What's new

should I be afraid to go to a grow store?

G0d5hand

Hello I have an odd question: should i be afraid or know anything special about shopping at a grow shop? I have heard several people on these forums talk about not going to these types of store out of security concerns. Should I be worried? I need to go to get a good fan and cannot seem to find one anywhere else. any advice?

also want to get some good nutes and was wondering what are a couple of good brands or products.

I actually just had this conversation with my local hydro store owner... it actually isn't out of the realm of possibility that a lazy narc would watch/follow customers although this is technically against the law and grounds for a lawsuit by the hydrostore. I wouldn't recommend coming out with loads of lights and fans etc but I don't think the bag of nutrients should be a problem.

ReeferRon

Dude I dont know where you are but around here buying fans is perfectly legal. I completely understand your paranoia but dont you think it should be more... realistic.

Guess my point being, I've been growing for twenty-five years and have yet to see someone busted for buying gear from the grow shop.

Loose lips are the sinkers of ships in this game. Quiet is kept and all is groovy.

Neuronaut

I would atleast drive someone elses car if yours is registered to the grow house and the further away the store the better. We've had some issues with grow store related bust in my area. I personally feel safer using the net and having it shipped to a safe address.

id rather go there than have it shipped to my house:2cents:

but ive seen people loading up brand new vans (white w/black windows)
with lights, trays, nutes ect spending $,$$$

to me that seems light risky. hi follow me home to a brand new large scale grow op.:moon: id be driving in circles looking for tails. lol

Dude I dont know where you are but around here buying fans is perfectly legal. I completely understand your paranoia but dont you think it should be more... realistic.

Guess my point being, I've been growing for twenty-five years and have yet to see someone busted for buying gear from the grow shop.

Loose lips are the sinkers of ships in this game. Quiet is kept and all is groovy.

It's called California and it's actually happened more than a few times. Being "realistic" is understanding that there is, if in fact a small risk, a risk none the less.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
hrmmm. deal. any one recommend some decent nutes ?
General Hydroponics FloraNova all the way!

As for grow store security. I actually feel safer ordering online. All the grow shops I went to in Nevada had undercover writing down license plates. (This was a daily thing for years)

Personally I won't go in one ever, until fed laws change.
Your milage may vary.

B

BURNING SKY

If you are concerned with your growing, lets say in a not so safe area where thiefs could follow you home and later rob you of your hidden oasis and other people would not want you to be growing say in these certain areas then i would carefully follw what i am about to tell to.
Here are the steps to the Hydro store. I understand your paranoia but it is just cause for concern. Paranoia is an induced gut feeling to me...

1. Always Always use a different car. Not a different car every time but at least change it up.
2. Always adjust your appearance. I wouldnt say a holloween mask, but a long sleeve shirt to hide any identifiable marks. Hats are good if worn low can hide 1/2 the face. Glasses scream I am hiding something especially worn indoors. Wigs are crazy. Just take basic precaution. Common sense.
3. The people in the store arent your friend. Dont give them hints towards what your garden of choice is. For all you know John Doe at the store has a brother looking for some goods leads to get him a bust and some rank promotion. Loose lips come from anywhere and they dont sink ships they cost thousands and life times.
4. Know what you need get it and leave.
5. keep your eye out while leaving for any suspicious people keeping there eye out on the store.
6. The long way home is the safe way home. never drive straight home. Or to your opp site. Go to another store and burn some time. Drive around and keep your eye on your mirrors for any suspicious vehicle trailing you.

Here is a story that is not fictional in anyway and can happen to you. It wont because you will read this along with many others and hopefully show more concern if you are growing in an area i have above mentioned.

