What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Attack on Portland

Gry

Veteran
Am left with a Hollywood's finest image of a young and fit Donald Trump leaning out of a helicopter
bare chested with bandoleers of ammo crossing his chest, a chain gun in the hand the camera sees.
We all understood it was a straw in the other hand.

packerfan79

Veteran
Fucking Trump idiots stay out of this thread.

Maybe it would be better if you started a private group, if you don't want any opinions you disagree with.Not to mention all the work you are creating for poor old fishstick.I am sure Unc has better things to do than police you personal insults.

G

Sad its come to this. Most of these children have no idea what they really are protesting other than the thrill of burning and destroying things. They can spout generalizations and quote long dead assholes who were responsible for the deaths of millions but cant really say what to replace it with effectively. Most of these children have no real future or jobs or hopes due to their own paths. No real skills or abilities to contribute to the country except the scream the have what they really think is a education and "can code" but mostly cant find a job or one they feel is not below them. Yet they feel they are owed. The adult versions are not much different. I dont say this out of malice but its just the way the large majority of the real folks in the USA and world understand what they are. Their "leaders" would in a flash throw all of the lapdogs under the bus for a chance at being the anointed ones with all the power and wealth and privilege their pawns so disdain. Honestly I dont hate these children but the country has had enough. This group has done more to help re-elect Trump than if Biden had a stroke on live TV while watching is boy suck chinese cocks. Which he may yet.

G

"those that make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable." -John F. Kennedy

"progress is impossible without change, and those that cannot change their minds cannot change anything." - G.B. Shaw

:tiphat:
JFK was a joke. He cared about very few things. Family, money and pussy and not in that order.

Brother Nature

That is true... in and of itself anyway. Being a British colony wouldn't necessarily be any different than what we are today(a corporate plantation state).

The American Revolution was ideologically-complicated though. Most of the lofty ideals we attribute wrongly to Jefferson are actually from Paine, and most of the so-called "Founding Fathers" were slave owners who were upset that there was already talk in England of banning chattel slavery. If we had stayed a British colony, slavery would have ended so much more easily than it did, and a good 20-30 years sooner. Given that most slaves didn't live past their teen years; that could be as much as 3 generations that would have had to wait for liberation.

Thanks for the response, I actually currently live in a commonwealth country and I have to say I much prefer it to living in the US (where I was born and raised). Being removed from it all has given me a great perspective of my home country and it's pretty hard to agree with either of the prevailing parties at the moment. I agree the adoration of our founding fathers is a little convoluted, but my comment was more trying to broadly appeal to both sides about the fact our government touts freedumb and justice while all the while treating it's own citizens the same way the British treated the founders of the US. The west also never got rid of slavery, it's just called the 40 hour work week now.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Here is an interesting fact about the abolition of slavery in the UK -

picture.php

*So the British government at the time paid all the slave owners 'compensation' for freeing the slaves -

Thanks for the response, I actually currently live in a commonwealth country and I have to say I much prefer it to living in the US (where I was born and raised). Being removed from it all has given me a great perspective of my home country and it's pretty hard to agree with either of the prevailing parties at the moment. I agree the adoration of our founding fathers is a little convoluted, but my comment was more trying to broadly appeal to both sides about the fact our government touts freedumb and justice while all the while treating it's own citizens the same way the British treated the founders of the US. The west also never got rid of slavery, it's just called the 40 hour work week now.

Klompen

Sad its come to this. Most of these children have no idea what they really are protesting other than the thrill of burning and destroying things. They can spout generalizations and quote long dead assholes who were responsible for the deaths of millions but cant really say what to replace it with effectively. Most of these children have no real future or jobs or hopes due to their own paths. No real skills or abilities to contribute to the country except the scream the have what they really think is a education and "can code" but mostly cant find a job or one they feel is not below them. Yet they feel they are owed. The adult versions are not much different. I dont say this out of malice but its just the way the large majority of the real folks in the USA and world understand what they are. Their "leaders" would in a flash throw all of the lapdogs under the bus for a chance at being the anointed ones with all the power and wealth and privilege their pawns so disdain. Honestly I dont hate these children but the country has had enough. This group has done more to help re-elect Trump than if Biden had a stroke on live TV while watching is boy suck chinese cocks. Which he may yet.

Honestly, if you're going to criticize people for their supposed lack of intellect, it's wise to be sure you're not demonstrating a lack of it yourself. If education was truly so important to you, you'd bother to use proper punctuation, proper paragraph structure, and proper sentence structure.

