Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > What am I doing wrong ?? (Pics)

Thread Title Search
What am I doing wrong ?? (Pics) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 AM #1
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
What am I doing wrong ?? (Pics)

Have done a fair amount of reading on this (10 Hours) but maybe not enough, so figured I would ask before diving back in for another 10 hours!

Im trying to make a shatter consistency and can't get it clear and hard.

So I made BHO, blasted into the dish, let it evaporate until it looked like this

Then I scraped it and dropped it on to parchment paper

Then I put it in my vacuum chamber. Turned on the vacuum with no heating till it muffin'd and then opened the valve and let it deflate. After this it wouldn't muffin again doing the same thing. So then I turned on the heating mat, and brought it to full vac. 26.5 it says on the gauge, and my atmosphere is 27.5 here so basically full vac. Temp reached 110F. I had to open valves and measure with infrared thermometer laser gun. and then seal again. turn vac on. this was the progression it went through over the course of 24 hours.

Is there a crucial step I missed or did wrong or why is this happening. It looked like it was going to turn into shatter but then muddied and dried up and ended up like crumble again which I was getting before i got the vacuum chamber pump kit !
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 08-25-2017, 01:25 AM #2
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
Final Result. No Good! I would have gotten more of a clear sap shatter texture had I done just BHO and 1 hour purge without a vacuum chamber than whatever this is!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:43 AM #3
HWY36

HWY36 will become famous soon enough
Looks like oil from old/shitty material. What strain?
HWY36 is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2017, 02:40 AM #4
PaulieWaulie

Yeah its not high quality flower. It is LARF from a variety of strains and plants from female seeds. Pure AK, Special Skunk,Sexbud,Bluieberry Cheesecake. Ive been yielding 11%. The material is 3-4 months old. Very dry and I blend it up and pack it tight in the tube. I do remove all sugar leaves fan leaves and stems so just crystally bud.

Ive never thought that this might be related to the quality. It always looks good after I blast it.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:49 AM #5
resinryder
Rubbing my glands together

resinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivor
You scraped it instead of pouring it. When I scrape the dish to get out the last bit I put it on separate parchment paper and it turns out like this on occassion. Scrapping kimda whips it up. Not sure the tech term for it. When I pour it its always smooth and clear
Heat is about 5 degrees higher than I run
Did you run frozen trim, buds or whatever and use frozen butane?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even on a canna board.
resinryder is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2017, 02:54 AM #6
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
Have you tried it? how was it?

I chill my solvent and winterise before distilling the solvent back into its jar and mine comes out clear yellow. Ive never tried making it into shatter but maybe those things might help? i don't know, I'm asking really.
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 AM #7
PaulieWaulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by resinryder View Post
You scraped it instead of pouring it. When I scrape the dish to get out the last bit I put it on separate parchment paper and it turns out like this on occassion. Scrapping kimda whips it up. Not sure the tech term for it. When I pour it its always smooth and clear
Heat is about 5 degrees higher than I run
Did you run frozen trim, buds or whatever and use frozen butane?
Well aren't you supposed to let it heat purge until fairly dry before moving to parchment paper ? So how would you pour that ? I would say that I don't even let mine dry as much as i have seen most people do before transfer to parchment. All I can think is that 110F is too high, even though thats what everyone says, they even say 115-120, so I really thought I was on the safe side.

The buds are completely dry, stems removed then grinded into powder, then frozen, freeze butane cans too, and blast in cold garage around 15C

Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 PM #8
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
Looks like older material and a lot of wax. How was it extracted?

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:30 PM #9
blastfrompast

blastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to allblastfrompast is a name known to all
Ur blending in the food processor extra dry........and ur scraping...

Are u using tane that has been cooled?
blastfrompast is offline Quote

Old 08-25-2017, 08:34 PM #10
bigganjabud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
Looks like older material and a lot of wax. How was it extracted?
My old friend I was literally about to suggest a read through your sections and threads