What's new

The True Origin of G13

GoatCheese

Veteran
I thot Pacifics cut was taken from a plant that was siezed in a dea raid?,and he was unsure of the lineage but it stood out coz of its resin and high the?,a different cut than the original but still potent and an excellent cut by all accounts.76
Yea, in posts about the Pacific-G13 clone Pacific him/herself calls it " G13 clone", Not G13/NL or even Pacific-G13, but refers to this clone as " G13 clone".

I've also seen Hazeman calling Pacific-G13 cut the G13 clone in his strain descriptions. See Description to Hazeman's 'P.O.W.' and 'Escaped' strains.

Here's a few posts by Pacific talking about the Pacific-G13:
[FONT=&quot] pacific[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
hi all,
sb, I too appreciate your honesty, but your're still under the wrong impression. THE GOVERNMENT DID NOT DEVELOP THESE PLANTS, THEY ARE ALL FROM DEA CONFISCATED LOTS. They are ALL tested and certain ones are kept (for exactly what reasons I don't know) and distributed in certain cases. Somehow I just can't get that through peoples heads.
I don't think aliens are involved or genetic engineering for that matter (except for maybe one particular plant)but that's not what we're talking about here. All the info is researchable if you put your mind to it. People want to believe in super-secret government projects, but it's all much more mundane than that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I do get these plants from a source that is certified by the dea, that's all I am going to say on the subject. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You can believe me or not, it doesn't matter. Because again, it's not me that's important, it's the plant. I apologize to anyone to whom I have given the wrong impression.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peace [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] pacific[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

NCGA G13BW = Bluewidow male (sag blueberry x aloha ww) X (G13xNL)

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]pacific G13BW[/FONT][FONT=&quot] = Mr.Nice Blackwidow male X [/FONT][FONT=&quot]G13 clone[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

peace
apologies to nc if i don't have it quite right, but i think i do [/FONT]

ctg

Veteran
When we got the pacific g13 from pacific she referred to it as g13. I had many online battles on the mns forum and other places about g13 over the years. When Neville got his cutting and advertised his first release of g13 x’s he stated in that fist add that g13 was widely grown commercially in the USA.. words right from his add.
I believe as I always have that the pacific cut is in fact g13 the original clone.
Is what it is never had to leave the USA, it was handed out between sharing folk.. I would love to have her back! It was originally sent to clips from pacific and then me shortly afterwords.
-ct-

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Pacific had 3 different plants that were all called G13 and the plants all originated from DEA busts.That means the plants were from growers that got busted and i cant remember if Pacific knew some one in the DEA but that is were they came from so they were not the G13.

Airbornes G13 was the G13/NL not Pacifics.

I asked Nevil about the G13 and he told me who he got it from and the real story behind it.

I got hold of test seed of the last cross made to the real G13 and said to be possibly the best cross of it not something i enjoyed.

picture.php

picture.php

J-Icky

I just find all this government involvement hard to believe. First it was a super secret special plant liberated from a government grow lab. And then if we are to believe Pacific, the government wasted time and resources to bust people with their plant just to turn around and hand it back out to people.
Just a bunch of hype to help sell an exceptionally potent plant that didn’t have the rest of the package. “Oh it doesn’t have a great look taste or smell cause the secret government scientist only cares about making it potent”.
More like a grower that found something special but was too lazy to do the work to make it truly amazing.

Obviously not much has changed in the world of cannabis. How many of today’s strains are just chem or OG crosses? It’s so much easier to make up a story than to actually grow out plants and find those truly unique ones and when someone does instead of working it we get G13 like stories.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I just find all this government involvement hard to believe. First it was a super secret special plant liberated from a government grow lab. And then if we are to believe Pacific, the government wasted time and resources to bust people with their plant just to turn around and hand it back out to people.
Just a bunch of hype to help sell an exceptionally potent plant that didn’t have the rest of the package. “Oh it doesn’t have a great look taste or smell cause the secret government scientist only cares about making it potent”.
More like a grower that found something special but was too lazy to do the work to make it truly amazing.

Obviously not much has changed in the world of cannabis. How many of today’s strains are just chem or OG crosses? It’s so much easier to make up a story than to actually grow out plants and find those truly unique ones and when someone does instead of working it we get G13 like stories.

The 3 plants Pacific calls G13 are not G13 they are plants people were growing that got busted by DEA of unrelated lines not G13 plants being tracked down and liberated back to uncle Sam.

J-Icky

The 3 plants Pacific calls G13 are not G13 they are plants people were growing that got busted by DEA of unrelated lines not G13 plants being tracked down and liberated back to uncle Sam.

So why would Pacific call them G13? Sorry I know you only know what you know. Sounds like Pacific was more a government plant to spread “disinformation” or in this case false genetics. That is if their story is even to be believed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So why would Pacific call them G13? Sorry I know you only know what you know. Sounds like Pacific was more a government plant to spread “disinformation” or in this case false genetics. That is if their story is even to be believed.

Because they came from the DEA they are the goverment.

Saying that even if they are not G13 related they are good in their own right many did and possibly still like growing and smoking them.

Credit to Pacific for being honest as they did post the facts surrounding the clones.

GoatCheese

Veteran
i cant remember if Pacific knew some one in the DEA but that is were they came from so they were not the G13.
Well, Hempy, your logic doesn't actually prove Pacific's cut isn't the G13, you just make a claim that it isn't.

Purple-G, i think, was another G13-hybrid cut Pacific had.
..can anyone remember what the 3rd one was called?

