What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YOUR WORST/DISAPOINTED/OVERATED STRAIN(S)

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I smoked some Amnesia lemon this morning. It was from barneys I think. It wasn't bad at all. I think Ill take another puff.

The worst was violator Kush. It smelled and tasted like rotten eggs. I puked when I took a bong hit:puke:

thejact55

I really like amnesia lemon, had some killer plants from it 10 yrs ago or so. Their blue cheese was good too. Again 10 years ago.
Their vanilla kush was terrible though, terrible...
one female of acoupolco gold, blah.
I just cut 2 cbd critical cure, really nice plants.
3 of 5 strains were decent...

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
i'm another fans of amnesia lemon..i recieved only a freebies from attitude a pair of years ago but i keep it in my library...perfect daysmoke and commercial pot...loud lemon smell and haze taste...ready in 60 days, big colas and pest resistence.

meizzwang

Most disappointing strain ever tried: N***ana's El Dorado. Seemed to be mixed with skunk or some other dutch genetics, definitely not pure Oaxacan as the description implied. Zero flavor, lackluster potency. Lost trust in this company after trying this strain.

Also Carnival from M****try of Can***is:I think that strain won a cannabis cup, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, perhaps it was a poly hybrid, and the seeds distributed weren't selected/tested before being released. This plant had very little odor, poor flavor, and the effects weren't memorable or very noticable...in fact, some unworked landraces I've recently tried are much better than this strain! There's a reason you don't hear much about this company....

elanius

Veteran
sorry to say but the BOG sour strawberry, the hype was on and i bought some seeds 2 years back, recently got them to germinate, very bad germination rate. 4 plants, 2 males. Both females hermied heavily in 3 weeks of flower, both outdoors and indoors. One of the female had the most intense sweet fruity stem smell you can imagine. I was expecting something divine, so i was picking out the male flowers on the outdoor girls only to found no smell at all. They yielded average, looked exactly like Bubba Kush, were frosty and i expect it to be potent, but no smell at all wtf? :D I guess the second Bx was not the best idea after all. I just dont understand the hype, was it all for the first Bx seeds?...Well there was interesting lesson in there, no matter how loud the stem smell gets, it still doesnt necessary have to translate to the bud aroma. The idea of selecting a male based on stem rub just crumbled like my hope for tasty SourStrawberry smoke

everydayJoe

Reserva privadas kosher and og kushes. 3 for 3 orherwise healthy females from fem seeds hermied 3 weeks into flower like crazy. Never had that happen before that or since then with any other breeder seeds in 10 years of growin. Hopefully was just bad luck...curious enough that one day maybe I'll try the remaining seeds from those packs.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Most disappointing strain ever tried: N***ana's El Dorado. Seemed to be mixed with skunk or some other dutch genetics, definitely not pure Oaxacan as the description implied. Zero flavor, lackluster potency. Lost trust in this company after trying this strain.

Also Carnival from M****try of Can***is:I think that strain won a cannabis cup, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, perhaps it was a poly hybrid, and the seeds distributed weren't selected/tested before being released.

How does somebody "select/test" seeds before packaging them?

meizzwang

How does somebody "select/test" seeds before packaging them?

There's many other methods, but Here's an overly simplified explanation of one way: With your selected male and female plant, make clones and keep them in veg. Flower the parents and create seeds. grow out a test batch of seeds using these two parents. if the test batch meets expectations, take clones from the vegged parents and flower them again, producing a fresh batch of seeds. Repeat for as long as you want to offer that line.

Had this been done with blueberry, we'd still have the amazing 1990's version around. Same goes with AK47, sensi star,and all those wonderful strains that were great at a particular generation of inbreeding but sucked the following generations. IF you put so much time and effort into breeding, might as well do it right.

With fem. seeds, you just have to maintain the female plant.

Of course, easier said than done.

budsicles

I notice many people complaining about entire genetic lines, even though they only tried 2-3 seeds of it. I think this is not very fair. You should always run at least 10-20 seeds to get a realistic idea of the genetic potential. Many of my best phenos have come from strains which I would have thought were trash, had I only tried a few seeds. Just a thought.

Worst plants I ever grew came from seedsman afghani. They weren't even smokable.

meizzwang

I notice many people complaining about entire genetic lines, even though they only tried 2-3 seeds of it. I think this is not very fair. You should always run at least 10-20 seeds to get a realistic idea of the genetic potential. Many of my best phenos have come from strains which I would have thought were trash, had I only tried a few seeds. Just a thought.

Worst plants I ever grew came from seedsman afghani. They weren't even smokable.

I think the above comment is completely valid if the seeds aren't expensive, but at 70-250 Euros per pack of 10 or so....at that price, every last seed better be good quality!

Latest posts

Latest posts