A friend of mine lets say his name is Jack... Jack was a good guy who never caused any harm. I have known Jack since we were kids and he has always been able to drop anything to help me or anyone else. He's the guy who doesnt just give a bum change he would give him his pay check to make a difference. Now Jack served in our beloved United States Military and Served his country in time of combat and need. Jack also has a 3 year old daughter now and a loving wife who he see's once a week. You see Jack Told me there was nothing to worry about with the Hydro store because it is unlawfull for a person of the law to follow him home and bust him. Jack is not a commercial grower, he is simply a medicinal user who grows a few strains to keep the demons at bay. While in Combat Jack suffered many injuries both mental and physical. When Jack returned home they said this is wrong with you and this is going to happen if you dont do this and take this to help this with that. Jack didnt believe this but he did notice he was angry alot and thought Cannabis would help eleviate this symptom and help his marriage. Jack contacted me and we contstructed medicinal lab 1 We will say in his basement. 10 plants and all the cures of god. Long Story short a Gentleman Followed my good friend home when he left the Hydro Store on a late evening in 2008 before the store closed. The Gentleman later arranged for his friends and himself to rob my good friend. Lucky enough when these men broke into his house Jacks wife and Daughter were with him joining me for a dinner reservation. Little did Jack know he would come home to a house full of police and a neighbor saying sorry. You see the neighbor noticed some men climb through a window at around 9:45pm and called the police. The police responded so fast they caught the men in the act and also discovered a Cannabis medical lab. My good Friend Jack will be released later in July of this year after loosing 6 months of his life. Some would say light sentence. I say any sentence is to long.

Good Luck to you my friend and I hope all your dreams come true. Stay safe and Stay free... Burning Sky

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
There are many legal reasons to go into a grow store as well

Lots of people grow their garden plants inside during winter, then transplant them in spring.

Absolutely nothing illegal with being in a grow(hydroponics) store.

JoJoDancer

Cops would be watching the grow store peeps before any customers. They're the ones with all the equipment to reek havoc.

jtk707

Plan ahead

Plan ahead

I like to only have to go to the gshop once a run . I also go to a shop with roll up doors so no one has to see what i get . Rent a car if you feel safer just dont go to the gshop every week peace:joint::joint:

D

DJXXPLATINUM

i go to worms way and it is a brewery supply store also, so i make a little wine too!!!its awesome!!!peace djxx

ganjalove

All i have to say is don't be afraid. there are a bunch of different reasons you could be in a hydro shop i remember the first visit to the hydro store ha don't worry just be cautious when walking out with multiple lights and scrubbers and gallons of nutrients

btown

so me and my buddy left the shop and about a mile down the road from the shop a unmarked cruiser pulled us over and charged us with conspiracy(not even a seed was found) i was out on bail at the time so i lost 60 days.....but they took all of our equipment(around $3000) and 3500 in cash from me and $4000 from him.....the charges were dismissed but i still lost 3500 and the equipment for nothing....the grow store cannot be trusted, try and get someone else to go for you and then have them keep the stuff over night just to make sure no one followed him......and always go alone they cannot charge one person with conspiracy because you cannot conspire with yourself......anyways i'd rather not relive this anymore than i have to but if i can keep someone else from going through any of this i feel obligated too.

79towncar

One person can be charged with conspiracy.. I know many people who got arrested alone with drugs and got charged with "conspiracy to distribute". They could also charge you with, "conspiracy to manufacture/dispence/distribute" if you were arrested comming from a grow shop. But you are right in which the law states. Now one person cannot just be charged with "conspiracy". The law states :18 U.S.C. 371 makes it a separate Federal crime or offense for anyone to conspire or agree with someone else to do something which, if actually carried out, would amount to another Federal crime or offense. So, under this law, a 'conspiracy' is an agreement or a kind of 'partnership' in criminal purposes in which each member becomes the agent or partner of every other member:
But i do know many people charged with, "conspiracy to distribute", and "conspiracy to manufacture/distribute/dispence". I'm not actually sure what makes the 2 different but i will look into it. To get back on topic.... Grow stores are not very smart places 2 visit in my opinion. I rather go to a normal home and garden center. Also its wise never to purchass a big order at once at any visit, that raises red flags. The people at the grow stores are not your friends. They have police visiting them all the time asking for infomation about there clients. These people are on the fringes of the law themselves acording to most police. Its better to order online and avoid these places altogether.

BONUS BAG

thats crazy btown sorry to here that,i dont see how they would no what your doing.all the hydro store stuff can be used for many different plants and was it in your back seat.they need a warrant for the trunk and glovebox,did you have a licence

Latest posts

Latest posts