What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Cannabis College Opens in Detroit!

N

noone4u

Them as in detroit.

Them as in oakland.

Them as in etc.

I guess I'm the only one who recognizes that some of the poorest cities in the US are turning to pot sales as a way to save themselves.

I could care less how poor they are as long as they legalize!

cateros

Personally I am for full legalization of pot and the return of prohibition of alcohol IMO that shit never should have ever become legal but because of the criminals like Al Capone, Lucky Luciano etc etc and there level of violence the govt had no choice but to re-legalize it. And what I find the funniest is more often then not when a small time grower producing say 1-2lbs per harvest when they get caught are usually like "Damn you got me " and most will give up there stash right away to the police for 1 to make it easier on themselves and we also know they will rip the house apart until they are sure they have found everything. And 2 We realize what we are doing is illegal presently and from the get go we understand that if we get caught its our own fault so Lets just make it easier and less troublesome for everyone.
The final thing that makes me rather angry is how whenever they bust a Commercial grow op they always report how they seized guns most of which were loaded. But I have never seen any reports of a Cannabis grow being busted and turning into a fire fight. From my experience most of the big grows where they have guns on hand its more for protection against being robbed by gangs or other members of organized crime . I would say however the massive grows that are being run by big time criminals are a different story but all of the points I have made would become moot if it was legalized as once it becomes a regulated consumer product like alcohol there is no longer a market to make it worthwhile to produce other then in small amounts for personal use or in massive industrial operations like a cigarette company . One day the govt will understand they can never win there war against Cannabis and will also understand that by legalizing and regulating it the tax income as well as no longer wasting money on this futile war against it.

nomaad

Veteran
One day the govt will understand they can never win there war against Cannabis and will also understand that by legalizing and regulating it the tax income as well as no longer wasting money on this futile war against it.

they are wasting YOUR money by giving it to their fiends the drug warriors. why would they stop?

supporting the prohibition of alcohol is hypocritical. what's next? sugar? tobacco? dairy? gimme a break. prohibition is nonsense.

I certainly wish people would drink less... its not only bad for their health but it makes people into assholes. even my good friends are annoying when under the influence of alcohol... but prohibition? come on.

xcrispi

Sweet find Skip
Sad thing is - ppl. could buy a computer , a yrs wortha net service and read the dog living hell outa I/C Mag and be wiser than these ppl. after one of these 475.00 classes , and do it for less .

Other posters about right as far as price in the area . Unless someones showing you some true love . It's rough growing large scale here in the jungle / warzone though . Known of commercail grows that folks have driven cars through or blown holes through cinderblock walls to get inside and gank / rip grows . Scares off any ideas I've had of a coop grow here .

Crispi

C

csedge

Detroit isn't the worst city to grow in, trust that. u just gotta be in the right part detroits a HUGE city

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Michigan was always quite liberal about MJ in the 70's... Most peoples' parents were smoking, then. It was almost legal with the Ann Arbor 50$ ticket.....

There;'s Detroit, and there;s the surrounding area. They are not the same. duh.

Settle down no-maad.... Sheesh...! Enuf already of the 707 objectionable vibe, you're getting on every single person posting here..... I know personally, how hard it is in NorCal to do, but try to learn some manners.

Sgt.Pepper

Dude... you sound like you're in marketing for Omni Consumer Products... next, you're going to try and sell me the Ed-209 to handle my security needs.

thanks for the confirmation on the local price...

:laughing: You've lost me here. I was merely stating the fact that Detroit isn't a safe place to grow on a big scale.

But hey, mabey I missed my calling in life. Guess I shoulda been a used car salesman LOL.

Sgt.Pepper

Detroit isn't the worst city to grow in, trust that. u just gotta be in the right part detroits a HUGE city

I agree. Every big city is probably similar. I used to live in the Vernor/Springwells area but moved to the burbs to raise my kids.

nomaad

Veteran
:laughing: You've lost me here. I was merely stating the fact that Detroit isn't a safe place to grow on a big scale.

But hey, mabey I missed my calling in life. Guess I shoulda been a used car salesman LOL.

