What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Sativa Seed Club - Friesland Indica (M33)

gorilla ganja

Very well said OldSSSCGuy.

CO2 will definitely increase growth, if everything else is on point. If there is a weak link in the chain it can stress them. Just as strong light will stress a plant if not enough water/air/nutrients are available.

I guess there are really 5 things every grower tries to control.

Air, light, water, Nutrients/PH, temperature
:watchplant:
We can give the plants perfect amounts on any one of the above, but if another 1 of the 5 is out of balance it can actually be harmful.

Up to a point, heat will increase growth dramatically as well. The difference between 10C - 50F and 20C - 68F I would bet is about double in plant growth rates.

Peace GG

HerbChambers

Anyone still running Friesland or any Fries crosses? I noticed kwikseeds has some Friesland kept pure from sssc stock listed on the site. Anyone grown out any of this newer stock? It would be nice to find something reminiscent of the Jerry Berry that would come around the northeast in the 90s.

BlackBart

Veteran
I have three going at the moment . I just planted them in to there big pots a few days ago so there looking a little sparse but they will fill in and I will post picks as they mature .

They have a very piney lime smell to them in veg .

I grew this cultivar in 85-86 from the S.S.S.C and liked the way she performed . I think there might be some sativa in there but not really sure .

Attachments

• Friesland Indica.jpg
    Friesland Indica.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 153

BlackBart

Veteran
I have two that are in flower and a third not far behind . She's fast and has a sickly sweet pine smell to her

Attachments

• Friesland Indica.jpg
    Friesland Indica.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Friesland Flower.jpg
    Friesland Flower.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 114

rolandomota

Veteran
Yea nice to hear about the pine in early flower I got some going from kwikseeds too but mine won't be ready untill next year

BlackBart

Veteran
Thank you she smells like brown sugar and pine I'm drying a few bottom buds and will let you know what I think . She still has a bit to go, cloudy resin with a little amber

Thank you she smells like brown sugar and pine I'm drying a few bottom buds and will let you know what I think . She still has a bit to go, cloudy resin with a little amber

Did you bring those big trees down yet BlackBart? Hows the effect profile of this strain? I've got the ErdPurt x Friesland going now.

Best

rolandomota

Veteran
What I'm wondering is when will they back in stock mine died damn it fucking bugs man they are almost gone thankfully fungus gnats bastards I have at least 1 but damn these bugs messed me up big time I killed off a bunch of new genetics damn it fucking ptk gone Freakshow nearly gone out of fucking 84 seeds 6 good damn it my pockets are hurting bad
Theirs light at the end of the bug tunnel I'm definitely an expert bug killer now

cannaloop

BlackBart and anyone else that grew these. Talk about leaving you hanging here lol! Please tell us how the Friesland from Kwikseeds/RSC turned out. Would you recommend them? I would PM, but I don't have enough cred on this site to do so.

BlackBart

Veteran
I ended up with two that had very larphy buds an two that came out pretty good . The earliest phenotype was the best sticky stinky and good high . The two in between sucked and did not have much of a resin content . The fourth plant ended up finishing the first week of Oct and had small hard buds with a good high . All I can say is try them but don't expect them to be stable

cannaloop

Thanks for the response and the good info! 👍Hopefully a mother can be cloned and kept somehow, as that would make it more feasible - I'm guessing they are easy to trigger though and you may find yourself battling to keep them in veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts