What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi Kandahar Black landrace

acespicoli

Im playing with some affie S1 this would work well into the line :thinking:
Has this line thrown 13 fingers ? Anyone heard from Bodhi on IC lately ?
1677466871506.png

Photo by

rindindoo

What do you remember about the effects and terpene profile on this one ?

Last edited:

Dr.Mantis

I’ve got two Kandahar Maruf black from Tonygreens going through flower again. The mothers were flowered in solo cups in crap conditions.

Pheno 1 - green with small calyxes, and a sour earthy type smell.
Pheno 2 - very dark almost black flowers and fan leaves in late flower. Bigger buds, also had a similar smell, with a hint of something “meaty” in the background.

EF2E02A3-B3F7-4693-B695-0F3660D4E2F3.jpeg
The two ladies flowering in deli cups. The squatter one is the green pheno.

Smoke report ( of non ideal flower). Smoke is very smooth and kind of spicy. Not a heady high at all. Kind of forgot I smoked at at all, except definite munchies and some mild sedation. Really quite nice. It’s pleasant to smoke something that doesn’t launch your head to mars every now and then. I’m very anxious to try the properly grown flower.

sdoyle

I’ve got two Kandahar Maruf black from Tonygreens going through flower again. The mothers were flowered in solo cups in crap conditions.

Pheno 1 - green with small calyxes, and a sour earthy type smell.
Pheno 2 - very dark almost black flowers and fan leaves in late flower. Bigger buds, also had a similar smell, with a hint of something “meaty” in the background.

View attachment 18841060
The two ladies flowering in deli cups. The squatter one is the green pheno.

Smoke report ( of non ideal flower). Smoke is very smooth and kind of spicy. Not a heady high at all. Kind of forgot I smoked at at all, except definite munchies and some mild sedation. Really quite nice. It’s pleasant to smoke something that doesn’t launch your head to mars every now and then. I’m very anxious to try the properly grown flower.
Arghandab Black around 5 weeks from germination.
DF2C575A-43EB-40DD-BC1F-06BB61390382.jpeg

rindindoo

Hello everyone who follows the topic and thank you for your interest!
I updated the Battle of Kandahar topic with the smoke report. I will copy here the shameful report about Kandahar Black from Bodhi and if you are interested in more you can follow the link

Kandahar Bodhi
Due to the rectangular structure of the box, the plants that were in the far corners (Bodhi #2&3) were respectively farther from the light source and they did not have enough energy to form normal buds (they turned out to be loose), although the structure of Kandahar Bodhi already has a different, not familiar bud structure for Afghan lines, more like tropical plants. Earlier, comrade TheDarkStorm shared personal observations of similar phenotypes in Afghanistan, and there are also channels on Instagram that publish many photos from local cannabis cultivation fields where you can observe the diversity of Afghan landraces. Cannabis needs to have different phenotypes in the population in order to survive extreme conditions of drought/humidity, cold (flavonoid production), etc. Kandahar Bodhi is mold free and this line has good resistance to cool and wet weather.
This Kandahar colored beautifully towards the end of flowering, it bloomed the longest - 73 days 12/12 + low temperatures did their job, so even the mother from the original seeds did not color.
I also noticed an interesting difference between the resin of the SP line and Bodhi. Resin in SP is sticky and smearing, while in Bodhi it is dry, it remains grains like sand on the fingers.
But I have to tell you a shameful secret :) I shyly lower my eyes to the floor, brothers, how should I put it... I haven't smoked Bodhi weeds yet. And here's the thing. At some stage of flowering, I cut off unpromising branches on which small but already resinous inflorescences had time to form. At that time, apart from auto Zamaldelica (Ace seeds), I didn’t have anything for evening smoking and I tried to smoke Kandahar Bodhi, after smoking my mood deteriorates, anxiety comes, the internal dialogue comes down to self-flagellation and the main thought is “why was it necessary to smoke? ". There was a case when I had to put out a joint after a couple of puffs, and although the action was very weak, but with the same side effects. That's it. Perhaps after a long cure, something has changed and it will be a miracle! but I can’t tune in to the tasting, there are a lot of things to do now and I don’t want to spoil the mood.
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Dr.Mantis

I have a pack of these seeds too. Not sure when they'll make it into the greenhouse?
Peace farmerlion
Beautiful plants!

Funny timing too, I just finished my clones of two Maruf Black from Tonygreens seeds. This time I let them go for about 14 weeks, because the just kept throwing new pistils. When I grew the moms, one pheno was green and the other was purple. Well, turns out the green pheno was actually purple, and just needed more time, while the purple pheno was more black. I probably ran them a bit too long, but I’m looking for sleepy hash, so nbd to me.
E80D1A49-D111-45C6-A5CA-2D1457388D1B.jpeg
Black pheno. Irl the buds and leaves are very black, most color saturated bud I’ve ever grown.
16D4FF65-C973-4C1C-A694-E84C5D47AD4B.jpeg
Green pheno, actually purple!

rindindoo

Hello! I come to you with great news! I’ve been tasting Kandahar from Bodhi for about three weeks now, oh yes, after curing there was not a trace left of the anxious state that it caused when unripe.
When I smoked it for the first time, after lying in the box for a long time, the effect began with a petrification of the head, but on the third day of smoking there was no such vivid feeling in the head. In principle, in terms of character and general features, the effect is the same as that of Kandahar SP and their cross, but Bodhi is more driving than SP. The first 40-60 minutes are a wonderful high, with serious philosophical reasoning, without the effect of a couch, but after ~ one hour a wave of relaxation rolls in and an appetite comes. Before writing a smoke report, I decided to smoke a joint with Kandahar Bodhi, the moment I smoked and the first wave of feeling of serenity and satisfaction washed over me, I remembered my sacred duty to write a review about the smoke of this Kandahar! I smoked in the attic, with a beautiful view of the vegetable garden and an overgrown meadow, the keyboard keys were pounding in my head, knocking out word by word a detailed analysis of the test subjects’ feelings from this wonderful combination of cannabinoids. I froze... When I found myself flying in the clouds of thoughts, I still pulled myself together and went down the stairs at a slow speed, and so I sat down, typing at the same pace as my slow netbook, slowly, with drops from reality: ) Yes, great weed, I was probably in a hurry to share my premature impression, but this was the reason for the delay in the report on the smoke. Now I'm wondering how unbiased I am in my comparisons? If I didn’t know that these three plants are named Kandahar, would I be able to find something in common in them?

Last edited:

rindindoo

I`m in Massachusetts, 42.2180724 latitude. It started blooming the first week of August.
thanks for the answer. I just looked at the dawn-sunset calendar in Massachusetts and the day length on August 10th is 14:09 hours. it is very interesting! I have another Kandahar line, which also blooms earlier than the usual 12/12 light schedule. and Kandahar from Bodhi blooms exactly on the 14th day of 12/12. Thanks again for the info.

sdoyle

thanks for the answer. I just looked at the dawn-sunset calendar in Massachusetts and the day length on August 10th is 14:09 hours. it is very interesting! I have another Kandahar line, which also blooms earlier than the usual 12/12 light schedule. and Kandahar from Bodhi blooms exactly on the 14th day of 12/12. Thanks again for the info.
I have a Pinkleberry that started blooming in July and was finished 2 weeks ago. The fastest photo I have ever grown.

RobFromTX

Im a sativa head but ive got some 88 G13-HP x kandahar black beans to grow out for the wife later this year. I sure hope they turn out as pretty as the plants you guys have posted. Im not a big indica fan but they sure make some beautiful buds

Latest posts

Latest posts