What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oger Kush seeds

H

HemperorsKnight

A reflection more on the male that pollinated the Ogers Kush clone.

I'll excuse the lack of reading the thread all the way.... SMH... Stash states that his males were found in orgnkids oger kush pack not banana kush if ya wanna watch a banana kush grow follow my thread but this has turned from Edgar's question to my late post to stash replying to my post thus you'll find your answer... Now male like plants can be found in fem gear but as another member mentioned he used those "male" looking plants and what would come out of them would be females as if the male like plant was a reversed female because that male looking plant lacks the (y) chromosome females are (xx) males are (xy)

Not trying to rub off aggressive like just trying to state the obvious facts that are already available here on this thread

H

HemperorsKnight

Hemperorsknight, All my Oger Kush are from Orgnkid. They are now F2 and these seeds were made from F1 seeds that were maybe 15 or 20 yrs old and I take very good care of my seed stash. These seeds are everthing that they were back then, all females were bred with all the males, no selective breeding. One of the best strains ever but a little smelly. Some phenos will make you very, very happy.
I also have seeds of ECSD x Ogers Kush. The ECSD is the old school original clone. The ogers kush was the prize male found in seeds via orginkid and they stink good.
Later, Stash

^^^Huesos

idiit

Veteran
thanks for the feedback Huesos.

what we can do from here is report individually on the oger kush experiences we are each getting. I have three more oger kush seedlings up and running. I still have enough for one more seed run after this crop of three seedlings and have plenty of pollen stored. also got a couple aww2/oger kush seedlings going. I know aww2 pretty well; also got two aww2 hybrids going outdoors.

stash's oger kush repro is getting run now and we'll get feedback.

stash's ecsd clone/oger kush is also promising and will get run soon as well.

lots of fun. :)

Huesos

Hola

Hola

Historically~authentication will prove to be a critical step in the ogers kush. For me, a big mystery was that male that showed up to breed back to the ogers kush clone.

Idiit, as you referenced, comments from those close to the source on origins of the originally Ogers Kush is invaluable.

* Post #28: on Markcastles comments brings one closer to someone that was there. He provided an honest feedback on the Banana OG on finding both weak and great lines.

*Post #62: provided a link (at the bottom of the thread) noted Calikush seeds folks commenting on Ogers Kush and Banana Kush.

* The linkage of Ghost OG to JoshD OG Kush= priceless.

* The grow alongs on Ogers Kush and Banana OG that are forthcoming will add great substance to the discussion.

Last edited:

Huesos

Brotherly Love....

Brotherly Love....

HemperorsKnight, thank you for the respect. Your providing critical analysis and research in searching for truth on the Ogers Kush is essential. We all are providing a service to the community by communicating on the subject in a professional and respectful manner.

I'm very intrigued by this Banana OG talk too. There is an awesome thread called "Chiquita Banana aka Banana Kush" that talks about the Original Banana= Ghost OG x Sag 60/40. Henceforth, the assumption that the prized male found in Orgnkids femmed Ogers Kush could have been that Sag 60/40.

Last edited:
H

HemperorsKnight

HemperorsKnight, thank you for the respect. Your providing critical analysis and research in searching for truth on the Ogers Kush is essential. We all are providing a service to the community by communicating on the subject in a professional and respectful manner.

I'm very intrigued by this Banana OG talk too. There is an awesome thread called "Chiquita Banana aka Banana Kush" that talks about the Original Banana= Ghost OG x Sag 60/40. Henceforth, the assumption that the prized male found in Orgnkids femmed Ogers Kush could have been that Sag 60/40.

I see what you're saying only​ way to know would be to interview Orgnkid himself as he is the legend responsible for the Oger kush s1 and when referencing s1 I'm assuming he took a cut of the Ghost and reversed it with sts or cs or even combo of both compounds. Maybe I can ask Matt Riot as he is friends with Orgnkid and I never seem to get a response orgnkid on IG. If by chance the 60/40 did the Ogers kush would technically be banana kush aka banana og due to 60/40 being a legitimate male and not a male like plant that can be found in feminized gear. But Huesos if ya can interview him and see how the Ogers were made our quest to unveil the answer will come to an end

idiit

Veteran
i'll photo document the second oger kush seedling run.

I'm not qualified to comment on sfv, joshd or any other kush. i'm not qualified to compare stash's oger kush reproduction to any other kush strain. I do suspect that from what I've read there is a lot of potential genotype (manifested as phenos) variation potential in the original kush so this is stash's reproduction of orgnkid's oger kush (very rare and extremely valuable). I've dealt with stash and he is very conscientious in his seed stock preservations. i'm hoping that some new "potential genotypes" show up. this would be very exciting me thinks. the origins of the male will probably always be a subject of debate. kush's origins itself is a subject of debate. :) what we do have thanks to stash's well known generosity is a chance for several growers to document what they are finding in stash's oger kush seedstock reproduction.

