Indonesian police are scary! When I'm in Indonesia I don't drink or eat pork. My only vices there are shopping and eating too much amazing Indo food. ;) And smoking kretek.

tripledraw

Hi Gelado, it's done very discreetly of course, only through people you trust! In worst case scenario the popos can also be bribed although very expensive in this case (10-15jt on the spot, can be 100jt if they take u to the station). Nonetheless I can understand the paranoia.

I think you're going a bit overboard with the booze and pork though - absolutely no law against them :)

Gelado`

Veteran
As a foreigner it would be like 30-50 jt, or I could just share some ganja aceh with them and go for soto betawi and martabak manis after...

Hey, a break from booze and pork is a good thing. That and the stuff I wanna eat isn't usually pork! Indonesia's not for everyone, but I love it.

What's the going rate for ganj in JKT today? Can you post a pic of some good Aceh stuff?

tralalatrilili

here goes the pure indonesian breed. and unfortunately the only one exists in market.
editor
IMG-20131004-00341_zps57f82bbd.jpg.html

this size of packet is 50 K rupiah in my dealers. but it depend on source you got. if you dont get the right source with 50 K rupiah perhaps you can only scores two joints here.

tralalatrilili

as in the higher level... it is around 400 K rupiah for 100 Gr or 3 Million rupiah for 1 K.
but to access the market, you should have a very good connection.
and please beware of popo informant when you asking for a score here to some random guy.
The strict law for weed in indonesia is triggered becouse of putaw ( form of heroin ) bloom in around 2000. before that its quite convenient to scores weed in Jakarta.

Gelado`

Veteran
Interesting, I didn't know that. I still don't think I'd try to score in JKT--sounds too scary! ;)