What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
IMG_8923.jpeg

Green Squall

Anchor Brewing Company Liberty Ale, 5.9% abv.

In the classic tradition of Anchor Steam, a robust lighter colored ale, with a decent abv content.

On sale in town for $20 for 2 six-packs.

Might need to score again for the trip to Aishihik Lake that's coming up.

That, and Costco has a Kirkland brand hard seltzer in a 24-case, with 2 grams of carbohydrate per each, for $23.99, at 5% abv, and it comes in 6-each of 4 flavors, including black cherry, mango, grapefruit, and lime. All of which are decent, and compared to the other name brands of hard seltzers they carry at Costco, about $12 less per case, and .5% abv more potent. I think that's a 'yes,'
If you like Anchor Brewing company, you better buy all you can because they're closing their doors after 100 years.

shithawk420

Veteran
If you like Anchor Brewing company, you better buy all you can because they're closing their doors after 100 years.
ive got a whole lot of bottles i can pic but i was hoping for a diferrent kinda of answer for a different thread.didnt see you for a while. i heard a white pizza,maybe clam i dont know but i cauld of swore it was a white pizza that got best pizza in the country.i know i didnt imagine it.i was hoping if you could confirm what im saying.was it boston or somewhere else in MA?i know i heard that somewhere got the best pizza in the country.just wanted to ask cause i dont think im crazy.im not even a white pizza fan.it was clams or something and i saw it on a show years back.anyway good to see you man.been a while

Green Squall

ive got a whole lot of bottles i can pic but i was hoping for a diferrent kinda of answer for a different thread.didnt see you for a while. i heard a white pizza,maybe clam i dont know but i cauld of swore it was a white pizza that got best pizza in the country.i know i didnt imagine it.i was hoping if you could confirm what im saying.was it boston or somewhere else in MA?i know i heard that somewhere got the best pizza in the country.just wanted to ask cause i dont think im crazy.im not even a white pizza fan.it was clams or something and i saw it on a show years back.anyway good to see you man.been a while
Sounds like maybe Regina Pizzeria? Its an old brick oven joint with maybe a dozen and a half locations. I know they definitely have a white pizza. Its has a mix of different cheeses with a garlic sauce, with or without clams. I've cut my screen time lately but I'm still occasionally lurking around here!

I found an unopened pint of JW Black I don't even remember buying. It's sits up in my cupboard next to another pint of Paul Mason Brandy. I guess it'll be my SHTF booze, since all I really drink is beer or gin/tonic.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Sounds like maybe Regina Pizzeria? Its an old brick oven joint with maybe a dozen and a half locations. I know they definitely have a white pizza. Its has a mix of different cheeses with a garlic sauce, with or without clams. I've cut my screen time lately but I'm still occasionally lurking around here!

I found an unopened pint of JW Black I don't even remember buying. It's sits up in my cupboard next to another pint of Paul Mason Brandy. I guess it'll be my SHTF booze, since all I really drink is beer or gin/tonic.
Hey thanks GS.that was the answer I wanted.went to to this place called mccallieertur here in Davenport.
It's actually good.sorrry the spellininh is off

right

A cold frosty one. Couldn't taste colder than it does here in the Mojave. + dabs dabs and more dabs. Valtoco kicks the stout in nicely

Attachments

• 20230923_160206.jpg
    20230923_160206.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Found a new "Anchor" brewing solution at wallyworld. Anchor Hocking makes these really nice 2 gallon glass crocks with a glass lid. LOTS of 13 day wine recipes from decades ago, long before the invention of modern 'stabilizing' agents and other things you should not ingest.

Who here has been falling down, puking, making an ass of yourself drunk, and not had a hang over the next day? Cool fermented hooch ftw! ;)

Ingredients:
2 Quarts of beet juice Knudson(sen?) makes a good one without preservatives
Almost 6lbs of Blue Agave Syrup
1-3 packets Lalvin K1v-116 yeast (more yeast == stronger wine at 13 days)
1-3 lbs of fruit you like
Pinch of epsom salt
1 Cup of strong tea
R/O filtered water

Tools:
2 Gallon Crock w/Lid
Clean cloth large enough to cover top of the crock
String/Rope which ties around the top of the crock
Clean spoon or other utensil to stir with

The most important thing is to keep everything clean with soap and hot water. Only use clean utensils. No 'chems' or other ingredients needed.

Make a hot cup of tea and set it aside to steep while you work.
I pour out half of a container of agave in the crock and add half a jar of beet juice. Swirl till mixed well.
Add agave to the beet juice jar and mix well before adding to the crock.
Mix the rest of the agave this way, with beet juice or water, before adding to the crock. (just a pain to completely mix the agave safely once in the 'glass' crock).
Add the tea and pinch of epsom salt to the crock.
Chop up any fruit and add it with a stir.
Place the crock where it will sit for 13 days without being disturbed. (some place just under 70F is ideal)
Top up with r/o water until 1/4" below the point the glass begins to curve in for the lid at the top. (keeps it from frothing over),
Sprinkle yeast packets on the surface,
Place towel over top.
Place lid on top.
Gently stretch towel so it's smooth and without wrinkles under the lid.
Use the string/rope to tie the towel to the top of the crock.

In 13 days, filter how you like and drink. ;) It will NOT taste like beets (they provide all the nutrients for the yeast) and will definitely surprise you. :)

right

Tonight I'm drinking Straight Light. The doctor wants me to take these benzos too .It's says da da da da da ,take as needed.

Attachments

• 20230925_204638.jpg
    20230925_204638.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230925_204657.jpg
    20230925_204657.jpg
    777.7 KB · Views: 22