Airbornes G13 was the G13/NL not Pacifics.
You called Pacific's G-13 a G13/NL5 on the page before, and implying that you haven't even smoked/grown it, so what do you really know about it.

Pacifics G13 was a G13/Nl5 wasn't it good line from all i read.

I have a G13 leaning Pacific-G13/NL5 keeper from Motarebel.
ATM i'm growing MrNice's G13Haze, i have 4 females, and the G13 terps are dead on the same as on my Pacific-G13/NL5..
..so there really is G13 in Pacific-G13, if it's not the same clone.

Gordy's Spice #18 (PG13 x NL#5)- Motarebel

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GoatCheese

Veteran

Goverment assets spreading false cuts/disinfo on cannabis genetics in 1980's???
..Time to stop drinking, J!!:biglaugh:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Goverment assets spreading false cuts/disinfo on cannabis genetics in 1980's???
..Time to stop drinking, J!!:biglaugh:

GoatCheese Pacific posted that info relating to were the 3 clones they called G13 came from so if you think its bull shit then take it up with Pacific.

jayd

ive grown pacifica a couple times so have a couple of my friends. i was gifted some seeds from pacific around 15 years ago. i belive pacifica is a pg13 x bw bx.
they had no g13 traits at all. no massive fan leaves or burnt rubber /grass smell or taste. she did stink of a sort of diesel/fuel so was black widow dom. strange that everyone said they had high male rates with the seeds. i made more seeds myself and did notice that there was a high % of males. a lot of the plants started showing male preflowers and then female hairs so i picked off the male preflowers and had proper females from some of them apart from a few lower sacs. think ive still got a load of seeds in the freezer but doubt id grow them again . the smoke was very strong but not was i was after no afghani effect at all really

GoatCheese

Veteran
GoatCheese Pacific posted that info relating to were the 3 clones they called G13 came from so if you think its bull shit then take it up with Pacific.
And i copied a post from Pacific few pages ago, where she called the cut "G13 clone", so why don't you go ask how it is.

Like i wrote, that G13 leaning Gordy's Spice i keep has dead on the same G13 terps as on the G13Haze plants from Nevil/MrNice. So yea, you go ask Pacific what might explain this.
Peace, bro.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
And i copied a post from Pacific few pages ago, where she called the cut "G13 clone", so why don't you go ask how it is.

Like i wrote, that G13 leaning Gordy's Spice i keep has dead on the same G13 terps as on the G13Haze plants from Nevil/MrNice. So yea, you go ask Pacific what might explain this.
Peace, bro.

Pacific had 3 clones called G13 not one looked like Nevil's clone and at Cannabis world Pacific posted explaining why they were all called G13 because some people called pacific out on it.

That is were Pacific reveled the sauce of the clones (DEA) and why they the 3 clones were all called G13.

They are not related to the real G13.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
[SIZE=-1] sb, I too appreciate your honesty, but you're still under the wrong impression. THE GOVERNMENT DID NOT DEVELOP THESE PLANTS, THEY ARE ALL FROM DEA CONFISCATED LOTS. They are ALL tested and certain ones are kept (for exactly what reasons I don't know) and distributed in certain cases. Somehow I just can't get that through peoples heads. I don't think aliens are involved or genetic engineering for that matter (except for maybe one particular plant) but that's not what we're talking about here. All the info is researchable if you put your mind to it. People want to believe in super-secret government projects, but it's all much more mundane than that. I do get these plants from a source that is certified by the dea, that's all I am going to say on the subject. You can believe me or not, it doesn't matter. Because again, it's not me that's important, it's the plant. I apologize to anyone to whom I have given the wrong impression. Lady J[/SIZE]

The truth is out there all you need is to put in a little effort.

William76

Hempys right,they were all from dea seizures,kept cause of their high thc count,think they called it g13 cause of its strength,Pacific told a few of us this,if you search the forums you'll find it,cant remember if it was pacific or vic high that grew the ab and the Pacific and he said they definitely were different cuts.76

ctg

Veteran
Pacific did a x with her g13 and mr nice black widow. (Bwg13)I purchased one of the first lots sold on cbay. Also was in touch with pacific for many years.

As I said Ive argued this many times over the years. Pacifics g holds every bit of merit as the cut Nevil rec from the USA. Only real thing we know about Nevil’s is he got his from the US. All other is hear say as with many other cultivars past and present.
I’m not going to get into a pissing match that I have in the past. Opinions are opinions
As I said in my previous post as far as I’m concerned the cut we call pacific g13 is indeed the real deal. Pacific isn’t here to tell the story and Nevil said in his own seed company add, “g13 is widely grown commercially in the US”.
So. There were lots of g13 cuts being passed around the grow scene in the USA while nev was just getting started selling his first g13xs.
Is what it is. With today’s tech someone could prob do a dna test to at least see if the cuts are related. Obviously the pacific cut is still out here, don’t know bout Nev’s
I respect diff viewpoints so won’t post anymore arguments in this thread.
There are many stories and myths out here, I have first hand exp with some of the history and can only relate what I’ve seen smoked and grown. Pacifics g13 is excellent heirloom cannabis cut that needs to be preserved and shared as we did in the past. So many legendary Cultivars lost, some from big egos, some chance, and many from ignorance not knowing what we had and that the specific cultivar wouldn’t be around for ever. I’m prob guilty of all three of the above at one time or another. You can bet that my eyes and mind have opened up to my faults and I’m dedicated to preserving and working with as many heirloom cultivars as I can in the future.
-ct-

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts