What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Haze

bigherb

Veteran
hh

those pics r illie

is that purp in those calyx?
the calyx look pretty dense r those nugs tight

really lovely pics im hopin for a smoke report on her wen ready

1luvbigherb

happyhi

bh
yes and yes! when i first got the plant i thought it was the weirdest thing i'd ever seen
i got three and they are all slightly different, flowers look the same but each plant is a variation on the variety in terms of it's genetic integrity ( guessing since i don't know shit)
one of them in particular is very cool because it has virtually no leaves, i'd say there are four small leaves to trim a bud. it is candy purple and whoever created it should pat themselves on the back. very cool plant, i have never tasted it so i will report back.
it is also only 38 days into flowering so it could be the fastest finisher ever.
i have asked the community if anyone knows anything about it but never heard back.
peace/hh
medical and personal

Bumble Buddy

Some pretty fireworks there happyhi, I did a web search for "purple candy", a breeder named Jojorizo made a "purple candy haze" at one point but I couldn't find anything substantive. I have seen small very green leaves with too much nitrogen (I think), and leaf canoeing from high heat...

The "RL" attribution on the poster may be one of the Haze Broz...

I found this thread on the Original Haze soil recipe, here's some exeprts:
jingles said:
Look for a old article in homegrown magazine titled, 'ON THE TRAIL'. within this article lies a soil recipe called 'THE COSMIC BOOGIE' used by the guys responsible for the o haze in california. this soil recipe and the same quality sunshine should produce nice results..

(Click links for image, I think jingles got these from the book "The Best of Homegrown")
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/46640DSC00481.JPG
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/46640DSC00477.JPG

Sam_Skunkman said:
This is the Haze Bros soil formula not Oldtimer's. The people from Homegrown came to Santa Cruz and interviewed me for the article, I gave them the soil formula. They never met the Haze Bros.
BTW, be careful about using redwood sawdust it sucks nitrogen until fully composted with a nitrogen source like rabbit shit.

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman said:
I normally start to mix my soil at the end of the year and let it sit until next spring. If I use sawdust or plant wastes I make sure the pile starts pretty hot to get the carbon/nitrogen ratio corrected and be sure there is no un-composted sawdust etc. left by the time I use the pile. I add the more soluble ingredients in the spring before using.

The formula was for the area of Santa Cruz where all the ingredients were freely available with a little hunting for them.

-SamS

Hope you have news from your meeting happyhi, take notes! :biglaugh:

happyhi

bh
clearly sam is one of the original articles. the guy who taught me i would think knows the whole story. i did make phone contact with him and he was cool. years ago he wouldn't even look at me let alone talk. funny how life changes. i'm 54 he is probably 64, back then
10 years was the difference between a man and a boy, now were all boys!
i haven't seen him because of the crazy traffic over the 4th. i will however catch him next week
and report back with what i find.
do you mind sharing how you do your thing? back in those days we made the dirt like
sam says at the end of the season for the following year because it was so hot, and i remember having to turn the pile endlessly to make sure the sawdust was blended.
we then dumped it into huge holes in the ground. now that i'm growing in 5 gal plastic
pots i have tried to employ all the silly bottles of shit the hydro store has sold me but am
moving back to my roots and am going to go totally organic on the next run.
would love to learn anything you have to share.
peace/hh

Bumble Buddy

Growing indoors, I used to take the sandy alkaline desert soil here and add things like peat moss, soil from the compost pile, blood and bone meal, alfalfa meal, earthworm castings etc... worked really well but it was particular to the ingredients here on hand, took some experimentation and failures to get it going good. Lately I've been using coco coir (ground up coconut husks) with a two part nutrient formula, it is very consistent and simple. The only other thing I use is either lime juice or "pH down" powder to adjust pH. I too have an affinity for the old natural ways, sort of feel guilty using these bottles but it works so well... sound like an addict now, heh. Hopefully someday I'll be able to grow outdoors with organics in the ground.

You might want to check out the Organic Soil forum here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65536

happyhi

many thanks for the info, what two bottles do you use? the cooco looks very cool and i've been reading about it and it is suitable for organic. i started with 10 gal pots but switched to 5's cause i got tired of lifting the 10's. for my next run i'm thinking of trying to use plastic 5 gal pots again but the kind that professional nurseries use. i have read about it here on icmag. they claim to control the root development and direct the roots back towards the center instead of spiraling on the side of the container. i was thinking of trying it with the cocco and then applying organic teas. i am going to put some in cooco and some in organic roots soil and see what happens. from what i've read, professional nurseries that use what they call a root propagation system are able to develop much larger shrubs for transportation in smaller and smaller containers because of the root propagation technology, seems worth trying.
if you are ever up my way let me know and we can medicate together. sam's post mentioned my location. and i can show you the poster in person.
all the best,
hh

