What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's '06 Garden and Tilted Outdoor SCROG

Hey Butte ....where have u gone haha this thread just kinda stopp'd....i love the idea...how did the rocky mountain turn out, potency and yield? but very well done man looks like ull have an excellent winter :joint: ....give us some more feedback man

Jerry :joint:

Butte

Veteran
For some reason, the pic's above of the TSCROG are the last ones I can find :(

Overall, the technique yielded ~40 oz; not as good as I would have expected, but nothing to scoff at. I was able to put some plastic over the frame to let that strain finish a little later and that was a plus. I still think the plant 'knew' that the top nugs in the frame were higher up on the plant than the lower part of the screen and subsequently put more energy into those top nugs. Remember that the original intent was to get even buddage with no shadows. Harvesting was a major PITA as I had to cut out each cola and extract it from the screen before I could take it in for a trim. This made for a lot of trips out to the patch.

Overall, I think the outdoor SCROG has potential primarily if you have limited space (either height or “running room”) and a lot of free time for training, pruning, and trimming. Next year is strictly going to be in the ground with cylinders made of horse fence to hold the plants up and apart.

Thanks everyone for coming along on this amazing journey...now it’s time to start in on next year!

Hey Butte meh haha thats fine i suppose it speaks for itself....excellent work though man...im thinking of trying this out this summer got plenty of places where i could pull it off...
just sounds like allllot of work....haha excellent rewards though obiviosouly...well keep us up to date wit ur future project...peace

Jerry :joint:

N

Neptune

Just caught your thread...

I am interested in your Medium, and espicially your friend's Medium for growth?
The pictures of the square boxed perimeter plants, what was he growing in? Native soil?

Awesome grow log, thank you for sharing!

Butte

Veteran
Hey there

My friend is growing in native soil, although I should mention that it is really good for native soil. He lives in a river valley that has had some great material laid down over the last millennia. To that he added cow poop from the local dairy. I question if there are hormones left in that poop, but he doesn’t seem to mind all that much. Perhaps that’s his secret?!?

I filled my containers with a mix of Happy Frog and Ocean Forest, some worm castings, and lots of perlite. The containers also got some Dr Earth, some greensand, and a few bags of chicken poop and steer manure. This year they’ll be going in the ground, though.

Thanks for coming along for the ride - Butte

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Butte said:
Overall, I think the outdoor SCROG has potential primarily if you have limited space (either height or “running room”) and a lot of free time for training, pruning, and trimming. Next year is strictly going to be in the ground with cylinders made of horse fence to hold the plants up and apart.

Yeah, I've always planned to try using SCROG in a greenhouse if I get my Medical card one of these days. Pretty cool looking grow though! 40 oz would keep me stoned for a few years!

Jnicks

wow, amazing and inspiring grow butte

i think we can all learn a thing or two from it

ever figure out what the problem w/ ur water was for sure??

G

bump. Yea, did you ever figure out the water issue? I really want to grow now.

Butte

Veteran
Hey there

I believe it is/ was a combo of high iron and high manganese causing a nutrient lockout. There is also a lot of dissolved solids in my water. Right now I’m looking at ozone systems for my 1500 gallon holding tank that will “flocculate” out much of the bad stuff so it can be filtered out.

Ozone also has some other benefits to the plants themselves, some claiming 20-30% increase in growth. This combined with a pH neutralizer and putting them in the ground should, hopefully, do the trick. We’ll see.

Stay tuned for this years grow-show as much has been happening around here in preparation!

Jon

Bump. I hope you see this, I tried PMing but I'm still a n00b.

Do you happen to remember when your Urple finished? And how much did it yield?

Latest posts

Latest posts