What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Causes A plant To Yellow Overnight and Fan Leaves Droop?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
its in my mpb system, my biggest plant. two days ago the plant was in absolute perfect health. yesterday, i noticed yellowing, this morning, the yellowing had really increased through the plant and all the fan leaves are drooping...

the other 3 plants are still perfect, no problems.....

i do not have root rot, which i would think is the cause.....

so odd, cant seem to figure it out......

my nutrient was 900 ppm's yesterday and i increased it to 1100 with dynagrow grow, thinking its nitrogen deficiency, but its not looking like it......

mrdizzle

from looking at some of your other pics, I see it looks like your drain line, and the bottom of those coco pots overlap which would mean the bottom of your coco pot is sitting in water, that would cause those roots to rot, while the roots in the bucket look healthy the roots in the crown probably have rot.

when I got rot, the roots in the bucket where fine for a couple days after the plant started to droop, once I cut the plants down I saw that the roots in the top bucket were fucked and the roots in the bottom bucket looked ok

krunchbubble

Veteran
from looking at some of your other pics, I see it looks like your drain line, and the bottom of those coco pots overlap which would mean the bottom of your coco pot is sitting in water, that would cause those roots to rot, while the roots in the bucket look healthy the roots in the crown probably have rot.

when I got rot, the roots in the bucket where fine for a couple days after the plant started to droop, once I cut the plants down I saw that the roots in the top bucket were fucked and the roots in the bottom bucket looked ok

i see.....

im going to turn the drip back on then, empty the system and refill with a higher concentration on hydro fungicide,........

appreciate it bro.......

mrdizzle

dont turn the top feed back on if you had turned it off, just dump water dosed with hydrofungicide over the crown, and they try to raise your plants a little if you can, if the coco is sitting in water

krunchbubble

Veteran
dont turn the top feed back on if you had turned it off, just dump water dosed with hydrofungicide over the crown, and they try to raise your plants a little if you can, if the coco is sitting in water

plant died over night..........motherfucker!

Qupid

That sucks...you mean dead as in no coming back? They didn't look that bad to just die overnight.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
So your symptoms appeared to have been N deficiency and a general wilt that started on older growth and traveled to shoots.

It only occurred on your biggest plant.

It's localized to one plant, so it seems unlikely that its something contained within the solution creating lockout.

The high flow characteristics of the MPB system, it is easy to reject as culprit as insufficient access to N and H20.

I'm sure you're nutes and environment were operating within reasonable ranges.

Seems likely that it is root zone related, as the roots are the stuff dangling in the ample supply of N and H20.

Additionally, the migration of N and H2O to the active growth shoots supports the idea that the plant somehow lost adequate access to the nutes and water cycling in the system.

Did you try an emergency foliar feed? If the plant had responded at all, it might be more fair to really blame the root zone.

There seems to be much more canopy than roots. If the grow environment was optimized in such a way that the canopy was developing as fast as the root mass would allow, and then the roots took some kind of hit, the canopy would then be unsustainable.

What does the inside of the root ball look like?

Hope you get to the bottom of this...

dusto2k3

Well whatever it is, it happened to abouyt 15 of my plants in veg. They are/were in FFOF. I feed them a regular schedule of water/nutes. They were all looking good. In all I had 20 small ones in 1 gal pots and 3 moms in 3 gal pots. I chopped up about 10 of the plants for clones and 1 of the mothers. I also gavce a mother to a friend. So after chopping the clones, I continued to feed/water the plants, I hadn't chopped all foliage of the 1gal pots, so they could regenerate, as well as the mom. Two weeks after this, EVERY SINGLE PLANT exhibited the same symptoms as above. I tried emergency flush thinking something got in there, but nope, they continued to DIE! I cloned the last mom befre all symptoms overtook the whole plant, so I'll see if the clones show the same thing. I hope not. I have no clue as to why this happened. Kinda reminds me of the off-gassing, but there has been no change to the room, so I'm not sure.

krunchbubble

Veteran
So your symptoms appeared to have been N deficiency and a general wilt that started on older growth and traveled to shoots.

It only occurred on your biggest plant.

It's localized to one plant, so it seems unlikely that its something contained within the solution creating lockout.

The high flow characteristics of the MPB system, it is easy to reject as culprit as insufficient access to N and H20.

I'm sure you're nutes and environment were operating within reasonable ranges.

Seems likely that it is root zone related, as the roots are the stuff dangling in the ample supply of N and H20.

Additionally, the migration of N and H2O to the active growth shoots supports the idea that the plant somehow lost adequate access to the nutes and water cycling in the system.

Did you try an emergency foliar feed? If the plant had responded at all, it might be more fair to really blame the root zone.

There seems to be much more canopy than roots. If the grow environment was optimized in such a way that the canopy was developing as fast as the root mass would allow, and then the roots took some kind of hit, the canopy would then be unsustainable.

What does the inside of the root ball look like?

Hope you get to the bottom of this...

didn't try a foilar feed....

i cut alot of the roots off, taking it out of the system, thats the reason for a lack of roots in the pics.....

root ball i didnt look at till right now, brown roots, buts its been outside for a day....

really need to figue this out, may be spreading to another plant, tried physan 20 last night....

C

cyber echo

holy fucking shit that was the fastest death ever :[]
Sorry for you bro....

mrdizzle

it has nothing to do with N, N def doesnt kill plants over night

I would rock the physan 20 at 1tsp per 15 and leave it in there, I ran it in my res for a week and it didnt hurt the plants at all it only saved them

but the problem looks like its in the crown so make sure and soak that too. I switched one of my rooms to perlite/coco because I just couldnt take fearing opening the door of my room anymore

I hope the physan does the job on this

krunchbubble

Veteran
it has nothing to do with N, N def doesnt kill plants over night

I would rock the physan 20 at 1tsp per 15 and leave it in there, I ran it in my res for a week and it didnt hurt the plants at all it only saved them

but the problem looks like its in the crown so make sure and soak that too. I switched one of my rooms to perlite/coco because I just couldnt take fearing opening the door of my room anymore

I hope the physan does the job on this

thought i was the only one who feared opening the door.....

have both the physan and hydro fungicide in there.....

this is getting really depressing, thought i have all the problems worked out.......really cant afford to lose this room....

RetroGrow

Veteran
Have you checked for root aphids?
They are impossible to see without a loop.
Also, I had dying plants on my hands, and treated with aspirin. 325 milligrams per gallon of water, and plants made a miraculous recovery in 48 hours.
The aspirin boosts the plants immune system. Can be used as foliar spray also.
Grasping at straws here, but good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts