What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ND. Diverse Growing 2017

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello everyone who stops by. I don't know what other growers in ND. are up to but this is what's going on in my part of the world.
This is a list of the genetics I'm running this year. It is sativa dominant with two pure Indica gems.

The seed breeders I used are ( Ace seeds, CannaBioGen, Original Delicatessen and Bohdi Seeds). Many of the genetics are testers in case you don't see them on the Ace website. The genetics quality is fantastic and the service is as good as it gets in the industry. The pictures you see are the plants you get. ( when grown properly)

ANGOLA X KALI CHINA, ZAMALDELICA X KALI CHINA, ORIENT EXPRESS X NEPJAM, ZIPOLITE OAXACAN, ACAPULCO GOLD, DESTROYER, PURPLE MALAWI, PEYOTE PURPLE, PURPLE MEXICAN, GUAWI, GOLDEN TIGER, NEW MALAWI KILLER, PINK HAIR MALAWI X MAPETTIT, LILLY X MAPETTIT, MICHOACAN CREAM, QUEEN MOTHER, CHINA YUNNAN, NEPJAM X KALI CHINA,
All plants are in at least 35 gallon root pouch grow bags. Some are in 45 gallon root pouch grow bags. There is one 40 gallon black plastic grow pot.
The plants are in a greenhouse without a blackout system. There will only be one grow per year. Most growers already know what indoor facilities will provide for production and quality. Greenhouse growing of cannabis has never been done in ND for a large scale operation. This is only a test facility to build upon. Peace :tiphat:

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
ND. Greenhouse growing medical cannabis

ND. Greenhouse growing medical cannabis

First off, Where are the CBD strains? They are being perfected right now in Spain. They will be available to ND. patients next year. These CBD strains are vastly better than what will be offered by the new grow facilities. That have been crippled by our legislators. $100,000 license fee limits ND. patients to the fastest flowering Ruderalis crosses. Yes there will be many Indica offerings as well. That will consist of two or three strains crossed multiple times, then sold as the latest greatest thing to ever be smoked. (It's a lie)

100% organically grown in soil medical cannabis. Beautifully fed with sunshine. You don't need hype to feel better you need quality. :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Some of the ladies

Some of the ladies

Golden Tiger. (KoChang Thai x Malawi).
NepJam x Kali China, (Highland Nepalese, Jamaica 85 x Kali China)
Angola x Kali China, ( Angola red hair x Kali China)
Purple Mexican, ( 79' Oaxacan x Purple Pakistani Chitral Kush). Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
ND Medical cannabis

ND Medical cannabis

China Yunnan Landrace Indica from China.
Acapulco Gold, Enough said.
Zipolite Oaxacan, From the Zipolite Beach area of Oaxaca. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Last pictures for tonight

Last pictures for tonight

Zamaldelica x Kali China, ( Zamal-African sativa x Hmong Thai /x Kali China)
Guawi, Guatemala sativa x Malawi from Africa.
Peyote Purple, Yes it's still green right now. They don't change coloring until mid to late flowering. Destroyer, ( KoChang Thai x Colombian Red).
There are several more plants to share with you. That will have to be another time. I need to check on the girls one more time today. It has been 110 degrees in the greenhouse. They are going through some water as of late. I hope you all have a great rest of the week. Thank you for stopping by to see what one grower in ND is up to. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Packerfan79, Thank you for stopping by. I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the grow. I'm still butt hurt over the Steelers loss in our last Super Bowl loss to the Pack. Looking forward to the rematch. Have a great and safe weekend. Peace

Sforza

Veteran
Whatever you are doing, it is working. Plants look very healthy and vigorous. Care to share a little information about the organic amendments you are using in your soil?

packerfan79

Veteran
Packerfan79, Thank you for stopping by. I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the grow. I'm still butt hurt over the Steelers loss in our last Super Bowl loss to the Pack. Looking forward to the rematch. Have a great and safe weekend. Peace

Lol, I like The variety is nice. Steelers are a good, old fashion smash mouth football team. I like that lol. Definitely a good match up.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Sforza, Not a problem my friend. I keep things very simple so it's hard to screw things up. I used Pro Mix peat moss 35-40%, Natures choice bag soil with worm castings. I bought both these Items at Walmart. The Peat moss was $17.00 a large bag and the Natures Choice was $9.89 for the 56L bag. At Planet Natural in Bozeman Mont.(Great place to shop online). I bought 30# bags of worm castings. 2ea. I mixed in 5 pounds roughly of worm castings with each grow bag. I'm using 35 - 45 gallon (Root Pouch) bags. I also use 1lb. of chicken poop and 2 lbs. of sheep manure per pot.(Walmart, Home Depot, Menards). I have found you lose a little more moisture through the sides of the bags compared to grow tubs. Next season I will put 10#'s of worm castings in to offset additional moisture loss. With a heavy sativa genetics lineup. I don't add extra nitrogen. I let the plants pull what they need out of the castings. I mixed the three soil bases in a large calving tub and then filled the bags until full. I lightly compressed the soil as I filled. When all bags were filled in position inside greenhouse. I covered the top of the soil with more worm castings. This get flushed down into the soil with each watering. I have done two feedings so far. I have used Alaskan Brands fish emulsion called MoreBloom for a few years now. There is only P and K in it no N. With the long flowering sativa's if you use Supplemental fertilizers. It is real easy for your soils to get out of control by the end of flowering. Ph's can climb very quickly. Flowering isn't the time to be flushing your soil. Over watering stresses your plants and slows production. That is compounded by salts, chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, ect. I don't use any of them ever. Back to Planet Natural, I buy Lady Bugs 2,000 for $14.00 They do a great job on aphids and other little pests. I leave every spider I find in the greenhouse unharmed. I bought a cheap Rapitester for checking soil moisture down 6". While watering one plant I have the tester in another. It will read 1-4 1 being dry 4 being wet. I know you only asked for amendments Sforza. This all works hand in hand. At 4 I do nothing, let it use what it has. At 1 & 2 I water and then come back to that plant and give it a little more until it reads 3. I don't try and water them to a 4. I do have some soil mixes that hold water better than others. My two Indica plants are in a 30 to 35% Peat moss compared to the Satinas at 40%. I can't stress enough water quality. Get a pool test kit from Walmart (again) It will give you your Ph, alkalinity, free chlorine, hardness, and two other readings I can't remember off the top of my head. From acidic to alkaline is your Ph reading. Your Ph and your alkalinity of your water are two different animals. It's fairly complex to explain the difference. I suggest you Google it. It will help your future grows immensely. 90% of this is preparation before you germinate your first seeds. Then it becomes simple. Check the soil moisture and water accordingly. I don't feed plants until the 7th to 8th nodes of growth. I feed again when the plants are forming the 12th node of growth. One cup of More Bloom in 5 gallons of water. My flowering will start August 23rd. Natural light cycle. No blackout system in this greenhouse. Indoors I started the flowering earlier. June 7th to 10th. Harvest 1st week of October some strains. End of the month for others. During flowering I use 1/4 cup of More Bloom per 5 gallons with every watering. (for Indica plants.) Sativas 1/8 cup works well.
Sforza, It's not my intension to tell you how to grow. My goal isn't to offend you or anyone else who reads this. I don't claim to know it all and I certainly don't think everybody else is clueless. This works very well. I hope it helps you and others with their growing. Have a great weekend . Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Individual plant update.

Individual plant update.

Nico Farmer and Airidbud, Thank you both for stopping by. Here is pictures of all the plants less the New Malawi Killer and the Purple Malawi Plants.

China Yunnan.
Angola x Kali China.
Lilly x MaPettit.
NepJam x Kali China. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
July 9th

July 9th

Peyote Purple.
Kali China x Malawi.
Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit.
Golden Tiger. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
July 9th

July 9th

Purple Mexican.
Destroyer.
Michoacán Cream.
Queen Mother.
Orient Expree x NepJam.
I hope you have enjoyed the pictures of the girls today. I hope you all have a great week. Peace

Sforza

Veteran
Sforza, Not a problem my friend. I keep things very simple so it's hard to screw things up. I used Pro Mix peat moss 35-40%, Natures choice bag soil with worm castings. I bought both these Items at Walmart. The Peat moss was $17.00 a large bag and the Natures Choice was $9.89 for the 56L bag.

At Planet Natural in Bozeman Mont.(Great place to shop online). I bought 30# bags of worm castings. 2ea. I mixed in 5 pounds roughly of worm castings with each grow bag.

I'm using 35 - 45 gallon (Root Pouch) bags.

I also use 1 lb. of chicken poop and 2 lbs. of sheep manure per pot.(Walmart, Home Depot, Menards). I have found you lose a little more moisture through the sides of the bags compared to grow tubs. Next season I will put 10#'s of worm castings in to offset additional moisture loss. With a heavy sativa genetics lineup. I don't add extra nitrogen. I let the plants pull what they need out of the castings.

I mixed the three soil bases in a large calving tub and then filled the bags until full. I lightly compressed the soil as I filled. When all bags were filled in position inside greenhouse.

I covered the top of the soil with more worm castings. This get flushed down into the soil with each watering.

I have done two feedings so far. I have used Alaskan Brands fish emulsion called MoreBloom for a few years now. There is only P and K in it no N.

With the long flowering sativa's if you use Supplemental fertilizers. It is real easy for your soils to get out of control by the end of flowering. Ph's can climb very quickly.

Flowering isn't the time to be flushing your soil. Over watering stresses your plants and slows production.

That is compounded by salts, chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, ect. I don't use any of them ever.

Back to Planet Natural, I buy Lady Bugs 2,000 for $14.00 They do a great job on aphids and other little pests. I leave every spider I find in the greenhouse unharmed.

I bought a cheap Rapitester for checking soil moisture down 6". While watering one plant I have the tester in another. It will read 1-4 1 being dry 4 being wet. I know you only asked for amendments Sforza. This all works hand in hand. At 4 I do nothing, let it use what it has. At 1 & 2 I water and then come back to that plant and give it a little more until it reads 3. I don't try and water them to a 4.

I do have some soil mixes that hold water better than others. My two Indica plants are in a 30 to 35% Peat moss compared to the Sativas at 40%.

I can't stress enough water quality. Get a pool test kit from Walmart (again) It will give you your pH, alkalinity, free chlorine, hardness, and two other readings I can't remember off the top of my head. From acidic to alkaline is your pH reading. (I was a chemistry major in college, so I don't have to Google it. Acidity and alkalinity are just the range from high to low pH. A liquid that is alkaline has a pH above 7.)

Your pH and your alkalinity of your water are two different animals. It's fairly complex to explain the difference. I suggest you Google it. It will help your future grows immensely.

90% of this is preparation before you germinate your first seeds. Then it becomes simple.

Check the soil moisture and water accordingly. I don't feed plants until the 7th to 8th nodes of growth. I feed again when the plants are forming the 12th node of growth. One cup of More Bloom in 5 gallons of water.

My flowering will start August 23rd. Natural light cycle. No blackout system in this greenhouse. Indoors I started the flowering earlier. June 7th to 10th. Harvest 1st week of October some strains. End of the month for others. During flowering I use 1/4 cup of More Bloom per 5 gallons with every watering. (for Indica plants.) Sativas 1/8 cup works well.

Sforza, It's not my intention to tell you how to grow. My goal isn't to offend you or anyone else who reads this. I don't claim to know it all and I certainly don't think everybody else is clueless. This works very well. I hope it helps you and others with their growing.

Have a great weekend .

Peace

I appreciate the extra details, Mr. Farmer Lion. Thanks for taking the time and energy to explain your system. It will not only help me, but many others who read this thread in the future. I hope you have a great harvest this season.

Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Sforza

Veteran
I looked up Alaska MorBloom because I have used the Alaska Fish 5-1-1 for many years and I was wondering how a fertilizer could have high phosphorus and high potassium yet little to no nitrogen and still be made from fish. Fish are mostly protein and that is where the nitrogen comes from.

I found this:

Derived from Atlantic fish, phosphoric acid and potash, Alaska MorBloom stimulates exceptional budding and blooming on all flowering plants. Brightens colors in flowers and foliage and promotes vigorous root growth, too!

At https://www.planetnatural.com/product/alaska-morbloom/

Also, looking it up on Amazon, in the answers to questions section, I found this:

Alaska Morbloom may produce terrific results in flower but is definitely not an organic fertilizer. Along with fish emulsion, it's derived from phosphoric acid and muriate of potash. This information should be readily available in the product description as too many people are intentionally mislead. With large company's today it's either OMRI certified, or it's not "Organic". see less
By Organic Gardener on January 28, 2017

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YI4ZTS/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

So it may well work, as many fertilizers made of salts do, but it is not organic.

Potassium in Fertilisers

Fertilisers containing potassium must be applied wherever soil potassium reserves are inadequate for targeted crop or pasture production. Potassium can be applied as a straight fertiliser, or as part of a blended or compound fertiliser with nitrogen and phosphorous.

There are four common kinds of straight potash fertilisers:
Muriate of Potash (MOP)
Sulfate of Potash (SOP)
Potassium Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Nitrate
Each of the major potash sources are soluble in water and will readily dissolve when there is adequate rainfall or irrigation is applied. Under high rainfall or excessive irrigation, potassium can be lost in surface runoff or from the root zone by leaching - especially in permeable soils with a low cation exchange capacity.

Potassium is not lost to the atmosphere, as can occur with some nitrogen fertilisers under certain soil and environmental conditions.

Potassium can become unavailable if it is fixed by expanding clay minerals, but will be slowly re-released if soil exchangeable potassium levels fall.

Muriate of Potash (MOP)

Potassium chloride (commonly referred to as Muriate of Potash or MOP) is the most common potassium source used in agriculture, accounting for about 95% of all potash fertilizers used worldwide.

Its nutrient composition is approximately:
Potassium: 50%
Chloride: 46%
http://www.potash-info.com/potassium/potassiuminfertilisers/potassiuminfertilisers.htm

You live out past Bumfuck, Egypt, so you probably have a limited options in your suppliers, but if you get an Amazon Prime account, you can get all sorts of good shit delivered to your door in couple of days.

Some high phosphorus bat guano and fish bone meal and green sand and kelp meal might be better options for getting organic phosphorus and potassium to your plants.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Sforza, wow! Count me as one of the mislead users. I had no idea, Thank you for sharing this information with me. I will certainly be checking out other options. I have been claiming that I grow 100% organically. I haven't been. This is a tough pill to swallow. Thanks again. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts