What's new

Sittin in my shed....

Cuddles

NO NO N

NO! So

NO NO! You missunderstand.i didn't word that right.i meant my grandpa said English people are very polite and I was saying lots of people in the US are very rude.Sorry! My bad! But yeah we could learn a thing or two about the English! Sorry I didn't word it right.im pretty buzzed!
lol, I meet rude and unfriendly people almost each time I leave the flat.

sorry, I didn´t realize you´re totally stoned :biglaugh: but I guess this is inevitable on a forum about weed! I know because I´ve posted on forums whilst being not-so-sober myself too :biggrin:

Cuddles

Im having technical difficulties over here. Must be the storms brewing up. I cant seem to get my phone and computer to type right.

ANYWAY what i meant to say was people here dont really offer anything and its a pain in the ass to even ask for water. It seems to be a lost art to be a good host. Although i guess with the times i cant blame people. It might even be a bad move to drink or eat anything from someone you dont know nowadays.

But i was just honestly curious how the tea etiquette is over there. Sorry for confusion! If someone came to my house or vice versa and i offered them tea they would think something is up or aint right! lol just saying
PS I don´t know about a tea etiquette as such. But I was never invited over to a tea ceremony whilst in England like the ones they have in Japan,lol
Most brits I know are not the fancy type. I only hung out with the `commoners´,lol

The tea ´ ceremony´ was always like this:
-fancy a cuppa?
-yes please.
-sugar, milk ?
-me: just sugar thanks

- put kettle on, throw the bag into a mug, pour hot water on it, tea bag out and
-there you go.
me: cheers :)

30 minutes later:
fancy going for quick pint?
sure! let´s go :)

Like I said though, I guess it depends on the people, the occasion etc.

Cuddles

All my outdoor plants get a weekly watering using dandelion tea. I use a 1:10 ratio.
I only know about stinging nettle tea but not dandelion tea used on other plants. Does the dandelion just provide ferts for the weed plants or do they also keep away pests -apparantly the nettle tea helps in this respect.

shithawk420

Veteran
PS I don´t know about a tea etiquette as such. But I was never invited over to a tea ceremony whilst in England like the ones they have in Japan,lol
Most brits I know are not the fancy type. I only hung out with the `commoners´,lol

The teOia ´ ceremony´ was always like this:
-fancy a cuppa?
-yes please.
-sugar, milk ?
-me: just sugar thanks

- put kettle on, throw the bag into a mug, pour hot water on it, tea bag out and
-there you go.
me: cheers :)

30 minutes later:
fancy going for quick pint?
sure! let´s go :)

Like I said though, I guess it depends on the people, the occasion etc.
Well at least they offer a cup of bleeding tea! You could be dying of thirst here and they wont sooner piss on ya in some parts! No i was always of the mindset to offer a drink because its supposed to be proper but people are just rude. Didnt know a bleeding cup of water was a big deal! LOL

Cuddles

Well at least they offer a cup of bleeding tea! You could be dying of thirst here and they wont sooner piss on ya in some parts! No i was always of the mindset to offer a drink because its supposed to be proper but people are just rude. Didnt know a bleeding cup of water was a big deal! LOL
bloody hell, just where the hell do you live?? no, you don´t actually have to tell but it might be good to know which town not to visit!

... some people are just raised by people who don´t have manners either, I know what you mean.

mr.brunch

Veteran
:)

how´s your little girl doing today - any better or the same. Hope the doc had some positive news.
Thanks for asking mate, she’s feeling better in herself but still got that cough , and afterwards she can’t breathe and needs the inhaler. This is the main worry in sending her back to school - last week she wen back for a day and they sent her to P.E without the inhaler… I’ve been on the phone with them for the last few days trying to arrange a plan.
Fingers crossed

Cuddles

Thanks for asking mate, she’s feeling better in herself but still got that cough , and afterwards she can’t breathe and needs the inhaler. This is the main worry in sending her back to school - last week she wen back for a day and they sent her to P.E without the inhaler… I’ve been on the phone with them for the last few days trying to arrange a plan.
Fingers crossed
is this like an asthma inhaler? If she´s all plegmed up then I really do suggest you try out some lungwort tea quickly. Am + PM at least. The stuff really works wonders even if you´re not full of the stuff. It also promotes blood flow to the lungs which means you get more oxygen.
It only costs a few quid too :)
It´ll also come in handy should you ever get a cold ;)

Timj

I only know about stinging nettle tea but not dandelion tea used on other plants. Does the dandelion just provide ferts for the weed plants or do they also keep away pests -apparantly the nettle tea helps in this respect.
I don't believe it does anything in respect to repelling insects. I use it as a soil drench. It does provide nutrients to the plants. My plants always respond in a positive manner.
I have tried most of the KNF tonics and find making Dandelion teas easier for my outdoor plants. I have made nettles teas and comfrey and like the fact I don't need gloves for the dandelion tea and the smell doesn't stick to you like comfrey tea does. I also make my own Fish hydrolysate from fish I catch from our pond.

shithawk420

Veteran
bloody hell, just where the hell do you live?? no, you don´t actually have to tell but it might be good to know which town not to visit!

... some people are just raised by people who don´t have manners either, I know what you mean.
I live in regular city.Davenport IA.actually a lot better than most.most places have junkies on the streets and lots of gun violence.there isn't much here.i actually live pretty close to the Mississippi River about 5 miles.should show you my pics.maybe another thread. But yeah these cities have gone to shit. Don't travel alone.i live pretty well compared to the rest of the country but I had to move 8 times to get here

Cuddles

I live in regular city.Davenport IA.actually a lot better than most.most places have junkies on the streets and lots of gun violence.there isn't much here.i actually live pretty close to the Mississippi River about 5 miles.should show you my pics.maybe another thread. But yeah these cities have gone to shit. Don't travel alone.i live pretty well compared to the rest of the country but I had to move 8 times to get here
I was always under the immmpression that Iowa is calm and nothing ever happens. I always thought - lots of farms, agriculture, peace and calm, - totally boring in fact. But this paints a shockingly different picture, and a very sad one too. :(
But drug addicts all over the streets and gun violence is the exact opposite of the image I had !
Who´s doing anything about this?

Living so close to the Mississippi must be really nice though, going fishing and so on -nice :)
Hey if you get fed up for good you can always move to England, Italy..., just don´t come to a european country arriving in a boat, lol
Or get on a boat and go down the Mississippi ;) Are you still living in your burn-out house?