What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nomaad OD:2010

nomaad

Veteran
So... here we go again. One complete trip around the sun... and it almost time to put em in the ground again.

I'll get right to it. I'm going to be running an intensive grow this year with up to 99 plants... not sure if that many will fit into all the nooks and crannies of the 1/3 acre or so that I grow in.

There will be about 20 or 22 in 200 gallon smartpots (there were 18 of these last year) and most of them will be Blue Dream and possibly, Pineapple Cough... I am not going for 15 pound monsters this year because I simply don't have the room for it in my garden. I also feel like I would not be able to grow the same kind of quality with that kind of yield. If I do a second garden this year I will make room for a couple of Godzillas in 400 gallon pots. I am hoping to pull down a respectable 5lbs per plant in the 200's this year.

This year's Black Box is going to be jam packed with lots of sourD, OG Kush, J1, a Bubba Kush I call "Bubbz", Clueberry, a bit of Deep Purple, Some Purple Trainwreck, some pre98 Bubba, and there will probably be a few more additions... I'm even hoping to trade some big plants over the next few weeks. I'll be doing 18 in 65 gallon pots and then filling in the all the extra space with pots of all sizes... its going to be a complete sea of green. I'll probably run a total of about 65 plants in the black box.

In the Greenhouse, I am going to be running 9 Collins Cough (13 week finisher in standard greenhouse runs) with the top off the greenhouse. When the autumn weather starts to set in, I'll zip the greenie back up and finish them off till around xmas in the warm and cozy dome.

The Black box will be down by July 15th this year... at that time, I will refill the black box hoop houses with another round of 65 plants that have already been vegged to fill 10 gallon pots... I'll probably pot em up to 20's and let em flower with the big ones under the sun.

Right now, I have the first 99 vegging in the dome. This is a pic from my GH thread, but its really the only logical starting point for this thread...
2010_0407-141.jpg

I also have been very generously given some seeds that I will be running... C99 F2's from dutchgrown and Blue Driesel from Unknown Prophet. This will be my first time messing with seeds... hope I don't accidentally pollinate my whole garden.

I also have a new camera with a macro lens that I will be learning how to use as the season progresses.

Anyhow... welcome to my next adventure. Hope its as much fun as last year.

try comb

will be checkin your thread often. are you sure you want to run seed plants right next to your bread and butter? hermies can ruin things real quick......

glad you got some new stuff to play with though.

try:tiphat:

nomaad

Veteran
are you sure you want to run seed plants right next to your bread and butter? hermies can ruin things real quick......

no, i'm not at all sure I want to do this. makes me very nervous. maybe I will run the seeds inside or at a different location. another idea is to wait till the end of the season, remove my moms to a different location and start fucking with seeds and males.

problem is that I have promised myself to take the off-season as seriously as I took the growing season this past year. meaning, I want to spend a solid month in El Hinduragua staring at my bamboo groves and a month in Tahoe in ass-deep powder... back to work on march 1st next year... no time for a breeding project in there...

I am going to get more info from the breeders and see what my herm liability looks like. I also bought a pack of DJ Short's Blueberry that I would like to mess with... There is also that Bubba male and an LA confidential male in the family... maybe its time to all kick in for a place we can feel safe working with the males and seeds.

gotta make crepes for the kids.

Thanks to everybody for else stopping by...

P

planty

What do you think about using that indoor space to sex the seeds early on and put the males aside or let them finish and freeze the pollen and put the females back outside to revert as a side tester project in some smaller containers taking clones once they come back and labeling accordingly? That way you won't run the risk of fuckin' the farm too much. Also if you save the pollen you could do your pineapple cough x c99 and make some double pineapple cough and you could do some blue cough in your green house all kinds of fun stuff...imagine the unique varieties you could make in house to have as your brand..no better time than NOW

Can't wait for some better weather..

nomaad

Veteran
What do you think about using that indoor space to sex the seeds early on and put the males aside or let them finish and freeze the pollen and put the females back outside to revert as a side tester project in some smaller containers taking clones once they come back and labeling accordingly? That way you won't run the risk of fuckin' the farm too much. Also if you save the pollen you could do your pineapple cough x c99 and make some double pineapple cough and you could do some blue cough in your green house all kinds of fun stuff...imagine the unique varieties you could make in house to have as your brand..no better time than NOW

Can't wait for some better weather..

that's more or less what I am thinking... i have a lot going on in the indoor space. I am vegging a backup crop in there... its dual purpose is to be the crop that will go into the hoop houses when the BB comes down AND serve as a backup in case of early flowering...

we'll see what happens... I have a lot on my plate this year and I'm not trying to complicate things too much right now. As is, I don;t have as much time for my family as I did when we lived in the tropics. I'm not going to do anything that is going to cut into the time I do have set aside.

At the very least, I'll sex the seeds inside (gonna crack em today in some rapid rooters) and send the males to a safe place. I am not set up to flower in that space and I have no plans to convert it to a flowering room (many many light leaks) any time soon... so the males would have to finish elsewhere...i know a lot of people who will be shutting down their indoor ops for the summer so it should not be too difficult to find a place to run the males for pollen. I have a full month before I have any females flowering that could be wrecked by a virile male in the zone... should be enough time to sex em, yeah?

what makes c-99xPC into "double" pineapple cough? what am i missing?

P

planty

oh you know people say C99 has pineappleyness to it and the pineapple cough

nomaad

Veteran
good to know... I am just starting to learn about the C99. I had my choice of a wide variety of Dutchgrown's C99 crosses and the C99 F2's... thought I would start from the beginning so to speak. Thanks to Payaso for the generosity.

running late for the GKG cup! oops.

good to know... I am just starting to learn about the C99. I had my choice of a wide variety of Dutchgrown's C99 crosses and the C99 F2's... thought I would start from the beginning so to speak.

One thing I can tell you if you don't already know, is that true C99 from Brothers Grimm seedstock or an F2 cross of that seedstock WILL NOT HERM under any circumstances that I have ever seen.

I have been growing the same cut since 2001 and have accidentally done some very evil things to the breed occasionally and have never seen it throw nanners and as far as I know I have never produced a single seed in my C99 monocrop grow.

Its badass weed and my buddies don't want anything else.

stagehand

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also think you will be real happy with the C99 I have been around the boards for ages and don't think I have read a bad thing about em. Hermies outside I find are real rare. But also with em being so big sometimes its also hard to spot too. But best wishes on the garden this year. And your Greenhouse kicks ass man.

ThcInfused

thats one hell of a greenhouse... looking very good so far, and i dont think you have much to worry about with hermies

Latest posts

Latest posts