What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The parable of the vineyard in one of my favourites, abit long to post here though.

Just type in to a search engine the book and chapter you are looking for and copy and paste. Just be sure to reference what version of the bible it is from. More than 1 verse is ok to post with me! :smoke:

Luke 20 NKJV

The Parable of the Wicked Vinedressers

9 Then He began to tell the people this parable: “A certain man planted a vineyard, leased it to [b]vinedressers, and went into a far country for a long time. 10 Now at [c]vintage-time he sent a servant to the vinedressers, that they might give him some of the fruit of the vineyard. But the vinedressers beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 11 Again he sent another servant; and they beat him also, treated him shamefully, and sent him away empty-handed. 12 And again he sent a third; and they wounded him also and cast him out.
13 “Then the owner of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son. Probably they will respect him when they see him.’ 14 But when the vinedressers saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.’ 15 So they cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. Therefore what will the owner of the vineyard do to them? 16 He will come and destroy those vinedressers and give the vineyard to others.”
And when they heard it they said, “Certainly not!”
17 Then He looked at them and said, “What then is this that is written:
‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone’?

18 Whoever falls on that stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”
19 And the chief priests and the scribes that very hour sought to lay hands on Him, but they [d]feared the people—for they knew He had spoken this parable against them.

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John 11:40[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” :smoke:[/FONT]

John 11 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Death of Lazarus

11 Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 2 It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. 3 Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.”
4 When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”
5 Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was. 7 Then after this He said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.”
8 The disciples said to Him, “Rabbi, lately the Jews sought to stone You, and are You going there again?”
9 Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. 10 But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.” 11 These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.”
12 Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” 13 However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep.
14 Then Jesus said to them plainly, “Lazarus is dead. 15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him.”
16 Then Thomas, who is called the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with Him.”
I Am the Resurrection and the Life

17 So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days. 18 Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about [a]two miles away. 19 And many of the Jews had joined the women around Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house. 21 Now Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.”
23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”
24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
27 She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”
Jesus and Death, the Last Enemy

28 And when she had said these things, she went her way and secretly called Mary her sister, saying, “The Teacher has come and is calling for you.” 29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly and came to Him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet come into the town, but [b]was in the place where Martha met Him. 31 Then the Jews who were with her in the house, and comforting her, when they saw that Mary rose up quickly and went out, followed her, [c]saying, “She is going to the tomb to weep there.”
32 Then, when Mary came where Jesus was, and saw Him, she fell down at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.”
33 Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled. 34 And He said, “Where have you laid him?”
They said to Him, “Lord, come and see.”
35 Jesus wept. 36 Then the Jews said, “See how He loved him!”
37 And some of them said, “Could not this Man, who opened the eyes of the blind, also have kept this man from dying?”
Lazarus Raised from the Dead

38 Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. 39 Jesus said, “Take away the stone.”
Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days.”
40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” 41 Then they took away the stone [d]from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”
The Plot to Kill Jesus

45 Then many of the Jews who had come to Mary, and had seen the things Jesus did, believed in Him. 46 But some of them went away to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did. 47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, “What shall we do? For this Man works many signs. 48 If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation.”
49 And one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all, 50 nor do you consider that it is expedient for [e]us that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish.” 51 Now this he did not say on his own authority; but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, 52 and not for that nation only, but also that He would gather together in one the children of God who were scattered abroad.
53 Then, from that day on, they plotted to put Him to death. 54 Therefore Jesus no longer walked openly among the Jews, but went from there into the country near the wilderness, to a city called Ephraim, and there remained with His disciples.
55 And the Passover of the Jews was near, and many went from the country up to Jerusalem before the Passover, to purify themselves. 56 Then they sought Jesus, and spoke among themselves as they stood in the temple, “What do you think—that He will not come to the feast?” 57 Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a command, that if anyone knew where He was, he should report it, that they might seize Him.

beta

Veteran
I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
(1 Timothy 2:12)

Medfinder

Chemon 91
with over 400 bibles that dont say the same thing...

1 Corinthians 1:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

WHY SO MANY? because the prophet amos said so..

Amos 8:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

one bible just as good as another?

KJV...
Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Luke 4:3-5 American Standard Version (ASV)
3 And the devil said unto him, If thou art the Son of God, command this stone that it become [a]bread. 4 And Jesus answered unto him, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone. 5 And he led him up, and showed him all the kingdoms of [c]the world in a moment of time.

WHATS MISSING IN THE 1885--1901--AND MOST NEW BIBLES...
........ THIS
but by every word of God.

WHY?

CODEX SINIATICUS... AS WELL AS COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK..GREED... but that all things must be fullfilled.

even the new king james writes out the word soul...

Genesis 2:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:7 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

New King James Version (NKJV)
Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

i use the 1384 wycliff..mattew.1526 tyndale 1560 geneva as well as 1611 1785 kjv..and the 1999 amereican king james bibles for edification..

http://www.qbible.com/

beta

Veteran
Man, it's almost as if the bible can and is interpreted to mean whatever you want it to mean. That's the beauty with faith - Because it isn't based on anything objective (by definition), there's no WRONG way to hold a faith based belief. All are equally as valid as the next.

The bible is a Rorschach test for the morally challenged.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ignoring these detracting posts. Please stop it guys! I will start a thread for you out of love. You are forgiven!

Psalm 56:4 NKJV

In God ( I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust
I will not fear.

What can flesh do to me?

beta

Veteran
Ignoring these detracting posts. Please stop it guys! I will start a thread for you out of love. You are forgiven!

Psalm 56:4 NKJV

In God ( I will praise His word),
In God I have put my trust
I will not fear.

What can flesh do to me?

If you don't want your faith-based beliefs criticized publicly... maybe stop proclaiming your faith-based beliefs publicly?

If you proclaim your faith loud and proud, expect to be criticized. If you don't like it there's a simple solution on your end.

I hope you can have an appreciation for the fact that many of us believe that magical thinking like this is the largest contributor to strife in the world today. Faith is making the world a harder place to live in. I will not abide people pretending faith is a good thing.

right

The lazuras story is great . I really enjoy that one .

Genisis 6 : 1-7. I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for .I might put up more if I find it

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Discussion forums are for discussing and debating, not preaching.

Post some grow info that half them members disagree with and see how it goes.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We try our best to be good to God. He is so good to us! We can only begin to comprehend the love God has for us! Amen!

Genesis 6 1-7

The Wickedness and Judgment of Man

6 Now it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw the daughters of men, that they were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.
3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 There were [b]giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
5 Then [c]the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent[d] of the thoughts of his heart was only evil [e]continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.” (1 Timothy 2:12)

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

“Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

W

Water-

If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to

Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing

Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing

Then whence cometh evil?

If He is neither able nor willing

Then why call Him God?

Epicurus

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Christian? No problem, preach away. Fellowship? Cool, there's plenty friends here.
Your god/jeebus picked #OrangeFoolius to run the USA & all your other trump related nonsense?
Rubbish!

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to

Then He is not omnipotent.

If He is able, but not willing

Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing

Then whence cometh evil.

If He is neither able nor willing

Then why call Him God?

Epicurus

God cannot do evil, but mankind has freewill and is free to do all kinds of evil, god then uses this evil for good.

W

Water-

than he is malevolent and not all knowing or omnipotent.

so why call him god?

If this god created Man than where does this so called evil in Humans come from if god can not do evil?

It is his creation, therefor all things come from him, no?

If man has free will than god can not be all knowing

Mick

Veteran
than he is malevolent and not all knowing or omnipotent.

so why call him god?

If this god created Man than where does this so called evil in Humans come from if god can not do evil?

It is his creation, therefor all things come from him, no?

If man has free will than god can not be all knowing

The bible states that god created evil, which kinda ties in with the concept of duality and the theory of the harmony of opposites.
Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things”. The christian god is therefor responsible for all the evil as well as the good on earth.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
God cannot do evil, but mankind has freewill and is free to do all kinds of evil, god then uses this evil for good.
Which god, or are we assuming the Abrahamic one? A couple of the snake gods just do evil. The cow ones usually just good. There's a tree god that just sits there. Rock god? Not the one you think of.

Illusion of free will. "You can do anything you want, but if you don't do it the way I say you should, I'll burn you in Hell forever."

Fuck that. No god. No old man in sky. No omnipotent, omniscient lizard that needs MY money so some lying fuckwit evangelical's wife can get bigger tits. Done at death, live it before you're over.

W

Water-

The bible states that god created evil, which kinda ties in with the concept of duality and the theory of the harmony of opposites.
Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things”. The christian god is therefor responsible for all the evil as well as the good on earth.

not so sure I like this guy,

i think he could have made some better choices.

why create evil?

good and evil are not really the same as yin and yang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts