What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Prices in Maine

f64

"Typical prices in Maine" varies. Depends. By the gram at the dispensaries it's $15.00 per gram, or 47.62 per 1/8 ounce. Less expensive from independent caregivers for first ounce at $200 per ounce, but a price jump for additional consecutive ounces within a monthly limit of up to $350 per ounce. It appears that the higher prices are somewhat of a scam. On the street maybe $200 per ounce for regular commercial.

Tokin_Jo

"Typical prices in Maine" varies. Depends. By the gram at the dispensaries it's $15.00 per gram, or 47.62 per 1/8 ounce. Less expensive from independent caregivers for first ounce at $200 per ounce, but a price jump for additional consecutive ounces within a monthly limit of up to $350 per ounce. It appears that the higher prices are somewhat of a scam. On the street maybe $200 per ounce for regular commercial.

My husband and I are caregivers both with 5 patients. All our patients were word of mouth, we knew none of them. Quality speaks loudly! I've had meds from 4 dispensories in maine given from former patients. Dispensories are mediocre quality not taken to full maturity. We charge $220 for all strains and give away edibles and butter, tincture, ect. ECSD, cheesedog, ukchem, agent orange, purple diesel, liberty Haze, tahoe kush, sourbubble.. many more. Helps to give away an ounce to a patient if they recommend another patient and that patient signs up... HOW GREEDY DO FOLKS HAVE TO GET? 275 at dispensories is rediculous.

Tyga

Veteran
For OP elbows of high quality indoor goes between 36-4 depending on quality. But thats just my connect and the bud is all top notch.

cannasaur

I wanna move to maine, but hell with those prices, im better off staying in a state where its still illegal.

These arent maine prices, these are my prices

2100 a bow, outdoor blue dreams, green crack, huckleberry, kush's galore, etc, etc.

you do the math. :)

self

Im a Maine caregiver for three patients, I charge 250 oz flat for indoor, and 200 for outdoor.
That seems fair to my patients, and to me.
Same opinion as Jo about the dispensaries product. Lots of good growers in Maine, quality is steadily increasing, but I think you have to be in the right circles.

Maine

As a patient I pay $225/OZ from a caregiver, down from $250 last year. Overall I have noticed prices going down in Maine since I moved here in 2009. More gardening stores have in the past few years as well. I don't buy QP, HP ect. but a friend reported $900-1000 street for QP. Hope that helps.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
as a caregiver i give away a free oz every month to each of my 5 patients. in return they each by 5oz a month at 225oz.

lbs of indoor on black market going for 3k all day
lbs of outdoor 2k all day

i have watched prices plummet around here the past few years. scary how its already flooded this year and the imports have not hit town yet.

A

AlterEgo860

ya aero I think they are keeping the imports out of the medical areas now lol. or atleast the areas were people already grow better bud for cheaper prices then import. lol hopefully the cali crap stops making its way over here.

Tokin_Jo

If we can get this legalization bill passed my hubby is going to apply for a 2500 square foot canopy as proposed. We would like to see marijuana legal for all. Only the selfish would not. We'll charge $150/ounce plus tax, maybe cheaper. We're going to bring competition to it's knees! $100/ounce if necessary.

EastCoastHaze

Veteran
Maine "The Way Life Should Be"

I have seen people selling mite infested flowers to there patients and that is a no no.I have seen what the dispensaries have to offer and it's not close to TopShelf and most of them don't care what your illment is. It's the passion for compassion that has people like us motivated.

To say you would charge 150 or 100 oz. is ridiculous. You don't value your hard work much! I could see outdoor for that price. But for high quality indoor meds to much time and expense to give away 225 to 300 sounds more reasonable to me. Depending on Quality, availability, strain, There are many factors in choosing what's top-shelf and whats gut rot just like with alcohol. I sure wouldn't pay the same amount for 5-o-clock vodka as I would absolute would you!! ;):pimp3:

B

BredForMeds

I was just going to say.. amazing quality.. for 300 a zip is a fair price.. non growers don't think a lot of work goes into growing.. they think u pop some seeds.. and get amazing weed.

the time that goes into PHENO HUNTING ALONE.. is wat makes a zip 300$. shit wen I didn't grow.. I was grabbing some crap bud for 220.. wats another 50-80 $ a zip.. to smoke some of the best buds.. ?

fuck man. the last time i ran out of buds.. the bud and oil i bought was still expensive.. and it was garbage..

3gunpete

:bow: to what :laughing: said.. Respect and appreciation. I give I give and I give...

But lately competition is so expansive and steadfast. I'm starting to get more competitive type mentality. I've shared so much knowledge and gifted so much genetics it's literally unquantifiable. But now even my homies take my strains and try to make moves. Now I'm starting to hoard genetics for first time in 18 years. I kind of understand everyone's gotta get sum, but it feels like the majority take it all for granted.

How many crops were accidentally pollinated during projects, hermed progeny, undesirable projects etc. and that's just sum of the breeding experimental whoa's. Never mind the several 6 lb harvest I parted with entirely in the 4th5th weeks of flowering while I was learning to combat powdery mildew, because I refused to take ez way out and spray anything on them or sell unmature powder infested crap. It's called pride!!

Forget about all the years cutting my teeth underground because the info wasn't on the web yet and most smart people sure as shit didn't like to talk about it. As well as the people I could never trust and live like a hermit all those years.
Soooo, that's me being short on how I feel about the subject. Lol
FYI,was selling both my Ghouse and indo for 200 across the board. As well as I gift one zip to any patient to sick to work. That's my policy.

I am however phasing out greenhouse next year as I did out door last year. Mostly because now that everyone has had the best they want it all the tiime and I don't blame them(my patients) because I could just sell my Ghouse as indo to all the ftards that are buying dep shit as indo price already on black market but I hate playing games and lying about what I love is bullshit, so I'll stick with my patients. ALSO FYI,I've had friends been forced to continue to sell to bmarket still from time to time because most of theyre patients are to poor to max out and they would be drowning in debt otherwise. No body is gonna ditch them for more wealthy patients or anything,lmao

In reality I was starting to fear being replaced by someone in a white lab coat employed by big pharma or whatever.
But now I want to think.. You can't replace what I do. Because it's my passion woven into every bit of who I am like it or not thick and thin I believe cannabis has chosen me.
So instead of tucking my tail I'm stepping up and owning the moment and living there as well. We will see where it all ends up in the long run. In the mean time just do the very best we can. Power to the people!!

Love and be loved

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts