What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hedge Funds seethe as commoners cash in

Green Squall

I didn't put much in and sold at $180. I guess I'm not much of a risk taker, although I'm still holding a bit of NOK and AMC.

packerfan79

Veteran
I'd have to try the seeds first before I could agree with that sentiment.

I am not buying any seeds anytime soon, but I support fellow ICMAGGERS in their capitalist ventures.

I find it quite ironic, that a site full of people who grow and slang weed, can also be full of people opposed to capitalism. I don't grow weed to make friends, I grow weed to make money. Same reason I get up at 3 am and go to work.

No matter how you try to twist it money makes the world go round. Money may not make you happy, but being depressed in a benz is better for being depressed on a bicycle.

Badfishy1

I didn't put much in and sold at $180. I guess I'm not much of a risk taker, although I'm still holding a bit of NOK and AMC.

Well played. Hope you made a bit! Only risk what you can lose. Interested to see how much (not so organic) volatility the market shows until close today.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Jeez - this capitalism looks like fun - can someone send the short-bus around for me - to take me to the stock exchange so that I can figure it all out? -

<makes a bamboozled face>

igrowone

Veteran
fascinating to say the least
what we have here is a public form of pump and dump
one of the older stock market techniques from the days of old
a cabal would buy some stock, put out some rumors and make a fortune
highly illegal if done in secret according to current stock regulations
do it in public? well that's a new one
new regulations will follow in the normal scheme

Badfishy1

‘Public form of pump and dump’- CNBC talking point. Always amazing how the true problem is left out of such a narrative. The reason this situation is where it is is because of massive shorts by FAT CATS NOT retail traders. Once again the small guy (retail traders) become scapegoat for risky trades done by ‘professionals’.

igrowone

Veteran
‘Public form of pump and dump’- CNBC talking point. Always amazing how the true problem is left out of such a narrative. The reason this situation is where it is is because of massive shorts by FAT CATS NOT retail traders. Once again the small guy (retail traders) become scapegoat for risky trades done by ‘professionals’.
and what do retail traders want to be?
many of them want to be fat cats
it's only unfair because they're the little guys, the poor guys
aka whining
if fats cats were doing this behind closed doors you'd be wanting to see them hang
not saying there aren't screw jobs aplenty out there
but if this became a common practice the markets would melt down

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
- Jeez - this capitalism looks like fun - can someone send the short-bus around for me - to take me to the stock exchange so that I can figure it all out? -

<makes a bamboozled face>

Check out WallStreetBets on Reddit.

The Monopoly man doesn't like getting beat at his own game.

Badfishy1

and what do retail traders want to be?
many of them want to be fat cats
it's only unfair because they're the little guys, the poor guys
aka whining
if fats cats were doing this behind closed doors you'd be wanting to see them hang
not saying there aren't screw jobs aplenty out there
but if this became a common practice the markets would melt down

Imagine thinking this ISN’T what is being done behind closed doors every single fucking day... imagine thinking the ‘professionals’ are some kind of stand up guys in suits just trying to stack a few shekels. Good job paying attention to CNBC market analysts this morning. The only talking point you left out was the ‘economic insurrection’. Going to have to give you a B- for today, had you gotten in ‘economic insurrection’, I would have given the A

Edit: no, most retail traders know their roll. ‘Let me give you $13b of someone else’s money to recklessly gamble on’. ‘Oh you fucked up your hedge fund? Take another $5b to keep you afloat’ -offers never heard to a retail trader.

igrowone

Veteran
Imagine thinking this ISN’T what is being done behind closed doors every single fucking day... imagine thinking the ‘professionals’ are some kind of stand up guys in suits just trying to stack a few shekels. Good job paying attention to CNBC market analysts this morning. The only talking point you left out was the ‘economic insurrection’. Going to have to give you a B- for today, had you gotten in ‘economic insurrection’, I would have given the A

Edit: no, most retail traders know their roll. ‘Let me give you $13b of someone else’s money to recklessly gamble on’. ‘Oh you fucked up your hedge fund? Take another $5b to keep you afloat’ -offers never heard to a retail trader.
right
and the solution is to undo the current regulatory footprint on stock manipulation
you might get back at the big dogs some
but it will be the little guys who get the real pain
this is not speculation, a long and clear history what happens in unregulated markets
inflationary bubbles followed by large pops
if there is no or little fundamental valuation behind a stock price
then the retail investor will bail, they have no choice
they can't afford the wild swings

edit: and by the way I didn't read the cnbc article or listen to their analysis
you don't need to if you understand some fundamental economics

Cannavore

Veteran
Just curious. Don't you actively participate in the free market, selling seeds?

I completely support you in your venture. I hope you make many millions of dollars.

Markets predate capitalism. The "free market" is an illusion. Name a time in US history in which we've had a free market.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Once Melvin is on the hook......

"Now, IF this happens, then it's not gonna take Melvin Capital 1 hour to cover all their shorts, but DAYS. Meaning if Melvin capital starts covering FRIDAY, it will take them at LEAST 5 DAYS to fully cover, which means ALL of next week, the price will keep increasing and increasing! So realistically I'd say Weds or Thurs next week might be peak sell time, IF the covering starts Friday. No need to panic sell. No need to worry about a top that lasts for minutes. It will LAST FOR DAYS!!!!!"

Badfishy1

right
and the solution is to undo the current regulatory footprint on stock manipulation
you might get back at the big dogs some
but it will be the little guys who get the real pain
this is not speculation, a long and clear history what happens in unregulated markets
inflationary bubbles followed by large pops
if there is no or little fundamental valuation behind a stock price
then the retail investor will bail, they have no choice
they can't afford the wild swings

edit: and by the way I didn't read the cnbc article or listen to their analysis
you don't need to if you understand some fundamental economics

Which you obviously don’t. But good job licking them corporate boots there. You liberals have big corporations so far down your throat you can’t even figure out what is beard and what is ball hair when you scratch your chins

igrowone

Veteran
Which you obviously don’t. But good job licking them corporate boots there. You liberals have big corporations so far down your throat you can’t even figure out what is beard and what is ball hair when you scratch your chins
when economic arguments fail, personal insults are the go to
some angry men just stay angry, there's not much you can do for them
just leave them be

Latest posts

Latest posts