I've also got some aww/oger kush seedlings going to see what traits one of the oger kush males contributes as an oger kush breeder.

picture.php

one is showing purple undersides on the first true set of leaves:

picture.php

picture.php

H

HemperorsKnight

i'll photo document the second oger kush seedling run.

I'm not qualified to comment on sfv, joshd or any other kush. i'm not qualified to compare stash's oger kush reproduction to any other kush strain. I do suspect that from what I've read there is a lot of potential genotype (manifested as phenos) variation potential in the original kush so this is stash's reproduction of orgnkid's oger kush (very rare and extremely valuable). I've dealt with stash and he is very conscientious in his seed stock preservations. i'm hoping that some new "potential genotypes" show up. this would be very exciting me thinks. the origins of the male will probably always be a subject of debate. kush's origins itself is a subject of debate. :) what we do have thanks to stash's well known generosity is a chance for several growers to document what they are finding in stash's oger kush seedstock reproduction.

I've also got some aww/oger kush seedlings going to see what traits one of the oger kush males contributes as an oger kush breeder.

View Image

one is showing purple undersides on the first true set of leaves:

View Image

View Image

Could not have said it better brother

idiit

Veteran
unless someone else comes up with oger kush seeds we are running stash's reproduction of orgnkid's oger kush seedstock. I hope it is beneficial to post what has been posted about banana kush vs ogers kush so we can compare our results with stash's oger kush reproduction.

the aww2/banana foundation oger kush male is putting off the same teps in early veg as his daddy.

I've found one pheno in stash's oger kush reproduction that has dark purple undersides to the first true set of leaves.

so, it appears to me that I already have two distinctly different oger kush phenos out of stash's reproduction; banana foundation, dark purple leaf undersides.

Matthewriot (Riot seeds) below copy and paste is affirming that males do come from female s1's; as much as up to 15% per his studies and experience.

Matthewriot

Heya Waxdaddy - good question on the male thing, let's see if I can break it down for ya.

The feminization process is somewhat of a misnomer...I believe dutch passion gave it the name FEMINIZED. Now people have the misconception that feminized seeds will always produce female seeds, no questions, 100% of the time. Well, Cannabis isn't like humans when it comes to genetics, it took me years to truly understand that part. In Cannabis there are indeed X and y chromosomes, however there are also Super Female and Super Male chromosomes (the latter very rarely are viable for some unknown reason). Along with this the major determining factor for cannabis sex is also environment. So those are some of the factors involved with cannabis sexing and feminization. What feminization really means is that genetically, we've given the seeds the best possible chance for being female GENETICALLY speaking. But with environment having and almost equal determining factor feminization is truly a misnomer. Now when I say environment, it's not to insinuate that anything is WRONG with the environment. To be honest no one REALLY knows what environmental factors really help determine the sex of a seed. There's all kinds of guesses and posts online about people's guesses and what they think they've found out to be the correct answer on this part. The other part of this equation is that it depends on that particular strain on how they respond to the environment with sexing...further complicates it. So, with that said, some people will get very lucky and never see a male from any feminized seeds - I saw that in my grape stomper a few years back... the first 2 years not a single male. About year two there were three different people who got a male - from the same exact seed stock. Was it because the seeds sat around longer? Was it because a certain branch produced more male hormones? No idea =/. Would be nice to figure out but since cannabis scientific research is so many years behind any other plant genetics it'll be a long time until we can start unlocking the real genetic determination factors with the plant. Ideally you should see 1/100 males if everythign is perfect for that specific strain, but sometimes it can be as low as 15/100, meaning 15 males to 100 seeds.

Now, with that said for MY customers I always ask them to keep pictures of when this happens and let me know and I'll replace any male seed from our feminized line with new seeds because I know most people are buying feminized seeds because they don't like messing with males.

Also, I can never recommend breeding with males from feminized seeds - it produces wonky and unknown outcomes with the genetics of future progeny and almost certainly makes any future strain impossible to make have high female ratios. Weird shit.

