What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much do you harvest with 600 hps ?

pinkus

Veteran
Using an 8 and 10 week strain as examples.

10 week strain in 40 weeks = 4 harvests
8 week strain in 40 weeks = 5 harvests.

Doubt the GPW difference makes up for a full extra harvest.

LOL. I am aware that you get more harvests per length of time with faster strains. That's the actual reason you tend to get more per area with a longer flowering plant. :shooty:

Spaventa

Veteran
Best yield I ever did was years ago because it was a high yielding strain - chronic by serious. 9 females from 10 seed.
I ran the 9 under 2 600w HPS. I flipped after 8 weeks from seed and got just over 1.8 kg, of bud that looked brilliant and got you wasted but tasted like smoking lawn cuttings. After a cure it was like burning hey.
I’ve never got close to that ever since because I don’t grow any high yielders, I short/zero veg and I flush for a week.
I also downscaled and went from 2 x 600w HPS to 2 X 315w CMH.

A. Jones

hey A. Jones !

Its very good your score !

how much veg and how much plant ? Do you have technique ? Topping ?
The best one was 16 in 1,5 gallon pots,topped once and a screen was used to keep all the colas at the same height level. Vegged for 3 weeks.

scarafino

O

O

Hey bro in soil ? 24 oz its hard with 1 month veg

My best in 11 oz with 3 gallon pot x9 per 600 with 1 month veg

what do you improve ?

Attachments

• 08F3031C-8400-4729-99F8-82C599C06001.jpg
    08F3031C-8400-4729-99F8-82C599C06001.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 24
R

Rab.C

i am on my first grow and must be doing somthing really wrong because my plants wont yield much. i have 4 planys in a 3x3 tent in coco 6,5ltr pots growin barbara bud small yielding pheno.

G

GatorGumbo

i am on my first grow and must be doing somthing really wrong because my plants wont yield much. i have 4 planys in a 3x3 tent in coco 6,5ltr pots growin barbara bud small yielding pheno.

Where are they in the flower cycle? Lots of strains really only pack on the gains after about 50% through flowering. Some even mostly in the last two weeks. I've grown a few strains that I almost pulled up and threw away because they were longer flowering and looked like a waste of time, but they proved me wrong in the end.

Outside of that consideration, check your temps and/or CO2, get more air moving over the buds, and make sure you are using quality soil.

R

Rab.C

hi GatorGumbo they are week 6 of 12/12 now. and its a 7 maybe 8 week strain
my day temps are 24c lights on and 23c lights off. i am using coco.think i flipped em to
late they are 3ft and 3.5ft tall i didnt lollipop them as its my first run.i think running a 600 watt was a waste for me.i am feeding EC1.5

pinkus

Veteran
I can say that most new growers neglect air exchange and correctly exhausting hot air.

Next is probably too much nutes.

Then I reckon compacted roots and/or overwatering.

:bandit:

R

Rab.C

i thought too much food but they dont have burnt leaf tip could be overwatering i am not sure as leafs were praying most of the time here is a pic

Last edited:

pinkus

Veteran
Looks great. I think an even canopy and less space between plants and you'll be good to go.

However, clones are the ticket to maximizing yield IMO.

:shooty:

EDIT: at least indoors. Using the sun and a sativa you'll outstrip any indoor setup.

G

GatorGumbo

Those plants look great from a glance, honestly. Loli-poping isn't going to really make a huge difference. In combination with a few other things it can, but it's not a huge deal.

What strain are you growing?

Keep in mind that a lot of seed packs will say it's a 7-8 week plant when it's really a 9 or 10 week plant. It also depends on light schedule and temps, but again, not a huge deal. You'll know when the trichomes look ripe in any case.

R

Rab.C

Those plants look great from a glance, honestly. Loli-poping isn't going to really make a huge difference. In combination with a few other things it can, but it's not a huge deal.

What strain are you growing?

Keep in mind that a lot of seed packs will say it's a 7-8 week plant when it's really a 9 or 10 week plant. It also depends on light schedule and temps, but again, not a huge deal. You'll know when the trichomes look ripe in any case.

thanks

there is 4 strains barbara bud.ogkz.gorilla breath and three blue kings

scarafino

Thank you for your opinion

I grow in soil of the critical + 2.0 in this photo, it is a mixture Skunk X BigBUD a variety with a lot of yield normally

Here is the picture other a variety in soil, with 12 plants per lamp in 3 gallon jars

I find that my secondary buds are not compact

this its black bomb variety

https://www.philosopherseeds.com/en/black-bomb-p-35.html

Attachments

• foto_no_exif (5).jpg
    foto_no_exif (5).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 27
R

Rab.C

Thank you for your opinion

I grow in soil of the critical + 2.0 in this photo, it is a mixture Skunk X BigBUD a variety with a lot of yield normally

Here is the picture other a variety in soil, with 12 plants per lamp in 3 gallon jars

I find that my secondary buds are not compact

this its black bomb variety

https://www.philosopherseeds.com/en/black-bomb-p-35.html

great looking plants are you running 1200watts in there i see 2 x reflectors

Spaventa

Veteran

Here are the usual factors that reduce yield. You can probably work out which of them are affecting you.

1. Genetic. Yield varies widelybetween strains. You are growing a low yielder.

2. Environment. Temperature, humidity and light level and spectrum. If your temps exceed 28c, your RH is too low, your light is too small or wrong frequency, all will reduce yield.

3. Feeding. Too much or not enough or wrong type. Go with quality nutrients that others have recommended. Go by instructions and adjust as needed.

4. Time. The longer you veg the plants on 18/6 or constant light, the bigger the plant and yield after flower. Going 12/12 early slashes yield.

R

Rab.C

Here are the usual factors that reduce yield. You can probably work out which of them are affecting you.

1. Genetic. Yield varies widelybetween strains. You are growing a low yielder.

2. Environment. Temperature, humidity and light level and spectrum. If your temps exceed 28c, your RH is too low, your light is too small or wrong frequency, all will reduce yield.

3. Feeding. Too much or not enough or wrong type. Go with quality nutrients that others have recommended. Go by instructions and adjust as needed.

4. Time. The longer you veg the plants on 18/6 or constant light, the bigger the plant and yield after flower. Going 12/12 early slashes yield.

hi there spaventa i have 4 different strains 1 of them is a great yielder the three blue kings the lowest yielder is barbara bud so i am thinking its my phenos.if i had 4 x 3 blue kings in the tent it would be a nice yield.but the barbara bud looks nice in here own way.but i need yielders to cover the cost of my leccy. thanks for the info...Peace Rab

Latest posts

Latest posts