What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Next fad? Marijuana Juicing is The Next Big Thing (or a Big Waste of Cash)

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this made me laugh, thought I'd share.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2012/01/marijuana_juicing_thc_medical_cannabis.php

Weed can be smoked, vaporized and eaten.But a practice advocated by Dr. William Courtney, an M.D. from Willits, California seems to be gaining traction in 2012:
He wants you to juice your marijuana. That's right, put that valuable green stuff in a blender and drink it up like a banana milkshake. Mmm.
And the best benefit (allegedly)?

No high to speak of.
It's true. You don't get stoned. Only broke.
But before you tell us that you might as well put your paycheck in the blender along with that Mary Jane, hear out the good doctor:
He believes that Cannabidiol (CBD), a key cannabinoid in pot, has illness-killing healing power that can be destroyed by smoking marijuana.
But drinking weed brings out the good stuff while destroying the plant's "psychoactive" buzz.
In a video the doc says:
It's a vegitable. It's not psychoactive until humans heat it.​
He has presented anecdotal evidence of the miracle of raw cannabis, claiming that at least one patient is all the better for it. We say go for it: Stop getting high and your life will magically get better:
You'll start showing up to things on-time, you'll stop eating Cheetos, and a new job will magically come into view.
It better pay well, though: Doing shots of certain strains of "Kush" (at nearly $300 an ounce) won't be cheap.

E

el dub

This guy is a foaf. I'm pretty sure he advocates consuming young, reefer sprouts.

lw

Friend

Veteran
Yeah, go ahead and just squeeze a bunch of unflushed wet buds and drink whatever comes out. Yum!

E

el dub

The good dr advocates juicing young sprouts that have yet to flower, if'n I remember correctly.

lw

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i dont think there is a "wrong" way to consume cannabis. it contains plant enzymes and chlorofil which im sure is nutritious.....

med_breeder

I eat males all the time. I know of the health benefits of hemp seeds, but does anyone know the nutrional profile of of the rest of the plant?

Is it high in iron, B12 etc?

E

el dub

I don't see anyone knocking Dr C in this thread except the op, who apparently doesn't understand/believe the benefits of juicing cannabis. However, I see this being a case of just needing a little more education on the subject at hand.

lw

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Yeah, this asshole got an article in a national newspaper talking about the health benefits of pot without the high. He'll help spread the positive image of cannabis as a non-narcotic health product to mainstream america, people who might otherwise write it off as a dangerous drug. Those people may now want to try it, and shockingly, vote differently when they go to the booth. Worst of all, if it catches on, we'll need to produce more pot just to make this juice, which in turn will make a now-legitimized industry put pressure on politicians to decriminalize their product.

What an enormous, foolish dong.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never juiced a plant but I think fresh off the plant nugs dipped in olives oil are good.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I do not know about this doctor, but I see the potential of weed eaten, with or without a high to help replenish the bodies canniboids as we age and our endocannibinoids, or whatever the right terms are, stop functioning at the levels they do in our youth.

My Dad is in his eighties, and has the slow growing type of cancer that they say will not kill him, if it does not spread, which it has not for a few years. I think a capsule of fresh dry leaf or bud per day could possibly help him prevent the spread of cancer. So having no high would be key with him. Working on him, hehe.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Oh, oh, here is one you can try, I did. Eat a handfull of fresh green leaf in a salad three days in a row, let us know how ya feel. I do not do it often, but when I did, it was weird, I felt strangly better in some way. Time to try some spinich leaf salads again this winter to see if it was my imagination. Got leaf?

purple_man

Veteran
as far as i remember, eating raw leaves will give you some stomach discomfort, ...

on the other hand, in one of the hasjisj books, there is a story, about some monk (i think in persia) who wandered off his daily walking track, was exhausted, sat next to a canna tree, and ate some of the leaves, after that he made all his students/followers do the same... so who knows...

blessss

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Hmm still cheaper than juicing Organic veggies and fruits.

Kale and all the good stuff is pricey.

Last edited:

CANNABEST

it would be the same thing like making butter. only with no butter, and you will get high from that.. if all the thc is being blend with it