What's new

CBD x Panama Goddess (F10)

Kissgardens

Hi All,

I posted some pictures of my Panama in the Panama thread. I want a place to post some pics of the R&D CBD #1 x Panama Goddess (F10) and CBD #5 x Panama Goddess (F10) but didn't see a thread for them yet.

Today's picture are CBD #1 x Panama Goddess (F10) at the end of week 7.

Attachments

• 2020-06-14 CBD1 01.jpg
    2020-06-14 CBD1 01.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 2020-06-14 CBD1 02.jpg
    2020-06-14 CBD1 02.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2020-06-14 CBD1 03.jpg
    2020-06-14 CBD1 03.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2020-06-14 CBD1 04.jpg
    2020-06-14 CBD1 04.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2020-06-14 CBD1 05.jpg
    2020-06-14 CBD1 05.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 31

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kissgardens :wave:

Thank you very much for your feedback on the new CBD #1 x Panama Goddess fem hybrid, much appreciated :yes:
I'm really excited about this new cross, looking great after 7 weeks, looks like she will done under 10 week range flowering time.
Your female looks very close to the black Panama pheno you posted on the Panama thread, isn't ? Curious to know how does she compare with the CBD #5 x Panama cross.

Kissgardens

Hi Kissgardens :wave:

Thank you very much for your feedback on the new CBD #1 x Panama Goddess fem hybrid, much appreciated :yes:
I'm really excited about this new cross, looking great after 7 weeks, looks like she will done under 10 week range flowering time.
Your female looks very close to the black Panama pheno you posted on the Panama thread, isn't ? Curious to know how does she compare with the CBD #5 x Panama cross.

I ended up taking the CBD #1 x Panama Goddess to little over 9 weeks. I am hoping to work on getting the harvest photos prepped to post this weekend and post next week.

It has a slight blue/purple tint on the small leafs close to the budsites. The fan leafs stayed green the whole time with a light fade on the lowers to a yellow. Where the Panama fan leafs got VERY dark purple/black. The overall size of the CBD #1 x Panama was shorter (maybe 10-15% shorter) and with bud sites much closer together compared to the Panama which was a bit longer and the bud sites more spread out. The stem on the CBD #1 x Panama was thicker and self supporting where the Panama needed a bit of support around mid flower. The tops on the Panama, which went 3 weeks more in flower, were significantly bigger.

From the seat of the pants feel, this CBD1 x Panama is much more CBD heavy compared to the last CBD1 x Panama I grew. I will note, that last CBD1 x Panama is one of my favorite daytime smokes. Sad, I don't have a cutting and my jar is almost empty. I believe you noted the CBD1 x Panama I grew last year was very Panama Goddess in the appearance so assuming the effects are more tied to the Panama Goddess side. I need to find a place for testing to get some better info. As my two CBD1 x Panamas were grown at different times, conditions, styles. The height on them where pretty similar.

I will work on writing up some details about the CBD5 x Panama and prepping the pictures. The summary would be of the 3 from this last grow (CBD5 x Panama, CBD1 x Panama, and Panama), CBD5 x Panama was the tallest (probably 10-15% taller than the Panama and ~25% taller than CBD1 x Panama) and thinnest stems with less bud sites but the tops where HUGE. It went 11 weeks and was a breeze to trim.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kissgardens,

Your notes on the 3 different strains are much appreciated, and accurate :yes: Glad you are enjoying with the results :)
Your are right, CBD # 5 has very thin stems so you can expect thinner stems also in the CBD #5 x Panama cross although Panama Goddess will help a bit to improve CBD #5 lankiness. Thanks again.

Kissgardens

Hi Kissgardens,

Your notes on the 3 different strains are much appreciated, and accurate :yes: Glad you are enjoying with the results :)
Your are right, CBD # 5 has very thin stems so you can expect thinner stems also in the CBD #5 x Panama cross although Panama Goddess will help a bit to improve CBD #5 lankiness. Thanks again.

Happy to provide some notes. I am still working on improving what notes I document so if there is anything else you would like to see in the future, let me know.

Here are the CBD1 x Panama at harvest time. The sparkle on those lowers was fantastic :greenstars:. When I was looking over my pictures from harvest day, I started questioning why I even harvested. It looks like it was about to do the Panama 3rd reflowering. I think I shorted myself a bit.

Anyways, here are the photos. I need to figure out how to post better resolution photos here. Seems like it takes my big photos and shrinks it down a bunch.

I will start working on posting the CBD5 x Panama next week.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Kissgardens :) The CBD #1 x Panama in the pics looks enough ripe to me.
I'm wondering whether those black colors on your Panama and CBD x Panama are enhanced by your type of lamp. Are you using LEDs ?

Kissgardens

Thanks Kissgardens :) The CBD #1 x Panama in the pics looks enough ripe to me.
I'm wondering whether those black colors on your Panama and CBD x Panama are enhanced by your type of lamp. Are you using LEDs ?

Assuming you are referencing for growing, but I will put the details about taking photos just in case.

For taking a photo, it wasn't until late June that I got some supplemental little LED panels for taking photos. They are 5600K. I know, for sure, I didn't use them for the week 7 photos. I don't recall if I had them in time for the week 9 photos. I think before I got the lights for taking photos it was making everything look a bit darker than actual. Thus, why I wanted to get them.

