What's new

Attack on Portland

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Many of us are already basically living in a hole in the ground. Some of us have literally lived in a hole in the ground....

- True - I have been there - and managed to get out of there too - where there is life - there is always hope and a chance to work for a change - even if it means circumnavigating the globe to find that change and so peace for many - Taking it to the streets inevitably will result in mass confrontation - and if that's what you want - that's what you will get from a state trying to flex its muscles - trying desperately to show who's the boss -

What we are seeing is the response to the planned defunding of the police by 10%.
The police unions ran to DC where they were met by a president who thinks he can replay Nixon's law and order campaign.
I think they are attempting to hold back the inevitable.
I may well be mistaken.
I think we are seeing the first wave of a trend.
The country spends too damned much on shear insanity- on such
as the Afghani adventure as we have aging infrastructure which
needs updating, and a population hungry for real jobs.

Yes - you may well be right - a trend towards a more authoritarian society - bringing these wars home - and already the cops are kitted out like they are in 'Desert Storm' - so looking more like a 'Clampdown' every day -

Klompen

America was founded by stealing land from natives period

That's just not entirely accurate. Its mostly accurate, but definitely not the whole picture. There were many examples of Natives selling land to European governments and developers. George Washington himself negotiated such an agreement and was supposed to give that land to soldiers who have fought in the revolution(aka "Land Bounties"). Instead, he and his buddies sold the land to build palatial government buildings in D.C.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
You should look up that video of the Taliban fighter shooting down an Apache with an AK-47. They wipe out his whole squad and then he lifts his rifle and you can hear the chopper going down and a lot of swearing on the radio.

Wow side with the talaban to own a Trump supporter
Yikes

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
against all of our laws AND the Constitution for the US military to engage in combat operations inside US borders UNLESS we are physically invaded by a FOREIGN power. yuppies throwing rocks and water bottles at chicken-shit feds in the wrong damn place do not warrant it. smile at that, not gonna happen. a mile away? you would have to be directly over folks in a city with tall buildings. thus, in range of anything out there. only a moron would even fantasize about that, lol.:biglaugh: ridiculous? yes, and you get more so every damn time you crawl out from under your rock...:D

Thats frozen water bottles , bricks , and fireworks which is an act of war. You're lucky Trump has been cool cause he can invoke the insurrection act and 85%of the country would be behind it.you try to paint it as something else , maybe even at 1st with good intentions but it has morphed into savagery and anarchy they've destroyed their home and as soon as they are old enough to know better they're gonna be ashamed of them selves for the rest of their life.

djav59

Land grants were indeed part of the Revolution and why people signed on with Washington as did my ancestors .

Sunshineinabag

That's just not entirely accurate. Its mostly accurate, but definitely not the whole picture. There were many examples of Natives selling land to European governments and developers. George Washington himself negotiated such an agreement and was supposed to give that land to soldiers who have fought in the revolution(aka "Land Bounties"). Instead, he and his buddies sold the land to build palatial government buildings in D.C.

Nah folks like Sammy de Champlain just had the tribes fight one another so he could grab everything easier:dancer:

CaptainDankness

Thats frozen water bottles , bricks , and fireworks which is an act of war. You're lucky Trump has been cool cause he can invoke the insurrection act and 85%of the country would be behind it.you try to paint it as something else , maybe even at 1st with good intentions but it has morphed into savagery and anarchy they've destroyed their home and as soon as they are old enough to know better they're gonna be ashamed of them selves for the rest of their life.
You won't get no 85%, nobody likes a billionaire authoritarian. The riots will only get worse especially since they are cutting unemployment and many states are still shutdown because of them, billionaire authoritarians.

The worst is yet to come... :pirate:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goddamn if Neil Howe ain't right on the money.

Fourth Turning here we come.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride y'all.

Klompen

Wow side with the talaban to own a Trump supporter
Yikes

Are you fucking stupid or what? Seriously watch your mouth buddy. Its obvious as hell that I never said I support the fucking Taliban. I am pointing out how god damn wrong you are about a person with a rifle versus a helicopter. How dare you accuse me of treason over such a thing. You owe me an apology.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Are you fucking stupid or what? Seriously watch your mouth buddy. Its obvious as hell that I never said I support the fucking Taliban. I am pointing out how god damn wrong you are about a person with a rifle versus a helicopter. How dare you accuse me of treason over such a thing. You owe me an apology.

don't hold your breath waiting...he takes his cues from chump, who is NEVER wrong and NEVER apologizes even when he is. daily...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah - Amynamous is right - can we not have any of this personal insulting and baiting thru 'cheap-shots' - all this 'moms basement' talk is so boring and predictable -

“I have seen this before. When you cant attack the premise effectively, make silly remarks” - stewart169:D

G

“I have seen this before. When you cant attack the premise effectively, make silly remarks” - stewart169:D
Your right on this one but sometimes you have to dumb down to the level of the person on the other side of the table. Every time I make the mistake of posting in this type of thread I can feel my common sense and intellect dropping to match the posters on this topic. Gotta quit it.

djav59

What was the premise?
I was just remarking on Portland a great place I worked and lived before and the brave people there in that are willing to fight fascism.
All of a sudden as usual a couple of assholes chime in about something they know nothing of .

Latest posts

Latest posts