The main reason these kids have limited futures and job prospects is that capitalist maniacs have de-industrialized this country in order to exploit labor elsewhere. We increasingly don't make things in this country and we are increasingly lacking the infrastructure to revive industry in any real way.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Ever hear of sinpers in choppers ? Finest shot's in the world....
If some froggy Orangutan 's feel like making this incredibly stupid move then they will meet their death that day.

ever hear of deer hunters? pretty damn good shots themselves. helicopters are damn big targets, with a bunch of fragile shit that keeps them aloft. what the hell is a "sinper" anyway? :laughing:

G

Honestly, if you're going to criticize people for their supposed lack of intellect, it's wise to be sure you're not demonstrating a lack of it yourself. If education was truly so important to you, you'd bother to use proper punctuation, proper paragraph structure, and proper sentence structure.

The main reason these kids have limited futures and job prospects is that capitalist maniacs have de-industrialized this country in order to exploit labor elsewhere. We increasingly don't make things in this country and we are increasingly lacking the infrastructure to revive industry in any real way.
I have seen this before. When you cant attack the premise effectively, make silly remarks about punctuation. Jobs are going begging all over the country. Most of these little shits have no desire to work for a living. They think they are entitles and the rest of us should just let them have a tantrum like 5 year olds. The day after the election this shit is all going to cease to be important to the media and the attention will move on. At that point the police hopefully wade into these crowds with water cannons and batons. The mom bitches included.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have seen this before. When you cant attack the premise effectively, make silly remarks about punctuation. Jobs are going begging all over the country. Most of these little shits have no desire to work for a living. They think they are entitles and the rest of us should just let them have a tantrum like 5 year olds. The day after the election this shit is all going to cease to be important to the media and the attention will move on. At that point the police hopefully wade into these crowds with water cannons and batons. The mom bitches included.

you would have been right at home on the police dept. in Birmingham in the early 1960s with "bull" connor. brave man...:laughing:

djav59

Fox News Legal Analyst Issues Chilling Warning About Trump’s Portland Crackdown

Andrew Napolitano slammed federal agents’ use of excessive force as “unlawful, unconstitutional and harmful.”

Portland is in America, right? What’s going on here?” asked Napolitano, a former New Jersey Superior Court judge.
Napolitano has frequently criticized Trump. He even said there was “ample evidence” to remove the president from office following his impeachment for Ukraine misconduct.

He suggested the actions of the militarized agents in Portland would “chill others from public dissent.”

“This is how totalitarianism begins,” he cautioned. “The feds claim that federal property needs protection and the folks assigned to do so need help. When help arrives, it does so by surprise, under cover of darkness and shielded by anonymity. Then, the reinforcements beat and arrest and harm protestors because their bosses in Washington do not approve of the protestors’ message.”

“Public dissent against the government is a core personal freedom. It is as American as apple pie,” Napolitano continued. “It was integral to the creation of our republic. Government repression of dissent is totalitarian. It is as un-American as the governments against which we fought world wars to preserve our core freedoms.”

White Beard

Fox News Legal Analyst Issues Chilling Warning About Trump’s Portland Crackdown

Andrew Napolitano slammed federal agents’ use of excessive force as “unlawful, unconstitutional and harmful.”

Portland is in America, right? What’s going on here?” asked Napolitano, a former New Jersey Superior Court judge.
Napolitano has frequently criticized Trump. He even said there was “ample evidence” to remove the president from office following his impeachment for Ukraine misconduct.

He suggested the actions of the militarized agents in Portland would “chill others from public dissent.”

“This is how totalitarianism begins,” he cautioned. “The feds claim that federal property needs protection and the folks assigned to do so need help. When help arrives, it does so by surprise, under cover of darkness and shielded by anonymity. Then, the reinforcements beat and arrest and harm protestors because their bosses in Washington do not approve of the protestors’ message.”

“Public dissent against the government is a core personal freedom. It is as American as apple pie,” Napolitano continued. “It was integral to the creation of our republic. Government repression of dissent is totalitarian. It is as un-American as the governments against which we fought world wars to preserve our core freedoms.”

I find it both weird and comforting that actual Americans of the Fox persuasion can see what’s happening and are speaking out about it.

Must be why the YT worms are so agitated and unhinged these days...yes, even compared to how they have been for years.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
The day after the election this shit is all going to cease to be important to the media and the attention will move on. At that point the police hopefully wade into these crowds with water cannons and batons. The mom bitches included.

so you hate the first amendment?

Latest posts

Latest posts