What's new

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

LostTribe

Premium user
Plants that I've reversed do not always drop pollen as we see with a normal male. Most FEM pollen is much more tacky/wet, with very little airborne pollen. It doesn't fall easily. Collection can be time consuming. I pick off any open male clusters and put them into a kief box to dry for 24hrs. It's then screened and collected. Most plants I've reversed had to be done like this. The amount of pollen is far less than what a male would drop. I have had some reversed plants drop normally but it is not something I see often.

I use a STS mix of 1:7. It works most of the time. Much better than 1:9. Some plants are hard to reverse. I've never seen any burn using 1:7. These were sprayed 4x from the start of 12/12. I got 3x more pollen from APPSS than I did NEM. I had to put NEM in with the females to get a good pollination. She won't give up a lot of pollen for later use.. If you use IPM with any oils you must!!!! wash that off before treating with STS!
View attachment 18996979 View attachment 18996978
Much thanks @Hammerhead I'll up to 1:7 immediately and if that dont work I'll give the CS a go with asprin. I havent even been getting much in the way of opening going on. Not watering with silica this time was worried it was hardening them too much or something. The time I did STS on a pair of FDM C99 they both dumped pretty hardcore dusty roads and then some. Thanks again! I did get a tiny bit of Trinity that I forgot aobut off open sacks last time so I tried it on a Trin top and marked the top.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm throwing in the term cobalt chloride. I think I saw it on overgrow.com in a thread about Humboldt CSI and that they use it for hard to reverse plants. I didn't google it. So lazy today...

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm throwing in the term cobalt chloride. I think I saw it on overgrow.com in a thread about Humboldt CSI and that they use it for hard to reverse plants. I didn't google it. So lazy today...
You be the man brother you be the man.

Cobalt Hexachloride 100mg applied to females just the very tips of branches causes tip death and auxillary branching elongation with male flowers. Seems its much more effective at inhibiting ethylene production than silver. I found them trying it on OG and heres the link to the scientific paper.

10mg per liter

Last edited:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You be the man brother you be the man.

Cobalt Hexachloride 100mg applied to females just the very tips of branches causes tip death and auxillary branching elongation with male flowers. Seems its much more effective at inhibiting ethylene production than silver. I found them trying it on OG and heres the link to the scientific paper.

10mg per liter

Let us know how it worked if you plan to try the method.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've kept spraying about every 5 days. I'll keep on doing it a bit more and just give it time. I have time. Don't see necessarily new pistils just some on the top. The nanan's are poking out between the sacks too.
Spraying to often gives no pollen sometimes , more than twice is not needed with STS , once when flipped and again a week or 2 later if needed.

I've not had luck with ECSD when tried several times years ago so can't advise specifically for ECSD as it's know to be 1 if not the hardest to reverse

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I manually pick the flowers off and hand pollinate straight from plant to plant, as stated you get way less viable pollen than a normal Male

Latest posts

Latest posts