What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Minimum PPM Level of Starting Water

darqeds

Hi, i did search but there is no information about that. I bought RO system and its about at 12 ppm as pure water.

Is there any evidence about ideal unfertilized/starting water ppm level?

Note: I had a few grow with 70 ppm water and had no sign any deficiency like cal/mag.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
(50 to 250) ppm, different strains like different ppm. RO has to be stabilized with cal mag or dolomite lime.

asher1er

Veteran
Probably no info because you can start with 0 if you’d like... just need to make sure whatever nutrients you use will make up for the lack for minerals and such..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Many like to take their RO to ec0.4 with calcium and magnesium. Lots of feeds expect something like that so are balanced accordingly

Fixer

For what we're doing there's not much difference between 0 and 12. By the time you add silica, mg/cal and whatever cocktail of nutrients you decide on a few ppm are going to be a really small percentage of what's in the water. So it won't matter. I look at filtering the water as a way to insure you're mixing the same formula every time.

Latest posts

Latest posts