What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with growing space/pot size

StefaLat80

Hi all!

I will start soon a new project in a closet. The environment is divided in two separate space, each about 40"L x 20"W x 49"H. Considering pot heigh, distance from Led lights etc. I will have around 20" for the maximum plants height.

Was looking for a 6,5lt sq pot. (1,7gal.) i can fit 8 of them each room, leaving a bit of space in between and around.

Is this size of pot ok for the size i need?

Was wandering for a SOG turning on flowering when around 8" tall.

Soil will be 80%coco 20% perlite.

Strains, GSC in one room and sweet zkittlez in the other.

Thank you for any help provide!

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never grown SOG before. But I have been on this site and watched a lot of really good growers grow some amazing SOG gardens in small cabinets. (Palindrome comes to mind. You can find his thread here )

I think your plan is solid. You might be able to pack them in there a bit tighter, but am not 100%.

Poke around this site for SOG grows, and read and read. Eventually you'll be able to figure out what works well, what kind of works in specific situations, and what is flat out malarkey.

And start a diary. The more people we have sharing ideas the better this site becomes.

Good luck! :tiphat:

StefaLat80

Thank you so much for your encouragement and i'll look for the thread you gave me.

I am the one who likes to try get the best out of things,and i read a lot before putting toghether this idea.

Definitely i will do a kind of diary of the entire growth.
��

StefaLat80

Any other idea guys?
Maybr better 60%coco and 40% perlite for more roots oxygen circulation? But with 1,7 gal pot, then i will need to water even more then one a day eventually?
Lots of things in mind.... ��

Wendull C.

Veteran
No, coco drains well enough on it's own, especially with 20% perlite.

If you are going sea of green you may want to use a bed or 1 gallon pots and get as many single cola plants as you can in there. The brd only needs to be 6" deep.

For reference I just needed a fast turn around on a small 4 lighter at my buddies to help him get capital to move. I put 40 plants per 4x4 tray . You will need to trim all the bottoms very good and exfoliate a bit but I got 1.75 pounds a light for him.

Easy trimming all dominant tops too. I should mention this was with blue dream. So pick your strains correctly. Don't try that with a strain that doesn't produce donkey dick colas. Hope this helps.

StefaLat80

My only concern about using a 1gal pot, is about being very tight. I can fit 2 more pot, they are 6" instead of the 7" for 1,7gal.
But like this i have to go touching the walls with the pots. It is going to be fine?

StefaLat80

Sorry made a mistake....
Actually i could fit a 3rd line of pots, so 3 lines of 5 for a total of 15 pots, but really there will be not any space in between/aroun pots.