For growing, they where under Vero29 3500k cobs. There would have been some side lighting coming from an old (~2012) 3 watt per diode LED panel. I forgot the details on that one but just retired it for a Vero29 3000k cob for that half of the tent.

Here is a different CBD #1 x Panama that is outside soaking in bright light in the sky in a small 15 gallon container..

Attachments

• 2020-08-05_CBD1.jpg
    2020-08-05_CBD1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 21

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thnaks for the info Kissgardens :) Glad to see you have another CBD #1 x Panama female growing outdoors, should be interesting to compare the results vs indoors.
And curious to learn more about your results with the CBD # 5 x Panama! :yes:

Kissgardens

Thnaks for the info Kissgardens :) Glad to see you have another CBD #1 x Panama female growing outdoors, should be interesting to compare the results vs indoors.
And curious to learn more about your results with the CBD # 5 x Panama! :yes:

Hi Dubi,

I am pretty excited to see the comparison of outdoor vs indoor. I am hoping for a decent harvest for only having 15 gallon containers so I can make a bunch of salve with it. I use salves a bunch on my arthritic hand.

I was thinking about your correlation between the lights and the dark colors I get. I also wonder if the color coming out could also be the temperature that I run the room at? I would say the tops close to the light are around 26-29c but down towards the soil I am guessing (keep my temp gauge by the light) is 18-21c during lights on. During lights out, the tent gets down to 15-18. However, as you will see from the CBD #5 x Panama she stayed nice and green. I also ran a Bangi Haze in a 1 gallon container during that same time and she also stayed very green.

The CBD #5 x Panama, from the day the seed was put into soil (the only step I do for germination) to the day she was moved into flower was 6 weeks. She was kept in small containers during veg. The day she moved to flower, she where transferred to a ~5 gallon/1cf sip's. This is the same for CBD #1 x Panama and Panama.

I will start a new thread on my current flower girls, I have a tropical mix and a Panama x Bangi Haze. However, the tropical mix will be harder to photograph as she got VERY big very fast once she moved to the flower tent.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Then sounds like the intense colors on your Panama and CBD #1 x Panama were not induced by cold temps, probably colors were pheno dependant more than anything.

Curious to know your opinion on the differnces regarding terpenes and effects between Panama, CBD #1 x Panama and cbd #5 x Panama.

Best wishes with the flowering of your current Tropical Mix and Panama x Bangi Haze :)

Kissgardens

Then sounds like the intense colors on your Panama and CBD #1 x Panama were not induced by cold temps, probably colors were pheno dependant more than anything.

Curious to know your opinion on the differnces regarding terpenes and effects between Panama, CBD #1 x Panama and cbd #5 x Panama.

Best wishes with the flowering of your current Tropical Mix and Panama x Bangi Haze :)

cbd #5 x Panama:
Effects:
I will start by saying, this was the only flower I brought for a 2 day 20+ mile backpacking adventure in a high alpine environment. She has a tame high but still provides plenty of head focus, energy, and helps tone down any pains my body might be experiencing. Almost zero energy drain after a few hours or at least can be countered by a few more puffs. Even if someone didn't want the fantastic CBD effects, I think this would be a great strain for people who wanted to dip their toes into consuming sativas/nld.

Terpenes:
There is some lemon in there for sure. However, there is something else that I have yet to figure out. I wouldn't call it gas though. Maybe clove? I dunno, let me sample more and see if it ever clicks.

cbd #1 x Panama:
Effects:
A touch of a body high that is relaxing without the cerebral effects. However, not couch lock by any means. This jar has got the least amount of love. I mainly been dipping my hands into the Panama and the CBD5 x Panama jars. I'll provide some more feedback after I have sampled some more. It is a hard life but someone has to do it. :party:

Terpenes:
I will have to comment more later on the terps. I don't recall any lemon but don't really recall what it smells like. I will open up a jar tonight and finish this section.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear you are enjoying with the flowers of your harvest ;) Your feedback on the new CBD x Panama hybrids is much appreciated.

CBD # 5 mother is no longer alive so this hybrid cannot be replicated in seed form any more as a F1 hybrid, so keep clones of her if you like it so much! :yes:

Kissgardens

Glad to hear you are enjoying with the flowers of your harvest ;) Your feedback on the new CBD x Panama hybrids is much appreciated.

CBD # 5 mother is no longer alive so this hybrid cannot be replicated in seed form any more as a F1 hybrid, so keep clones of her if you like it so much! :yes:

I ended up giving my last cbd5 x Panama to a friend who has been making salves. I took a cutting before I gave it away but was trying a new cloning approach and well, it needs some tweaking and that clone didn't last. I think I have a few more seeds though.

I am excited for the outdoor CBD1 x Panama. The 10 day on the weather is looking great and hoping to harvest it mid October.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm enjoying the very last 'pure' CBD # 5 flowers here in my afternoons :)
She has a lovely sweet floral Skunk/Haze taste with a slight incense touch in the air, great CBD effect with the optimistic sativa feeling.

Would like to explore the CBD #5 x Panama cross in more depth at some point, since the CBD #5 mother had very weak bearing
and i think Panama will help to improve her structure a lot, and enhance the incensey terpenes too.

Please, keep us updated with your outdoor CBD#1 x Panama when you have the chance.

Latest posts

Latest posts