What's new

China Syndrome and Sour Purple

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
China Syndrome - TGA's Chernobyl x BOG's Sour Bubble

Sour Purple - GDP x BOG's Sour Bubble

Many thanks to Infinitesimal for the seeds...

picture.php

4 China Syndrome and 8 Sour Grape at 3 weeks veg.

picture.php

I might force flower these in 2 liter pop bottles.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank YOU sir... I have been very excited to see you do your thing with these!

We both should really be thanking Clarence... he's the magic muppet that makes it all possible, thanks C :wave:

I have "high" expectations for the TCS beans... which ones are which... the china syndrome in the back?

my TCS seedling started REEK pretty much right out of the gate... are you getting any smells?

they all look very healthy from here... and I can see some traits I like already :biggrin:... I know these babies are in good hands!

Peace,
Infi

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
You're right. Thanks very much, Clarance! :wave:

Sorry, they're not sorted in the pic. I'll get better shots as they progress. Once they're sexed I'll number the pots to keep better track of expressions.

I did notice the smell early on. Ought to be some real stinkers.

I read a little about your stock. I think you mentioned you have the Trainwreck side of Chernoble and BOG's Sour Bubble is branchy? Was thinking about sogging these in 1/2 gallon soda bottles but not sure of the structure.

Got any info on the GDP? I read Aero's GDP donut thread and it was a great yield. I'm happy to get my hands on this cross as SB pollen will make for an interesting twist.

Thanks for everything.:tiphat:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry, they're not sorted in the pic. I'll get better shots as they progress. Once they're sexed I'll number the pots to keep better track of expressions.
Oh No worries bro, I was just curious which were which.

I read a little about your stock. I think you mentioned you have the Trainwreck side of Chernoble and BOG's Sour Bubble is branchy? Was thinking about sogging these in 1/2 gallon soda bottles but not sure of the structure.

Got any info on the GDP? I read Aero's GDP donut thread and it was a great yield. I'm happy to get my hands on this cross as SB pollen will make for an interesting twist.

Thanks for everything.:tiphat:
are you taking cuttings???

you should be able to Sog them... especially if you keep the roots confined but I am not sure how much stretch they have in them. I think the TCS would do better allowed to branch out but you should be able to control her easy enough... Ive just started up potting my 2-3 month old seedling from party cups and because of the root space they haven't branched much at all, so you can easily work with her.

the GDP, it had the signature purple GDP smells and tastes with good yields, when I ran her I did single cola plants and she performed well, but I have never been impressed with her potency or high... hence the SB twist... which in my opinion the SB just about has it all except yield and the flowers are a bit to dense for my liking...

which leads me to The China Syndrome... the chernobyl used was a floppy ass bitch... very train wreck dominant, but lacking every negative trait about the TW... no herms, it was not harsh on the throat like most TW is and it had a sweeter Lime soda (it smelled carbonated???) smell and taste added to it. but most importantly it was resinous as all hell, very potent, very high yielding and had a dense but open flower structure... which should help out the SB.

^^ here is The China Syndrome's Chernobyl mother

I am noticing... at least in terms of leaf morphology... that the Jack the ripper or maybe even some space queen is coming through on The China Syndrome seedlings, which is interesting... there are interesting things in the TCS that can be played with for generations to come!

later DB,
Peace

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks. I might just try my luck with the 2-liter bottles after they're a bit bigger. I always blow out the cab but culled males typically leave enough room to manage.

Here's a little better shot than the first - 22 days veg. They're slow starters but that could change after the first 4 weeks. These little cups aren't helping a faster growth rate but otherwise doing fine.

Two or three have a slight def or light sensitivity issues. I'm feeding Floranova Grow w/ CalMg and KoolBloom Liquid (0-10-10) - all at 1/2 strength. I backed em away from the light a bit, just in case.

picture.php

So far they're all pretty uniform in height and node spacing. There's one runt I stunted from breaking the tap root. It's just as healthy but ~1/2 as tall as the others.

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
sour bubble is all the rage now huh???,

sour bubble is all the rage now huh???,

let's see how they flop out then, i'm very interested in seeing how that Sour Purple - GDP x BOG's Sour Bubble goes and the CS!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If they're prone to stretch it might be time to flip. :watchplant::dunno:

26 days from sprout

picture.php

picture.php

4 China Syndrome on the left end.

picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
DB,

good job like always!

I am wondering if... those 2 or 3 that are showing some symptoms of something... might be Nute sensitivities???

on the stretch, I don't think the sour purples should stretch much as neither parent really had any stretch, It's the CS that might stretch... that was one of the goals to add the chernobyl's stretch to the Sour bubble. EDIT: it all depends, you know your cab... I wouldn't expect more than a double in height especially in 2 liters, but still I seen your Merlins Magic grow (that was another great job BTW)... this should be nothing compared to that.

Think you're givin a great show :yes:

baf

for real! I have yet to update my thread in the time DB has started and updated his three times!

He's making me look bad... LOL

DB,Baf...
Peace,
Infi

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Could be nute sensitivities but they're rather light green atm. I added some lime to the mix to sweeten things up.

4 weeks from sprout. TCS on left row. Will probably flip TCS to flower tonight. Might give SP another week to see what happens.

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
5th week from sprout.

TCS is a week in flower (4 on left). They're only slightly taller, less than 1/4" stretch per node on the first week of flower.

I switched veg lighting from 18/6 to 14/10 for the Sour Purple. I'll probably move them to flower as soon as I sex the China Syndrome. Some of the preflowers are starting to form, looks like the males may show first.

picture.php

picture.php

These can take the feed pretty well. They've been getting full strength FNG since ~24 days and there's mo sign of burn. The defs are pretty much gone, other than a trace of what looks like Mg def on one or two leaves.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not much waiting on some china syndrome myself and looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Everything you have going right now looks A+.

G

greenmatter

looks like brave little soldiers marching toward destiny! destiny = rolling papers ........ funny how every film has the same ending around here

looking solid as usual disco:good:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola DB,

Hola DB,

Stopping by to see how things are going...

have they stretched much after the flip (I think you already flipped them anyways :biggrin:)?

I'm getting a bit anxious, now, I can't wait to see some Nuggetry :whee:

Peace bro,
Infi