What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do girls have a lower tolerance..?

A

arcticsun

RockyMountainHi said:
or is it women generally tend to raise men's blood pressure?

I vote for the latter

:laughing: im sorry to all women for being up in your forum with this but HAHA good one. :laughing:

ontopic.. kalle, should not women have a higher tolenrance because they have a higher body fat % then men?

i would suggest that the fact that men are bigger overall is the reason, but that women actually have a higher tolerance if the woman and the man are equal in weight.

there are other factors ofcourse like the motabolism... activity level, do you have a physical job/exercize etc..

im out of your forum now lol bb <3

Last edited:

Rose56

I have always had high tolerance to everything. Last year when they needed to preform an endoscope (camera and tube down your throat to look in your stomach) they gave me 100mg of demeral and I was awake the whole time. I can take 3-5 cannacaps and still function.

Rose56

Jenn, At least I was high enough not to care that I was awake and I was able to go to the movies and dinner afterwards without any problems. The tranquilizers they give you before surgery doesn't work either....sigh.

S

SmokeToLive

Whenever I am actually smoking with people, which doesn't happen often, I never see a difference. The girls and the guys will smoke so long as it is getting passed around. I think it just comes down to the individual person. I have a higher tolerance than most people I know.

Croissant

I think guys feel more pressure to keep smoking and thus build a tolerance faster. Also I think that more guys smoke than gals for whatever reasons so the combination of those two factors make for more guys with a high tolerance.

lordbudly

Veteran
I think its more of a weight thing, most women are smaller then men, and women usually have lower total body fat ( which i think without the fat to store it, it goes to their head :p)

love?

I used to date a girl that could smoke a bunch and was barely affected. It wasn't because of tolerance either because she didn't smoke very often.

So I'm prone to believe differences between individuals are far greater than between genders.

accessndx

&#9835;All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
ROFL! She may have just succumbed to "the vapors":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_hysteria

fainting_couch.jpg

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
My ex had some NOXIOUS vapors, but I was 40 before I knew women farted.

and she was blonde

I think its more of a weight thing, most women are smaller then men, and women usually have lower total body fat ( which i think without the fat to store it, it goes to their head :p)

in terms of percentages the average woman actually has MORE body fat than men...I don't think the body fat theory holds water.
Muscle mass is usually greater in men though, as is total body mass, this would go further in explaining a theoretical lower tolerance in women in the same way it does alcohol.

godsamartian13

yeah it depends on the person and how much they smoke personally. me and my friends had a smoking an ounce in a day challenge and the lady won. so maybe its the boys who have lower tolerance.

Nayxio

its not about the tolerance... low blood pressure? that can make you faint right there. pot speeds up the heart beat, so you can have a rise of blood pressure which can make it in-turn drop and there you go, you faint. potentially deadly scenario too, don't let it happen often.

Mrs. Swamp

I do believe that it is all depending on the person. I am female, and I can smoke ALOT :joint: with no problems at all. I have never had any problems, other than I may smoke myself stupid at times, due to the high quality herb that I'm tokin' on :woohoo:

dkmonk

I was at a party once, and our local weed dealer came by so he rolled like 2 blunts, double paper blunts so there was over a 1/4 in each blunt, at first there was like 6 heads on it, but you know at a party it doesnt take long before there is like 14 wanting a toke.

About halfway through this one kid probably about 16 or 17 was looking a little funny and a girl beside him got up and walk past him, and literally i think the breeze from her walking made him pass out just like a bored falling backward and he hit his head on the piano, funniest thing i have seen in my life (he wasnt hurt at all) He didnt drink anything or smoke anything before that either.

Cone Head

In my observations over the years I have noticed some things. Many of the female smokers I have encountered seem to become self conscious about being high in social situations and seem to fight it. Or put better try and retain an order of normality at all costs while the males are saying oddball things and commenting on how entirely ripped they are the females are all talking amongst each in exactly the same manner as they would if they were completly straight giving the impression that there not very high. I cant seem to remember a female saying "I am so ******* stoned right now, I dont know what the **** is going on :giggle:" Anyone else noticed this?

M

movingtocally

Perhaps girls have a slightly altered darwinian mechanism that tells them to "hold on" to "reality"? Something of a psychological thing rooted in physical insecurity?

Or maybe that's the dumbest fucking thing ever. Just a thought. Upon further review, I'm thinking the latter.

zenonzyta01

Hello,

I am male 29 years old, i am agree with ur discussion, according to me 75% girls have a lower tolerance. Just i am talking about my wife, she is 27 years old. she can't live without food after 5-6 hours, she gets blood pressure problem if she trying to hungree along 7 to 8 years in a day, while we mans can do it.

Latest posts

Latest posts