What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dawgy style gardening with ponocrookedbrah

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iamoregone

hey y'all just pruned my light dep girls and wanted to share my method, learned here on ic and maybe tweaked a lil by me. i'm not claiming this is the best way to do it, just the way i do it. feel free to join in with tips and comments. i begin by bending and tying down my main tip for a few weeks. during this time i will remove the inner large fans that are blocking light. i will only remove 1 fan every few days, i dont want to stress my chicks. then when my chicks are around 6 to 8 weeks old i will untie the lead tip, they should be bushed up nicely now. now i carefully prune the top 2 to 3 nodes, depending on the space between nodes. i leave them untied from this point on and watch them turn into shrubs. my full season plants i will use the same tech, but instead prune 4 to 5 nodes. discuss.....
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I

iamoregone

just want to add these will veg for another 5 to 6 weeks before i force bloom

castout

Veteran
those are some vigorous looking plants!!!!!! they are prolly gonna be beasts when you flower them....pulling up a chair!

B

bajangreen

Those plants look very nice!! I can tell they continue growing immediately after the topping, but can you tell us why you take 2+ nodes at a time? Why not "pinch out" only the growing tip, I would think that the plant would recover faster because the actual amount of plant matter taken from the plant is less = less stress, or do you find it works better this way for you?

Can you tell me what size pots your using and how long you got the plant in there before you start to tie down.

And the strain.

So far you set up looks killer.......

I

iamoregone

im trying to let the bottom branches overtake the main stem. then those branches will begin to weigh themselves down and out as they grow, resulting in the bush/tree. i began training those as soon as they went into the 2 gall bags, about a month ago.

B

bajangreen

Nice technique, so you don't use any cages for support or anything? do you hit the main stem at all? i see you have done some cleaning out of the inside leaves too.

I

iamoregone

oh yes the first cage will go on in a few days, now if i had them made and ready. then a wrap with hortinova in another month or so.

I

iamoregone

hey cast i put them on a couple of days after transplanting, they are starting to take off. these pics were from a few days ago i will take some more today. i got a lil carried away dawgy style...
picture.php
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts