What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MI Price Disruption

BillFarthing

Veteran
There's cheap indoor flower flooding in from California and Colorado for $1500-1600 a unit. I remember getting $2800 a pound 5 years ago. I knew the price would drop in Michigan, but I didn't expect it to happen that quick.

How is price since recreational passed affecting you?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Supply and demand....basic economics.
The four basic laws of supply and demand are: If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, then it leads to higher equilibrium price and higher quantity. If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, then it leads to lower equilibrium price and lower quantity.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Price will for the most part keep going down. Every new state that legalizes will need less imported. Not until there is no reason to transport weight and everyone in the country has a steady connect for decent herb (legal or black market) will we see the actual price of cannabis.

Firecityseeds

Within 2 years we will see 1000 per pound
Within 5 years 500 per pound .
Indoor flower costs 150-200 per pound to produce. Expect it to settle at 300 per pound like the typical profit margin in other industries.

Maybe even less because it will go to lowest common denominator. Smart guys with big financial backing will produce at the most cost efficient end of things will be able to produce at posdibly $70 per pound. They will more than double their money at 150 per pound and drive out competition. This is to say nothing of corps with 70 billion in assets ( oms investments ,Hawthorne etc) selling at a big loss because they can and driving everyone out of bidness.

Its a race to the bottom. Make your hay while the sun is still shining and make plans for doing something else in the future because 98% of us wont be making anything from flower in 6 years.

Its been this way for sometime. This 14-1600 lb commercial weed is just that, most times not. I can't even recall seeing anything really worth writing about here among the typical weed being imported and grown commercially besides that occasional find. A lot of the best is just simply kept in smaller circles and I doubt these aficionados will take anything less regardless of the price. Perhaps the days of turning lbs may be coming to an end, but I just don't see it shutting down every small time grower..

Greenthumber

I remember not long ago getting 350 an oz it’s crazy! Half of anything you see In The dispensary’s looks and smells the same, now people complain buying top shelf for 2000 it’s crazy!

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Top shelf will always go for top dollar. People are getting tired of smoking mj with no taste and a bland high. Subpar growers better step their game up, because legalization is coming right around the corner for every state. The days of sitting on your ass getting 300 a zip is over. I tell other grower friends of mine that all the time. Only the strong will survive.

OP

Sunshineinabag

If I go downtown or to a local cat for herbs it's usually got NO TRICHS left from whatever traveling/handling etc etc.....and they get 200-240 a zip all day long......bulk elbows of well grown flowrds that actually have intact (visible) trichs can fetch dumb college kid prizes. Serious bag appeal can make the diff......it's like a strip club yeah u can spend 500-1000 on that flavor......but do ya wanna live with her? She may look great on stage....but when her " performance" is over you may be left wanting.
Lmao I just smoked last yrs flowers I misplaced in a baby food jar......I may be intoxicated atm.........yes it's dawn as well......better go walk the dog.......
In closing if I had acess to top shelf flowers with high bag appeal and good edibles.....I could save enough money to start a farm and recruit folks here to come establish the place with me!
1500-2500 all day long provided the product is good and not molested.

Latest posts

Latest posts