What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adventures with a 30+yr old NL cut

TPFTFW

Veteran
Nice 1’s there

Are those in the last section Travis Scott’s? You got a few eh? Those sure seem coveted, not really up my alley (just personal taste) I mostly like Js ( 3 and 4 the best) and Air Max a distant 2nd, with Bron’s too

ive had a couple haha

the coolest part about these are prolly the stash pocket
I prolly have some pics of it somewhere but if u look it up its not in the tongue like old skate shoes
picture.php

picture.php

shoes are fun and all but id def rather just wear them then sell them

with selling to GOAT and stockX shit was easier but
they had their own problems

having to know all the shit for legit checks can be tiresome

if u like shoes feel free to post shit I don't really care what's posted here no real direction of any sort

Happy Times

ive had a couple haha

I prolly have some pics of it somewhere but if u look it up its not in the tongue like old skate shoes
View Image

View Image

if u like shoes feel free to post shit I don't really care what's posted here no real direction of any sort

Whoa nice row there!

Yeah I’m more of a rock than stock guy, just get a single pair and use em

Just picked up some 23’s off eBay that are wicked pristine. Something about that # right?!

I’ll try to post a pic

Sorry for the non NL content, I do love that strain too haha

Cvh

Supermod
Yesterday I harvested and trimmed my NL5 (from seed). Here are few quick pictures.
Full Organic grown
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_084758.jpg
    IMG_20200613_084758.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200612_115409.jpg
    IMG_20200612_115409.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 23

TPFTFW

Veteran
Yesterday I harvested and trimmed my NL5 (from seed). Here are few quick pictures.
Full Organic grown
View Image

I thought NL5 was a clone only?

Also on the last page is a pic of my NL in flower nearing the finish
here’s some Poorly grown examples of my cut

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BYF

im a fan as well, this was the first plant I ever grew I'm just happy I could get it back for the family it was a fluke

the 1 and 2 are kushy, a homie believes Hindu Kush may have even been a rename by sensi

the Santa Cruz haze is from the son of the original haze bros (the haze bros were actually just the guys from jersey that sold it back east but for ease of understanding ill just say that its from the original guys in Santa Cruz who made it yes) I believe the cut is from the 80's as well think I was told 87 ill have to double check.. I also am being given original seeds from an 80's repopulation by the homie to pop in vitro... for those that know the cut I have is the root beer.

I can not speak to if it is the cut that made blue dream

the adonai is what's made pretty much anything "watermelon' in the game.. watermelon kush is likely a hybrid or phenobarbitals of adonai.. karmas "melon' is likely the adonai or a hybrid.

this NL is the first plant I grew outdoors

yes that is the butterscotch Hawaiian used in free Leonard.. I also have a very good cut of free Leonard.. MI represent

yeah im just getting on the computer to do all this it was on the phone

I have to make an album and all that and remember to not post them not as a thumb nail its been a grip since I actively posted here

Do you think there’s any Adonai in melonbred

T

TakenByTheSky

I thought NL5 was a clone only?

Also on the last page is a pic of my NL in flower nearing the finish
here’s some Poorly grown examples of my cut

View Image

View Image

View Image

Bodhi released a bunch of NL5 seeds a few years ago. His were from BCSC, I'm pretty sure NL5 was a clone only that was eventually made into a seed line like everything else.

TPFTFW

Veteran
Ak bean brains has some classic stuff including nl5 from the eighties original release

It’s not from the original release
It’s a line he claims never left PNW
it’s just hashy etc absolutely no pine
he was trying to send me pollen etc and I told him I wasn’t really interested and low and behold he was just trying to get my cut

I’m gonna get herb to plenty of homies who know what’s up I’m sure you’ll see it around

I’ve heard his MTF isn’t very good at all,
Lots of people just trying to cash in on the old cut hype

yeah those Bcsc joints are around

My cut is likely from the actual first release in 85’ at the seed bank..

the one people don’t know much about

or a leaked cut from the original crew

Which is why I’m getting samples of my cut to Seattle Greg and others

I’ve already talked with all these guys or they’ve hit me up themselves

if the NL5 is a seed line.. that’s like calling swerves SFV OG line the SFV..
It’s not.. just because of bad practice naming things after the parent means nothing

I have some G13 x BCSC NL5 from around 00’ made by motarebel and friends

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Do you think there’s any Adonai in melonbred

my Adonai beans are from shiloh,
shiloh and his homie made it in 02 or so

3rd gen fam etc seem to be involved with the melonbred

So my guess would be probably but I haven’t heard back from the homie yet

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive had a couple haha

View Image

View Image

Here’s my sons every day walking around collection he gave me permission to take a picture and post it he’s 21 years old
picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That’s because boots are for men ...you should see my boot collection..I like steel toes..You can get a lot of work done with them

TPFTFW

Veteran
And yeah man whatever’s clever to each their own

I get it people wanna poke fun
I’m under 30 over 25 years old

But like.. I’m not sure how that’s a dis

I get to grow and smoke the weed from YOUR guys prime and grow it better then when you were my age.

I don’t really find the young jokes an insult cuz I’m incredibly blessed to have the access and skills I do at this age

T

TakenByTheSky

It’s not from the original release
It’s a line he claims never left PNW
it’s just hashy etc absolutely no pine
he was trying to send me pollen etc and I told him I wasn’t really interested and low and behold he was just trying to get my cut

I’m gonna get herb to plenty of homies who know what’s up I’m sure you’ll see it around

I’ve heard his MTF isn’t very good at all,
Lots of people just trying to cash in on the old cut hype

yeah those Bcsc joints are around

My cut is likely from the actual first release in 85’ at the seed bank..

the one people don’t know much about

or a leaked cut from the original crew

Which is why I’m getting samples of my cut to Seattle Greg and others

I’ve already talked with all these guys or they’ve hit me up themselves

if the NL5 is a seed line.. that’s like calling swerves SFV OG line the SFV..
It’s not.. just because of bad practice naming things after the parent means nothing

I have some G13 x BCSC NL5 from around 00’ made by motarebel and friends

Northern lights is one of the most common and bastardized strains known next to skunk. With yours of foggy origins there is nothing to say it's more legit then any others that are out there as many strains have been breeding and selling NL for decades. But as you're here claiming some other guy is trying to cash in on old cut hype you're here doing the exact same thing, trying to repackage some NL with some story about how it's the oldest and best. I've been growing for a long time, seen many trends come and go NL is always there but no one has really cared about it for a long time, it's popping up now as a lot of ppl are trying to bring it back to the top and I don't see it happening, it doesn't have the qualities people really want, it's just a good over all smoke but doesn't really stand out for smell, taste or potency and doesn't have the resin content like a lot of new stuff. It's like a nostalgic novelty plant that everyone should grow atleast once but not many are really keeping it around long term these days.