What's new

LEAVES CUPPING UPWARDS

mozartt3a

Hey organic peoples,

just having a little cupping on my leaves with my all organic grow. 7 gallon buckets, soil was amended with several different dry amendments. 400w light with about 20-25C night-day. these are clones on the 3 week of vegging. Just was wondering what everybody thought about this and why it is doing it. finally some solutions would be much appreciated. thanks for helping out, everyday learning!

Bona Fortuna

Howdy!
Looking purty. My guesses would be humidity/water, possibly too little, or a slight N hunger.
Otherwise, seems just alright to me!

OrganicMechanik

is the soil a little to strong for that particular strain/pheno? seems like tips are burnt slightly, also i have a couple of plants that have the same leaf cupping thing and all the others seem fine. maybe there just a bit sensitive to the soil and the light! my indica dominant plants seem to be fine and the sativa dominant ones seem to be exhibiting the leaf cupping more. i also noticed that if i moved them a bit further from the light they seemed to prefer it!

mozartt3a

right on, yeah my humidity is low around the 30s actually, what would be an effective and sustainable way to raise humidity?

mozartt3a

is the soil a little to strong for that particular strain/pheno? seems like tips are burnt slightly, also i have a couple of plants that have the same leaf cupping thing and all the others seem fine. maybe there just a bit sensitive to the soil and the light! my indica dominant plants seem to be fine and the sativa dominant ones seem to be exhibiting the leaf cupping more. i also noticed that if i moved them a bit further from the light they seemed to prefer it!

I'm having the same kind of problem, my saliva dominant strains are the ladies having the cupping and slight burning on the tips while the indica strains are less sensitive to changes i make. I'm not sure why the nutes would be too much, thought i had a good mix of soil going.

waveguide

Veteran
if you're broke, the easy way to raise rh is to hang strips of cloth into a bucket of water in a corner with less air movement..

betshtick

Well the humidity numbers he posted are okay, so my next question would be how close is that 400? I've had plants start to get dry tops like that when they were getting baked by a light.

I'm having the same kind of problem, my saliva dominant strains are the ladies having the cupping and slight burning on the tips while the indica strains are less sensitive to changes i make. I'm not sure why the nutes would be too much, thought i had a good mix of soil going.

My sativas do this all the time towards late flower. Nothing I ever worry about. I had a few indicas right next to them that didn't show this.

mozartt3a

the light is a good distance away from the plant, i wanna see little more then 12 inches and i will measure it when i get home. i also did the hand test and it was nice and warm but not burning.

mozartt3a

if you're broke, the easy way to raise rh is to hang strips of cloth into a bucket of water in a corner with less air movement..

im not broke, i have a little cash to spend I'm just looking for a way that would be sustainable and safe for the grow room

mozartt3a

My sativas do this all the time towards late flower. Nothing I ever worry about. I had a few indicas right next to them that didn't show this.

i have flowered this strain out a couple times and it hasn't had this problem. right now its only about week 3 of begging though

Stinkymutt

a cheap evaporator type humidifier works well. But you have to keep an eye on it unless it has a stat on it

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a cheap evaporator type humidifier works well. But you have to keep an eye on it unless it has a stat on it

Yeeep, just make sure the reservoir is as large as possible. Some can be cut apart and fitted with a float valve.