Bumble Buddy

Hey happyhi I've been using General Hydroponics Bloom and Micro solutions in Botanicaire 5kg brick coco, 2 gallon pots, around 12 plants under a 1000W HPS. Those pots you mention seem to work well from what I have read, though I'm staying with conventional plastic pots because I heard that the fabric type ones are difficult to clean. REZDOG did an explaination of the formula here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81674 Gr3atfulh3ad did an explaination of it here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=55683

Wow, this immature Original Haze x Skunk#1 that I quickdried is something different, haven't been this high in a long long time. The tasty candy indica hybrids I've been growing are nice- fantastically crystally and fruity but they seem quaint next to this, which really gets my brain moving, it gives me a sensation like there is extra blood being pumped into my brain, really intense...

happyhi

bb- great report on the effect of your current med. my brother uses the GH and has always
had great results. there are some other plastic root management pots that i am going to try
also mentioned somewhere in the community. the cloth stuff works but i also hear they are a bit of a a hassle to clean, plus i don't like the idea of the roots being outside the container as i move things indoor and out depending on the weather, nothing like the sun.
thanks for all the feedback, will update with what i learn about the haze.
peace

Bumble Buddy

The bud in the picture I posted above was snipped at 45 days flowering, they are now nearing 60 days and looking much more crystally. Hard to tell how long the optimal flowering of them is at this point, they got burned badly by standing in some strong runoff from other plants- they take about 1/2 the nitrogen as some of the other strains I'm running. My best guess is that one pheno will run around 70 days and the other woluld go ~80 days, same for some males though one is a lot longer, 90 days plus maybe.

happyhi

Haze Poster

Haze Poster

to bb, bh and the many others who asked to see this. i had my reservations about putting it online but figured it was meant to be shared in the first place so enjoy. sorry if the image isn't great.

happy haze/ peace

Attachments

• poster 001.jpg
    poster 001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116
  • poster 003.jpg
    poster 003.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 110

Bumble Buddy

Whoa happyhi that is AWESOME :yoinks: thanks for posting it! :bow::bow::bow:
I notice it says "no seeds", and can make out most of the rest but what does it say to the right and left of "OrganicallyGrownAcclimatized"? and on the edge of the shield?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thankyou happyhi for posting the poster

had me interested since you first mentioned it

my favourite type of cannabis is haze

ive grown about 20 diferent types of haze and smoked to many to remeber
you cant beat the haze buzz

look for (flying ducthman seeds) original haze that is the wispy buds and up up up high with the unusal spicy pine taste from back in the day,i doubt it as good as the 1 you had many yeas ago but is 1 of the closest
also check out titans haze(from flying dutchman seeds) that is cross of original haze x skunk1 and posseses the great flavours and high but at a reduced strech and flower period

peace

HappyHybridS

thankyou happyhi for posting the poster

had me interested since you first mentioned it

my favourite type of cannabis is haze

ive grown about 20 diferent types of haze and smoked to many to remeber
you cant beat the haze buzz

look for (flying ducthman seeds) original haze that is the wispy buds and up up up high with the unusal spicy pine taste from back in the day,i doubt it as good as the 1 you had many yeas ago but is 1 of the closest
also check out titans haze(from flying dutchman seeds) that is cross of original haze x skunk1 and posseses the great flavours and high but at a reduced strech and flower period

peace

wispy buds... yeah that! :D

picture.php

btw, only can second the recommendation of titans haze! i love that strain...

greetz

happyhi

to all who have enjoyed the poster, thanks for the good vibes. am trying to get the right
haze seeds! not having any luck with the batch i purchased so far. Orignal Haze/Skunk#1
and nevilles' haze. I got them both thru Gypsy, which is a incredibly reliable co, as i got the product within a week of ordering, kinda blew my mind. Beautifully packaged!
Only ones that popped were the freebies, the others are being difficult! it's been over a week, so yesterday i took all the beans out of the oasis cubes and popped the shells, in the process i came across two that had popped and were trying to get out, hopefully i will see some make an appearance. i am incredibly appreciative of any advice and help in returning to my haze roots. Can't wait to taste some of the old flavor! have been enjoying all the great strains available but have not found the haze yet.
peace and happy haze hunting!

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Good luck in your adventure buddy. TFD or Mr.Nice is the way to go for haze IMO. Thanks for sharing the poster. Take Care.

bigherb

Veteran
hh

much thanks

just like our sacred plant yess it was made to be shared your kindness will not go unnoticed

i really lov that pic no seeds no chems american eagle n flag

beauitful id love to read it all is there only the soil recipe on there or more info

lovely pic watcha got hazen up

best of luck wit those seeds a week anint too long be hopful you got 2 movin im sure som more will awaken

1luvbigherb

happyhi

bh thanks for the reply,i'm keeping my haze hopes up. i posted all the language the artwork has some words but they should be visible.
i'm going to try and find out where the artwork is i'm sure lots of people would enjoy having a copy.
oh/skunk#1 , nevilles haze, and ed's super bud, first time i ever bought seeds, all the freebies popped. i'm sure something good will come of it.
peace