What's new

Leaves color difference, LED vs windowsill

Diego_

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some pics of two clones. The first one is in a mini indoor with led 16/8 (the ones for your home 6000k), the other one in a windowsill with no direct sunlight 13/11.

Week 9:

Height:
clones_01.jpg

Color:
clones_02.jpg

Branches and flowering:
clones_03.jpg
clones_04.jpg

Any comments are welcome!

Diego_

What strain are they? What kind of nutes are you using? Are these from seed or clone?

I don't know the strain, this is my first grow. I just took some seeds from a friend.

They both are clones from the same plant.

It's all organic, I feed them w water, vermicompost and seabirds guano.

thejact55

My Guess is that the higher power of the light of the LED versus the window causes a heavier photosynthesis because the plant can use the higher power light source to convert more clorophyl. Don't know if this is correct, but makes sense to me.

Diego_

My Guess is that the higher power of the light of the LED versus the window causes a heavier photosynthesis because the plant can use the higher power light source to convert more clorophyl. Don't know if this is correct, but makes sense to me.

Make sense to me too. But would lik to be sure (just out of curiosity)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Higher wattage, and artificial rays. Our strains look greener under LED than natural sunlight.

Jonnysact

Interesting comparison. It looks to me like, although the one on the window is not as large or as dark, the stems of each leaf are not nearly as purple.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Kudos.

Kudos.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some pics of two clones. The first one is in a mini indoor with led 16/8 (the ones for your home 6000k), the other one in a windowsill with no direct sunlight 13/11.

Any comments are welcome!

Your empirical spirit is admirable.

Don't stop.

:tiphat:
~S0ul

Ujo Poika

I made a transition from ESL to LED a couple days ago, and I expect to see similar change in color.

Stretchy light-seeking growth replaced with more compact and leafy one and also darker green.

Latest posts

Latest posts