What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you could go anywhere...Where would you live?

i never been to spain.....but.
i would love to try belize. but even tho it's u.s. i hated the hell out of puerto rico! nobody spoke english outside the tourist traps! too far away as well. rincon is the best place there.
loved hawaii but not oahu. kauaii (been) or big island (havent been), all my friends moved there but some moved back cause so expensive!!!

i have been up from sydney to cairns australia, i loved brisbane too but it's under water now. i thought cairns would be the place i would return to someday. girls? now i am 55 and my looks have tanked. might need the hookers in vegas.
lived in vegas. it sucked so hard it's unbelievable. great place for nevada to put the nuclear waste dump....right down town.

i would have to say cairns, although their meat pies gave me the shits. they dont feed their goddamned cows grain, just grass. tastes different enuf for me to decide to stay in the states. and aside from Powers' Red beer, a long neck Bud was the best tasting beer i had there. but talk about a long plane ride to get there! SHIT! twice as long as from seattle to puerto rico. btw crime in p.r. un godly. crime in the u.s. vi, ten times worse, just like jamaica

i dont have any money so cant retire anywhere, and australia would NOT let one move there and work. harder than the u.s. to immegrate legally. unless you float over on a raft from indonesia, then its just like being a mexican in the u.s., so that's out. they wont hire you for NOTHIN without a work visa.

so belize might be the only option. they would have to need electrical contractors.

S

SCROG McDuck

The euro is only used in some european countries ;)

I take it that should answer yer question, but just in case u toked up a few too many times before geography class back in the day, australia is nowhere near europe :tiphat:

a list of those countries that do use it:
1) Andorra
2) Austria
3) Belgium
4) Cyprus
5) Estonia
6) Finland
7) France
8) Germany
9) Greece
10) Ireland
11) Italy
12) Kosovo
13) Luxembourg
14) Malta
15) Monaco
16) Montenegro
17) Netherlands
18) Portugal
19) San Marino
20) Slovakia
21) Slovenia
22) Spain
23) Vatican City

Right, back on topic :)

Probably spain as its legal to grow and cheap to live. You'll need spanish if you venture into the real rural area's, but most other area's you'll get by with english with little problems. Growing season is fantastic, summers are gorgeous, winters arent bad, and the women are good. Though i must say, personally, as they reach their later years they degrade faster than most races (you may not feel the same).

Besides all this your connected to the rest of europe so road trips are easily planned. You'll also be able to grab european trains, and close to the sea for fishing, sailing, and water sports of all varieties

Seems perfect :artist:

HA! Ure right... high as a kite.. what was I thinking!!!?
TKS.

R

Rabbi Reefer

Colorado looks inviting, if I can find good bagels there, I'm moving for sure!

Piel

Veteran
1) Botswana -the nicest people I´ve ever met
2) South-Africa -high crime rate but still
3) Namibia -nobody disturbing me
4) Aruba
5) Portugal

whodair

Veteran
If you could go anywhere...Where would you live?

if i could go anywhere...i'd live near the airport

David762

I'm almost there right now ... Northern California.

I'm almost there right now ... Northern California.

If you were recently single, male, 50, good health, good looking, loved to grow and smoke weed, and as long as it's not too expensive, a job isn't important... If you could "retire" anywhere where English is spoken frequently, where would you go?

I was thinking Las Vegas...party/sin city...sounds like my kind of place! I haven't been there in 20 years...what's it like now? I bet I could pick up a place pretty cheap too.

I hear the MMJ is pretty good. 7 veg and 3 blooming? I can do that. A perpetual harvest every month or so...it would keep me going.

Can anyone think of something better? I'm looking to party...but not get robbed, so nothing too nasty please.

I've lived in the Caribbean, in the Deep South, in Great Britain, in New England, and in the Mid-Atlantic. Even though I had a seriously screwed-up childhood, I never found anyplace with the climate and people as agreeable as Northern California, just like I remembered it. Getting re-established here, well, that's an entirely different proposition -- mostly fracked up due to the economy, but that sit-rep is similar everywhere these days ... :dance013:

I'm no prude -- never was -- but I would never consider LV as anything other than a brief stop-over. I punched that ticket, and LV is off my bucket list. YMMV. :tiphat:

u couldnt buy me a holiday to vegas let alone get me to live there, nowere near the desert for me, ruins your health n mind, people are not meant to live there, L.v is americana to me.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I ain't got nothing 'gainst the east coast.
You want some people where they got the most.
And New York city's like a friendly ghost,
You seem to pass right through.
I know I'm gonna miss the u.s.a.,
I guess i'll miss it every single day,
But no one loves me here anyway,
I know my playing is through.

That's why I'm going to Katmandu,
Up to the mountains where I'm going to.
If i ever get out of here,
That's what I'm gonna do.

K-k-k-k-k-Katmandu,
Really, really going to,