I hope that helped break it down for ya a bit Wax. Lots of I don't knows with a few facts thrown in there that we do know, but definitely more I don't knows THAN facts lol.
http://www.weedwatch.com/forums/riot-seeds/3904-banana-og-2-print.html

hippie420

Sorry to shit in your cheerios matt, but there are the descriptions from Cali Kush Seeds from back in the day:

Banana OGer's is different. It is :
OGer's Kush x a male from a mixed pack from Sagarmatha Seeds that Orgnkid dubbed 60/40ies aka Banana.

here are the old descriptions of both OGer's Kush & Banana OGer's

Banana OGer's:
Here the legendary OG Kush from Los Angeles meets a wonderful variety I called sag's 60/40ies aka Banana. A fairly compact plant, 60/40 aka Banana does well indoors and out and is a good yielder of some really high quality buds. This hybrid should increase the yield of the Ogers considerably and add some more sweetness to the Kush while maintaining the potentcy and high that has made the Ogers such a highly sought after variety. A great medicinal strain. Grow this variety and enjoy some of California's finest. This new cross should prove to be a keeper in even the pickiest growers gardens.
Flower Time: 8 weeks
Environment: indoor/ outdoor

and

OGer's Kush:

Indica 80%, Sativa 20%
This legendary heavy-hitter spawned from the Dog the mother Ogers Kush from Los Angeles has become one of the most sought after strains and for good reason. this previously "Clone Only" strain has great medicinal value and an unmistakably lemony- piney fragrance. Regarded by many as the best Money can Buy. The Ogerskush produces a very potent long lasting high, the high is fast and complete, very euphoric and almost overwhelming at times, with that rich lemon pine flavor you just can't get enough of.It's like rock candy in your mouth and the taste last for a very long time. The Ogers Kush does well indoors and can be harvested at 2 diferent times to get 2 completely different effects. It can be harvested @ 51 days for a superior Clear Up high or harvested at 60 days for an "ogee i am too high". It also can be grown outdoors and is an excellent choice for SOG. A lot of hard work and dedication went into producing these Ogers Kush so don't miss out on one of the L.A. favorite "celebs".

Hopes this helps some folks learn some new (really old...lol) shit. be well folks.

Peace,
Hippie

08-12-2012, 03:02 AM
hippie420

And Orgnkid was online as recent as 2009... Not really all that long ago and a trustworthy person to me that they recently (This Year) sourced a pack of Banana OGer's from Orgnkid himself...

08-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Matthewriot

Damn you did shit in my cheerios! I need to update the brain wave patterns hardcore on the strain part. As far as him appearing on ********* as of 2009, no one really knows if that was him or not, I can go into it much further but thats not something i care to start a shit slinging storm since none of us know what really went on there. but it was a "Hey Im back" and "Hey im gone and deleting all of my emails". I've had people register on my site as Orgnkid and deleted them right away because their IP said different, and Im sure one day weedwatch will have an orgnkid register here =). But that is good seed info - so the clone that Orgnkid passed around as the Banana OG Kush cut was his personal selection - but NOT the only cut that exists obviously since the seeds WERE sold. Thanks for correcting me because I don't want to spit misinformation if I have it totally wrong. So a big gracias to ya duder.
http://www.weedwatch.com/forums/riot-seeds/3904-banana-og-3-print.html

H

HemperorsKnight

unless someone else comes up with oger kush seeds we are running stash's reproduction of orgnkid's oger kush seedstock. I hope it is beneficial to post what has been posted about banana kush vs ogers kush so we can compare our results with stash's oger kush reproduction.

the aww2/banana foundation oger kush male is putting off the same teps in early veg as his daddy.

I've found one pheno in stash's oger kush reproduction that has dark purple undersides to the first true set of leaves.

so, it appears to me that I already have two distinctly different oger kush phenos out of stash's reproduction; banana foundation, dark purple leaf undersides.

Matthewriot (Riot seeds) below copy and paste is affirming that males do come from female s1's; as much as up to 15% per his studies and experience.

http://www.weedwatch.com/forums/riot-seeds/3904-banana-og-2-print.html

http://www.weedwatch.com/forums/riot-seeds/3904-banana-og-3-print.html

Nice find brother

idiit

Veteran
thanks, it thought it was worth posting.

for now until something new pop up here's how it looks by ocum's razor law:
Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor; Latin: lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony") is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar, scholastic philosopher, and theologian. His principle can be interpreted as stating Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.
1). stash faithfully reproduced the oger kush seedstock. no reason to doubt. stash found a male in fem s1's. no reason to doubt. stash used that male in his oger kush repro. no reason to doubt.

2). orgnkid made female s1's off his kush cut. no reason to doubt. the idea that orgnkid would use a male in his ogerkush s1 fem release and advertise it as s1 fems doesn't make sense atm.

3). orgnkid used sag's 60/40 in his banana kush seedstock release. no reason up to now to doubt.