That's why it would be easy to sell me one of these for secutiry... I'm just making jokes. Its not that aften that one gets to make Robocop jokes. The films are set in a post-crash (like right now) detroit where an mega-corporation is milking the broke city for its last few bucks. Nothing I have said in this thread should be taken seriously.

ED209.jpg

ED-209

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<!-- start content -->

The Enforcement Droid Series 209 (or ED-209) is a fictional character featured as one of the design and special effect highlights of the 1987 movie RoboCop, and its two sequels. ED-209 serves as a heavily-armed obstacle and foil to RoboCop’s title character and others throughout the series, as well as a source of comic relief due to its tendency to malfunction and lack of intelligence. It is an often referred to, and lampooned, fixture of American popular culture. [By geeks.]

ED-209 is primarily featured in the first film, where it appears three times. The 209 series was an attempt to create a series of law enforcement robots, the brain child of the movie’s main villain, OCP [Omni Consumer Products] Senior President Dick Jones. During its unveiling to the OCP board, it malfunctions and brutally kills an OCP executive, Kinney, even though he had complied with the robot’s orders to “surrender” and put down his gun (Why this demonstration model is loaded with live ammunition on this occasion is unexplained, and could simply be a plot device). Because of this disastrous malfunction, the RoboCop program is given the green light.

kweb1989

i am glad we are breaking the barriers more and more, yet... i think it would take a long time for michigan and especially detroit to recover its economy from all its losses.... but this having a college, this will actually help...

pip313

I'm 2 blocks from detroit I wouldn't grow there If you paid me. my cousin died for not letting some black guy fuck his girl- no joke that's why i'm so racist I lived in detroit for the first 13 years of my life and never have I had 1 non white in detroit treat me with respect. Say what you want about me but that's how it is around here if your black stay in the D if your white stay out. the next city over Livonia is under FBI investigation into racism for the disproportionate amount of blacks arrested when livonia is in the top 3 city's in the country as far as being mostly white. BTW. detroit is one of the blackest city's and Dearborn Is the most arabic city outside the middle east. these city's are within 10 miles of each other. We are probibly the most segregated area in the country.

If you live in the area and you doubt me buy a police scanner tune into the redford/livonia channel (they share) listen for "B.I.L" black in livonia, I thought it was bull when my friend told me but shure enough before the first blunt was over I heard It clear as day, the cop had him pulled over at middlebelt and 96.

johnnyla

Veteran
cannabis college? why don't you just buy Ed Rosenthal's Grow Book, and read ICmag?

you guys realize that during the gold rush the people who made the most money were the ones who sold supplies and gear to the gold prospectors?

and 100-200 for Med Grade in Mishitgan?

you guys must have some real Ghandis in Detroit growing cannabis for that cheap.

Coca Cola only costs about .02 per 32 ounce cup you pay over $2 for at McDonald's.

Why can't you get Coca Cola for cost?

pedrodepaco

I too think people have no idea of detroit. Its a whole different game. The only city i have been to that has anything on the D is East St. Louis. We have a saying here in michigan. In Detroit never leave your house without a gun even if your getting your hair done picking up your daughter or droppin off your son. In the 90's LA was bad since the auto industry left michigan Detroit has become the worst of the worst. I dont care where you are from or what color you are if you dont belong on the east side you wont be hanging out there. You probably shouldnt drive through. Setting up a grow is out of the question unless you get prior approval from the gangs, Wich the wont give you because the gangsta types of detroit have been growing Detroit purple kush for years the will be supplying the med industry trust me. Detroit gangbangers know money when they see it. Also Prices in my area of michigan run 300-500 a zip for dro and 1400 a pound for mids on average.

