What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Haze

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice bro

some real special ones in there

ecsd x original haze now that is going to be out of this world
look forward to what you find

peace

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
to bb, bh and the many others who asked to see this. i had my reservations about putting it online but figured it was meant to be shared in the first place so enjoy. sorry if the image isn't great.

happy haze/ peace

hahaha... I JUST realized this post was from 09...
I wanted to see the poster better...

Turns out they were in another thread here at ICmag...

picture.php

View image in gallery

Though I was to young to enjoy the free love 70's.
I was raised with the spirit the 70's unleashed
and thus I was much loved and free to be me...:biggrin:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey bb, thanks for your interest. in the days of the haze, there was haze and everything else. the haze produced an effect that can best be described as the smiling effect.

the fact that the flower was wispy did not in any way detract from it's power, taste and fragrance. The silver/magenta variety had the best taste, kinda like smoking a pack of juicy fruit.
all the best, peace, hh

nice quotes from guy who remember 70´s haze. magenta still can taste great. if you can find one..

Kagyu2

greetings,
i was wondering if the community is familiar with a poster
made in 1975 called the original haze? it was copy written
in '75 by RL.
if anyone else happens to have one i'd love to hear from you.

back in those days i was an apprentice to an old master, now
i'm old, and no master, but still old.

the poster includes the story and recipe, and since i'm a med patient
now and able to engage in the production of my own medicine i have
engaged in gardening and am seeking out others who may have been around then.

peace from the monterey bay
I have one signed by RL. Been trying to contact you to talk about the Haze.

The original haze

The original haze

Thsi strain is probebly dead but thought I'd give it a try.

I lived in Santa Cruz back in the day of the haze and this is what I recall.....

The strain was developed by the Hayes brothers in Santa Cruz. They used a special soil formula that gave the plants all they needed. They grew these incredible plants in their backyard in Santa Cruz. They used a breeding pair consisting of one incredible gold Columbian male and a Thai female. The hybrid offspring wre varied and not consistent for years. They had many different types and strengths. They were all very powerful and delicate. Very stony. What's call Haze today is nowhere near what the Hayes brothers developed. I beleive the strain faded away with the Hayes brothers long ago.

I remember one of their plants specifically. They called it lambs wool as the flowers looked just like the material used in womens clothing by the same name. They had many types each year and it always fetched big bucks.

They sold exclusively through a broker in the Santa Cruz mountains in Boulder creek. He bought and sold virtually all the pot grown in the area and even had an inventory going back several years for sampling. He had many sampling parties that I remember very well.

There was the onslaught of Columbian weed being brought into San Franciso bay at that time and there were two basic strains; red and gold columbian. These were used as the base for much of the pot being grown there today.

The Hayes brothers worked hard to make sure that none of their seeds made it to the public but late in the 70's this same brojker took some to Mexican farmers and I don't know what happened to that effort. I believe the Haze strain became what it was because of the exceptional climate in Santa Cruz that allowed slow maturation of the flowers. These plants had very delicate flowers that broke apart easily. It was back bred using more Columbian genetics.

Personally, I don't believe any of that strain exists today. There are very few breeders that understand genetics these days and many things are sold using the Haze name that have nothing to do with this original haze.

I have one of the posters mentioned and would be glad to publish it if anyone still exists on this thread.
Publish it had it lost it in the fire up north

Latest posts

Latest posts