What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshiners show

NOKUY

Veteran
really like that new show 'moonshiners'

that tim dude is a nut...

...and pretty smart for a country boy...no offense country boys...i'm one too.

props to popcorn...too bad he's gone, ........and well...... tickle needs to put the jug down really soon :tiphat:

Last edited:
yeah caught this a few nights ago, was pretty good. we outlaws have a lot in common ya know... also definitely RIP Popcorn Sutton- such a boss.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i likes the show, had me cracking up!

exactly like weed growers, but with shine......

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the show too. I hope they're not risking too much going on a show like that. It's great to see the traditions passed down to the next generation, but I couldn't imagine someone teaching their kid how to grow weed and doing it on a national tv show.

I didn't know moonshine was a seasonal thing. If it's not harvest time, couldn't they just go on a road trip to buy dry corn from a different part of the country? Why don't they just set up the whole operation in a basement somewhere to avoid exposure? Seems like a house would have everything they need, cold water, natural gas or electric heating, room for a still.

supermanlives

Veteran
i missed it but will try and watch next time. i always wanted a still. and one day soon i am getting a small one. if you love your country you gotta love moonshine.us redneck country boys aint all dumbasses

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Anyone got any links to that show, sounds like it's worth a watch.

K

KSP

I've had my share. We used to get stuff that had been racked over peaches or other fruit. I guess that's how they did it. Never saw the operation. Stuff was evil because it tasted good and was REAL easy to over-do. You really need to exercise caution drinking that stuff. I won't touch distilled spirits any longer, but I pick up a quart or two for out of town friends now and then.

A little story about a local guy that sold his shine off the wagon in the 40s. He had a store\whiskey joint\brothel. He also sold food and stuff by wagon, and would drive the wagon around callling "Get your beef, two dollars a quart, fresh beef". So my uncles and grandfather said.

N

Nondual

My dad used to babysit his neighbors still when he was a kid and my grandma made gin during the Depression. I looked into making moonshine and years ago it was like a $65 federal stamp and you can brew X amount of ethanol fuel for cars and such. If I remember right all you needed to do was use silver solder instead of lead and then the discharge was drinkable :)

I didn't know moonshine was a seasonal thing. If it's not harvest time, couldn't they just go on a road trip to buy dry corn from a different part of the country? Why don't they just set up the whole operation in a basement somewhere to avoid exposure? Seems like a house would have everything they need, cold water, natural gas or electric heating, room for a still.

I thought the exact same thing. I laughed at myself when I was getting dressed the next morning, realizing I had gone into that "creativity zone" that I use when designing a grow (or anything for that matter) and had spent the last 30 minutes showering and getting ready trying to figure where I would do it, how to disguise the smoke or eliminate it, etc. Then I went to my basement and got back to my own life.

At Krunch...Tims trips on the road...picking up the corn....lol...it was automatic, my adrenalin kicked in and I felt like I was there. We have a alot in common with them.

I think my weed blood is an offshoot of my great grandfather who ran booze in FL, and had a mechanics shop in South FL where one of his clients was Al Capones in the 30's. Hmmm, farm boy with a 8th grade education...retired at 38 in '37 w/ seven figure net worth BACK THEN!:tiphat: Must have fixed ALOT of cars.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
awesome show....didnt know popcorn died RIP.

that ABC agent is such a douchebag, fuckin self righteous cops acting like they are saving the world for imprisoning people just trying to make a living....all because they dont pay a tax.

makes me wonder if pot get legalized, will they have some marijuana control agents who go around cutting your plants down if you arent paying taxes...fuck that!

tickle needs to lay off the shine he looks drunk/hungover in every scene...

NOKUY

Veteran
about 5 yrs ago i did ALOT of research on getting into 'shine....

not to sell or anything really....mostly to do it small scale for personal use ....and slang a few jars here and there....

...well hard booze and i don't really get along anymore...so i've scrapped those plans.

....cool shit to watch these good ol' boys doin' their thang tho :wave:

......and like i said before ...tickle needs to get away from that shit

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About to finish this little jar of apple pie. Delicious :blowbubbles:
picture.php

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Should be good corn, not feed grade shit.

BTW, How the fuck you gonna live in a small Va town, make moonshine and show it on national television. Leave quick to go to work, and take the TV crew with you. And all at the same time have your underage son with you ?

He did say he was leaving his gear behind, so perhaps this is the end of it for him. But i doubt it, since the shine runs deep in his blood.
I imagine him getting busted in the next year. Losing his house, that BMW in the back i saw, his boy to child welfare. All sorts of crazy shit could go down now.

Yes...No ?

NOKUY

Veteran
Should be good corn, not feed grade shit.

BTW, How the fuck you gonna live in a small Va town, make moonshine and show it on national television. Leave quick to go to work, and take the TV crew with you. And all at the same time have your underage son with you ?

He did say he was leaving his gear behind, so perhaps this is the end of it for him. But i doubt it, since the shine runs deep in his blood.
I imagine him getting busted in the next year. Losing his house, that BMW in the back i saw, his boy to child welfare. All sorts of crazy shit could go down now.

Yes...No ?

...was just talkin' the wife about how strange it was for them to be jumping on tv like that.....tooooo much to go wrong w/ that.

Latest posts

Latest posts