RustyShackelfor

serious note: you are racists, per capita cincinnati has had more homicide than detroit's good years in the nineties, furthermore we were just identified as having the most dangerous neighborhood in the nation(which i happen to be a happy resident), the point being we are not walking a way with absurd claims and racist ideals ( dude it prolly wasnt as much his girl as he thought at that point .. really cause he wouldnt let him.. really??? cant walk outside in detriot with out a gun couldnt do that it just wouldnt be safe. all that is is the fact that white people me being one of them, have for the most part contracted through "whiteguilt" the "i.fear.all.black.people.syndrome". is that a contributing factor into why you would pay up to 500 dollars for a zip? must be that prior permission from the gang members they had to pay for right? anyone who has ever set up a show knows that the first rule in security stealth , you guys planning on walking 6ft trees in to the grow op for flowering? a proper grow would never alert anyone esp. gang members to the pressence of your opperation lets grow up and stop watching diehard

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
serious note: you are racists, per capita cincinnati has had more homicide than detroit's good years in the nineties, furthermore we were just identified as having the most dangerous neighborhood in the nation(which i happen to be a happy resident), the point being we are not walking a way with absurd claims and racist ideals ( dude it prolly wasnt as much his girl as he thought at that point .. really cause he wouldnt let him.. really??? cant walk outside in detriot with out a gun couldnt do that it just wouldnt be safe. all that is is the fact that white people me being one of them, have for the most part contracted through "whiteguilt" the "i.fear.all.black.people.syndrome". is that a contributing factor into why you would pay up to 500 dollars for a zip? must be that prior permission from the gang members they had to pay for right? anyone who has ever set up a show knows that the first rule in security stealth , you guys planning on walking 6ft trees in to the grow op for flowering? a proper grow would never alert anyone esp. gang members to the pressence of your opperation lets grow up and stop watching diehard

Thank you.

I dont care were your at. Shut the hell up and grow. Stop trying to floss, and show off. If you keep your grow to yourself. How the hell is and gang gonna know shit. Organized gangs in Detroit. I call bluff. To have organized gangs you gotta have trust and loyalty. And that shit went out in the 80's. Now Theres probably a few out there still very organized, but far in inbetween. But the way you talking. :noway:

Im sorry to bust your bubble. but a street gang, is not and organized gang. They just neighborhood cats trying to make a $. Mostly on some ignorant shit.

And what exactly is Dro? Thats probably why your paying 500oz.

Now weed college, these are the organized gangs, cause they are the ones raping folks. Come on its for a good cause. Not to get wealthy. should hand out icmag flyers to everyone entering.

pedrodepaco

Come and see if you dont believe me. most parts of the city are burnt. You can buy a 200000 building for like 10 grand. Its not racist bullshit a white guy will be robbed in parts of detroit. Detroit is a dieing city. The detroit lions old stadium just sold for 500000. Why because no one else wanted it. Dro is a generic term for all high end weed in my area. Weed not grown in a 3rd world country. All I can say is see for your self. Anyone who has been to detroit has allready seen. My wifes best friend is black and from detroit. Her husband is white when they go back to her old niegborhood he cant even get out of the car when they go to the store. He says redlights are scary too.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Detroit is all that.... Institutionalized Racism is so ingrained, it is not even considered as such. People usually DO NOT MIX. It is sad. When I go to visit, I can keenly feel it...

ALSO, I see all over the web about Michigan people falling all over each other to Capitalize on the 'new movement.'

Don;t be fooled. Michigan is going through all the growing pains that CA did regarding MMJ. Exactly the same. Many of the responses (Such as 100/z MMJ) are ridiculous to the nth power...

Amazing to me how the state with the hardest Economic scene has proponents PANDERING while they wish NO PROFIT of any sort for growers...

You folks don't know the risks yet.... The potential downfalls, the UP-FRONT money capitalization, thieves, Capricious Law Enforcement, big-mouth neighbors, and an uncertain market all dictate that MMJ is not gonna ever be TOO CHEAP, and it should not be..!!! Only non-growers advocate these prices..!! LOL

A grower may put out 6K or more for rent of a space, and the power to grow a run... Why should he/she gie the pot away..!!!! He/She put out the money before the stuff was even finished, and had all the afore-mentioned risks....! Then he/she has to get it to the people - more risk!!!

Wake up Michiganders....!! It ain;t gonna be free.>!!!!!!