What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2009..my date with Density..

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mossy

Cheers pimp_grow!..
I like to keep things Simple..just like ME...
If you have any top tips..feel free to post them here m8.

(and it saves me replying to all the mails individually if I pop it in the thread..)
more time to spend with the girls.

M

mossy

On the other hand..
you could always try..
using old compost..
with bodies still strewn in it..
give it no water..in the middle of a heat wave..
use the pot as an ash tray..
and just let it get on with it..:yoinks:

but I cannot see that working..can you..
picture.php

ha ha..hearts like lions.

M

mossy

no lowrdr..
they are all the same..I was just trying to show that we probably do more damage by the way we handle them...
when they are more than happy to germ straight to soil.

It is 1 of the hybrid ALF#3..but there is a WR doing the same in a pot behind it.

When I take the girls down I leave the pot to dry out before I attempt to carry it downstairs.
(and I tend to use them as ash-trays. :noway:)

Both of the seeds must have dropped direct into the old soil from the mothers which were seeded...
and they have just looked after themselves.

Not touched by human hand..not even watered..and they are both in cracking condition.

makes you think..

Cracking AF girl you are making.
Nice contrast on that leaf v's tric colouring..
I love good looking girls..
I am looking forward to the smoke report on her..:joint:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man this thread did explode... Made it to this page but I'm due for waking up in just a few hours.... Very interesting conversations going on... DC is quite a beauty, isn't she... That stem showed how enthusiastic she is, not to mention that crown... Thats why we're using DC to pollinate the gardens this year... :)

Great budshots guys! I like... :)

Stamenant Deep chunk

picture.php

picture.php

pistilate Deep Chunk--look at that smile :)

picture.php

Not sure what plant this was on, but it was an interesting root formation... Branching roots like corn... :eek:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

((Erocket x Danish Passion) x deep chunk)x ((B3 x N7) x erdpurt) Framework up to my fingertips... :)

picture.php

picture.php

Royal Dane early flowerer due to extreme difference in photoperiod after planting... This is the most shaded plot...

picture.php

Couple more misc sexy views... :)

picture.php

picture.php

Intersex plants from the shaded plot--cant leave without showing... :) They were likely caused from stress due to flowering early and trying to revegetate only to have to switch back to flower right away... Guess I got too tired to read and post... I'll clean up with reading the last page tomorrow, guys... :)

picture.php

picture.php

lowrdr

those are some chunky ass stems on those plants!

think the 4th pic down is the plant trying to have a baby without permission lol. seen it happen on lots of plants although didnt think weed could do it

M

mossy

SmokeyTheBear

Plain compo without any additives...normally the cheapest of the lot.
Even grow bags..the ones that are used for growing tomatoes in..that will do as long as it has no added ferts.
It will be cheaper than your MG.

Give me a quick run down of your conditions and How you intend to grow..and I will try to pull it right down for you.
Get you the best for your money.

Back shortly guys..

M

mossy

think the 4th pic down is the plant trying to have a baby without permission lol. seen it happen on lots of plants although didnt think weed could do it
Yeh..I have seen the AF's do it too..just the roots forming on the exposed stems. Tomatoes are what I have seen it on most.

man this thread did explode
Yeah..by about the same extent that your grow has pipe..
congratulations man..you have some great girls...
I'm still on catch up with your thread too..same problem.

Asking 1 favour m8 before I start yapping..
the DC I see in the photo appears to have a 9 fingered leaf..check to see if you have any with 11..if you do..a photo would be Much Appreciated.

The DC/ALF non-af have stepped up to an 11 finger..with an odd little quirk on the smallest two.
Just wondering if it is a followable trait..or if it is common to DC.

If you notice any other 11 fingered ones in the grow..let me know parentage.
I THINK I am in a Kush heavy genetic line and it would help my selections to be able to confirm.

Ha ha..not only do I see the smile on the DC..I recognise it.
First photo in..I see the narrow start at the bottom..then the giant step up
a few internodes up where the stem woofs..
Hollow stems I assume..same as mine..?

Royal Dane early flowerer due to extreme difference in photoperiod after planting
ha ha..love that girl showing off her wares..
I like to see good bud when all around are still in the early veg stage.

Do you think she will go full term or will you be taking her off early..?
Handy trick to learn in times when bud is in short supply.

Are you running on mainly new plots this year because there is nothing there I recognise.
Judging by the size of the girls I'm thinking they are in better plots...or you have done some soil adjustment..
Looking good my m8.

Intersex plants
You know how long I have been looking for 1 of them to try that cross mentioned in the Maj Bot book..?
I got one last winter.
Haven't had a chance to test it yet.
I need a patch where I have nothing else on the patio.
Might see if my m8 can do it for me.
Have you ever grown 1 through..?

C

cyber echo

btw mossy ur gonna hit that AF jem on the left with pollen from an AF male jem right ?

M

mossy

Damn cyber echo..
too late..it is an old photo..just to show BM the White Widow non LR AF..

BUT..
you will be pleased to know that it is a photo to remind me what I used for the first JEM out-crosses.

The matching male JEM was used to pollenate the White Widow pheno..
(in the middle)..
then crossed with White Russian..
to make the Purple Heart cross.

and the same genetic male was used to hit the one on the right..
which is JLP's beautiful Mississippi Mud..(Jamaican Jam x G13)
to make the Whore cross.

You will notice that the JEM fore-runner is larger than the hybrids..
this is because I was asked to bring it in at 12 inches by hybrid.
I got them to around 14 inches..nigh enough.

but..yes..they are the pheno behind the current JEMS.

picture.php

MMud and the JEM

C

cyber echo

om nom nom 8)~~~~~
I'd love to grow the JEMs someday.
I like AFs and always wanted purple bud, so JEMs seem the perfect combination for me :p

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To tell ya the truth I think I may have very well counted 11 on a DC and DC hybrids before... They really make dinner plate leaves... I will look when I have time.. You have just about all my pictures at your disposal... Gallery and albums... :)

Yup I assume they're hollow stems... Today I ripped a stamenant BOG sour bubble bx3 x sbbx4 that was at least as tall as me... It hurt, but the hurt went away when I looked over and saw a wall of females ready to expand... Same old plots... One new one called turtle plot where I found a turtle shell back all bleached out from weathering is where the tallest female is... I feel so fortunate... The holy spirit surrounds us... Thou shalt not fear... :)

For fertilization I decided to use that turtle shell for everything... One turtle shell full of Plant tone (5-5-3) per hole... Perfection I tell you... Obvioiusly perfection... I feel so blessed... :)

I've never grown an intersex plant through before, these are my first actually... It is very very nice having some flower herb to smoke... Much nicer than leaves... The smell and flavor alone make it worthwhile... I plan on pulling the royal dane a litle early... Probably either when the guano is applied or when DC pollen is brought in for pollination. Not to curious of the intersex plants myself.. I do not want them to have any chance to make it into my good seed... I like to remain in control of pollination as well.. although it would be interesting to watch them grow...

Have a few photos to sort.. I'll be back later to chat a bit...

M

mossy

Not to curious of the intersex plants myself..
ha ha..you know me..I Have to know the far end of a fart..
It isn't good enough to know it does it..
I have to know WHY...How..and What it is getting out of it..
plant psychiatrist.
Just step up onto the patio table little lady..uncle Mossy wants to find out what makes you tick...aaiiee..:yoinks:

I do not want them to have any chance to make it into my good seed
Yup..that is why I was thinking about growing it on the off season..when there is nothing else on the patio
BUT..If I get my m8 to grow a pot full..even better.
He is only interested in the bud..and I will get to watch.

M

mossy

I like AFs and always wanted purple bud, so JEMs seem the perfect combination for me

Expertsetup described them as the holy grail of colour..and they honestly are.
Breeders plant..because she gives you access to so many colour/tric change clickers.

Most people see only a few colours because the dominants show up easiest
but I would estimate..
that there are around 6 isolateable purples..2 reds and 2 whites within easy reach on them.

If you are a good roller..there is also blue..a black..a black leaf with metalic gold overtones..and a metalic line which turns the black/purple to colours of a shimmering oil slick and turns the red to twinkling tinsel colours that flash in the light.

I have had them all out on the Non-AF's but never had the time to persue on AF.
If I had time..I think the JEM could turn into a life-times work..and I'd never get bored with them..
but..I never have the time..or the space.

M

mossy

Have a look at this purple..
Fantasy girl..off the whore cross above. (JEM X MMud)

I have only had it in non-af up to now..but it is only a matter of time.
picture.php

When I made the cross..I was simply after the extra width/density.
What I didn't realise was..JLP's MMud had the largest most prolific trics I have ever seen..still hasn't been beaten.
Think Large velcro.

I got the cross off in AF for the first time this season..now it is just a question of twiddling to try to get the fantasy pheno.

M

mossy

and this one..
Bad Betty..
part of the JEM line..but probably not available in the AF JEM line up.

She is my little Canna Orchid.

I don't know if you have a plant in the US called Donkeys Ears..
but she reminds me of that..
purple..soft and fluffy.

You could pot her in with the flowers and no one would suspect her true identity..
hidden in full view..
master of disguise.

Work in progress..

picture.php

M

mossy

picture.php

JEM pretty standard purple..

and JEM purple with self-coloured trics..

picture.php

are you sick of PURPLE yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts