What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOUR DUBBLE INFO THREAD

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=107419

It's time to continue where Greyskull left off with this gem.. Here is what I have gleaned about this Cultivar thus far..

From GREYSKULL
some small edits indicated with(e)
The true sour dubble clone was found in a small handful (4) of seeds received from BOG at an outdoor festival in northern California a few years ago(2008) at the time my friend(who was this?) was given the seeds he was told its "sourdiesel x sourbubble(never released to the public(e) and its the best pot you will ever smoke". two of the seeds were sown. The plant kept is one of the best tasting Cultivars you will find(e).
there was a thread that made me consider the possibility of the seeds being part of a joint project w rez: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...&highlight=rez
it is in this thread (post #33) where bog mentions the name 'double sour"

From Subrob

the sour dubble was a seed run from...well..i dunno...a friend here in cali got the seeds from bog....started growing it...the cut that was kept and we all grew we named sour dubble...i guess someone had said bog was leaning towards the name double sour...but we ran w sour dubble for the s d initials....kinda a play on words w San Diego...i was actually leaning towards double sour, but got voted down..Hit up greyskull for info..he is the one talking to bog about it...also, im not sure they ever figured out for sure if it was ecsd clone or rez' ibl.....it fuckin rocks...that's fer sure...

Here are some pics to get the ball rolling. I have been running this cut for over a year now. I don't see her going anywhere. I have reversed her I do have some s1, SFV x Sdubb, KQR x SDubb, Rosetta Stone x Sdubb, gg#4 s1 x Sdubb. I will make some GG#4 x Sdubb later. My cut has the recessive verigation trait. I can fix this with foliar feedings with revive+Mag. Many Cultivars have the trait. I have been taking cuts from parts of the plants that show this the least. This is very difficult to stabilize. Some cuts show very little while others show alot. Has no effect on quality or yield.. She is a low yielder. The bottom should be pruned off for best results. That's about it for now. I do have some s1's in veg will post info on those when ready.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Bout time for a legit dubb thread... let me add some info... when she first came around im pretty certain the clone we all know as sourdub was called cash....
From what i know of her she is low yielder of some of the best smoke ever...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's probably something used in your area. Its always been called Sour Dubble/SDubb around these parts. Have you grown her Stoney? Greyskull is who found her. I posted his thoughts on her in the 1st post.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HELL YA!
Bog was absolutely right when he told skulls' bro it will be some of the best pot he ever smokes...
INSANE taste and smell...overwhelming and spectacular are two words that come to mind!
I do believe the dud issue derailed pollen chucking for some...whatever the issue was it scared a lot of growers off...but there are enough copies around that don't show it ...
Dude in Colorado reversed her and hooked up me and skull w packs of ...shit...20 or so diff poly hybrids...I'm sure I will get some of them to greyskull soon...ha
Got a couple the white x sourdubb getting ready to flower now...
Looking fwd to seeing info and crosses consolidated in new thread!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wounder what happened to the rest of the seeds BOG made.

It took me awhile to get pollen for the sdubb. 3x a charm as they say. If I had not used a pollen box I still wouldn't have pollen from the sdubb. I couldn't get her to drop pollen like a normal male plant would.

Last edited:

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wounder what happened to the rest of the seeds BOG made.

I spoke to GS about the s1.. It took me awhile to get pollen for the sdubb. 3x a charm as they say. If I had not used a pollen box I still wouldn't have pollen from the sdubb. I couldn't get her to drop pollen like a normal male plant would.

This surely contributes to the lack of breeding with her too.

Bog, remake the sour dub! Get those beans to the masses.

Q

quokka

Can someone please describe the smells and flavours of Sour Dubble that everyone drools about?

Thanks. :thank you:

Cmobile9

I have a cross of this sdub it is definitely for a seasoned toker. I believe that this is some green out type of herb..
what is the best flowering times, trich color pulled for best output. (Cloudy.clear, mostly cloudy, cloudy. Amber, or mostly amber? )

JusticeFrog

It's been a few years since I grew her...like 6 years...but from what I remember she was the best I had ever had at that point. I would still put it in my top 3! The smell and flavor is quite complex and hard to nail down but here goes...smell: sweet deisel, earthy, lime, menthol/pine(?)...flavor: like smoking mountain dew with a bit of earthy funk. Loved her and wish I could get her back. Maybe someday I will find her again.

Latest posts

Latest posts