4). markscastle found a very dank pheno in orgnkid's ogerkush fem s1 release that had some "banana foundation" (my descriptor) terps. no reason to doubt. maybe orgnkid used that markscastle pheno to mate with sag's 60/40 for the orgnkid banana kush , maybe he used his cut that he made s1 fem's off of. markscastle says he sent orgnkid that "banana foundation" pheno back to orgnkid.

5). now, several ppl have stash's reproduction of orgnkid's oger kush fem s1's. these seeds are being run and several ppl will post back their findings and we can compare those findings to what we know about the original orgnkid's oger kush and banana kush.

H

HemperorsKnight

thanks, it thought it was worth posting.

for now until something new pop up here's how it looks by ocum's razor law:

1). stash faithfully reproduced the oger kush seedstock. no reason to doubt. stash found a male in fem s1's. no reason to doubt. stash used that male in his oger kush repro. no reason to doubt.

2). orgnkid made female s1's off his kush cut. no reason to doubt. the idea that orgnkid would use a male in his ogerkush s1 fem release and advertise it as s1 fems doesn't make sense atm.

3). orgnkid used sag's 60/40 in his banana kush seedstock release. no reason up to now to doubt.

4). markscastle found a very dank pheno in orgnkid's ogerkush fem s1 release that had some "banana foundation" (my descriptor) terps. no reason to doubt. maybe orgnkid used that markscastle pheno to mate with sag's 60/40 for the orgnkid banana kush , maybe he used his cut that he made s1 fem's off of. markscastle says he sent orgnkid that "banana foundation" pheno back to orgnkid.

5). now, several ppl have stash's reproduction of orgnkid's oger kush fem s1's. these seeds are being run and several ppl will post back their findings and we can compare those findings to what we know about the original orgnkid's oger kush and banana kush.

You're right on point. And I learned something new on the Oger kush s1 banana foundation pheno you definitely do a full spectrum research on this glad I'm part of this thread

idiit

Veteran
despite the oger kush seedstock being from a selfed project (s1's) we are going to get genotypical variation from orgnkid's cut. this is very possibly an exciting opportunity to find latent genotypes in the original kush not to be found by running cuts from the same plant.

Because no homozygous plants are being selfed all the S1's will have variation.

-SamS
Variations in s1's (selfed)? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73768&highlight=selfed+variation

Variation if S1 seeds? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=202197&highlight=selfed+variation

quotes:"Imo many times the s1 is superior to the original "elite"
This is where all these new og's are coming from.
Bx may be fine but gimmie the fem s1's. Rgd"

"Glad you poped in RGD, Im learning what you say can be true, not all the time but it can happen, what do you think of trying to take it all the way to the s6? also why arent more breeders doing s1's with the elites like the fire cut og and chem"s d, 4, and the white, I would much rather spend my money on these seeds rather than crosses and bx"s. josey whales"

S1's suck? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98932&highlight=selfed+variation

^og kush is mentioned a lot in here. also the pitfalls inherent in selfing are discussed.

genetic differnces between an IBL and S1: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=73239&highlight=selfed+variation

edited to add: oger kush is probably an s1 of an s1 ( if original kush is an s1). so, if I got this right oger kush is actually an s2.

idiit

Veteran
yes, but i'm the only one so far posting grow reports. will post updates.

hopefully some other growers that got the oger kush seeds will post some stuff.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I appreciate you taking the time idiit. Looking forward to seeing more.

The males from female phenomenon is a trip. It threw me for a loop!

It left me not sure of what I believed. To this day. I start asking myself what if there are no males?

Damn you TomH.!

Chunkypig is a member here who had a plant that was grown from a seed found in some cookies. It was an OGKB type that he calls stinkypanties. He made S1's and I think the first 12 he germed were male. That's a lot more than 1-100.

Also I think it was Dutch Passion who first called their seeds "female" but quickly changed it to "Feminized" because males were being found from day one.

I like that mattriot dude!

Photorikki

OGer99

OGer99

Years ago I won a pack of OGer99 (OGer kuxh X Cinderella 99) seeds here on IC mag
via a photo contest.
They were bred by Dutchgrown.
Just today I flipped 4 plants in 7 gallon pots to 12/12.

These suckers are super vigorous gals and a great balanced hybrid that I never build up immunity to.

I've made my own seeds so that I never lose this strain and have a bunch.
I just popped 8 and got 4 really strong girls.
The plants stretches a lot and the right phenom can taste great.
It's strong as shit but no couch lock, so you can keep on truckin!:woohoo:

picture.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40844&pictureid=1463532

Last edited: