What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My spot got robbed

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Just came home tonight to find a couple doors kicked in/smashed in. Assholes must have broken in while I was at work.
Very few people know where I live, so It was probably someone very close, a friend of someone close, or someone just scopng my house.

Very odd stuff. Looks like they tossed the place lookin for cash. Took my seedstash, which included 3000+ autoflower seeds, some nice old stock, about 500 Manitoba Medicine, and the remainder of my pure purple autoflower seeds, only about 60)

They also took most of the visible quart jars full of weed laying around. Joke is, most was over a year old, and pretty bunk. Had been trying to figure out how to get rid of it for a while.

They took a high value item that was pocket size, but left all my smoking devices, some sports equipment, tvs, and, a bunch of plant starts, even though they ripped open the tents.

They oddly left a mini jar under the table with a 1/2O in it, and looks like they dropped a couple packs of my rolling papers in the yard, on the way out.

Dumbass(es) broke through 2 exterior and 2 interior doors to get in, when they only really had to break through 1. That's why I think it might've been more than one person.

I don't know if they took so little because they came on foot, and maybe planning to come back later?
Maybe it was targeted, and they knew I had the seeds. Only 2 people in the world who knew though, so it narrows that down quick.

Movin some valuables out of the place in the morning. Gonna bury some jars that they missed. Hope to have cameras and new deadbolts in by the weekend.

I didn't file a police report, thinking that they'd wanna cruise through my house.

Thoughts?

That really sucks man, I suppose they didn't get much so THAT aspect could be worse... But what sucks the most is that it happened, and now your spot is marked.

Of the 2 people who you said know, either one (or both of them) opened their mouths. Or, if they know each other, they may have done it together - but that's unlikely. They probably told the wrong person and that person robbed you.

First things first - those two people who know about your grow cannot be trusted. Secondly, you had complete strangers in your house. They now know about your growing, and if they're drug addicts or criminals (which it clearly sounds like), they won't hesitate to rat you out as a grower if they're ever busted for something - even if it's a year or two down the road. You're done growing there. No more.

I hope you learned your lesson about not telling ANYONE, ever. I don't mean that in a rude way, either. I'm just saying that now you know that if you had never told a soul, this wouldn't have happened.

If you want to grow again, you need to move, you need to tell those people you quit smoking, and you need to be sure to not tell anyone.

People are fucking greedy, dude. Very greedy, jealous, and dumb. It's not worth it. If you want success, you can never tell anyone. I suppose if your dad was super cool you could tell him, and if you're living with a girl she would know too, but all others are out of the question. Even your brother or best friend. If you can't keep your own secret, what makes you think that someone else can?

Be glad that you weren't home, didn't get shot or stabbed, and that the police weren't there when you returned. Lesson learned. Trust me when I tell you to not grow there, ever again. If you move, move to a different town and don't tell anyone. Growing isn't a joke and the penalties can be severe. If you want to be safe, you will learn from your mistakes and never make them again.

Sorry that happened, I feel for you. It's terrible to know that someone violated your space & privacy and robbed your home. It's infuriating, I'm sure. Take care.

Oh, and get to the bottom of which one of your friends opened their mouth. If neither will admit to it, then fuck 'em, they're not your friends.

G

ganjygav

You gotta stop growing or move. No choice now. Even if they never come back to rob you again, for sure they will talk about the grow they ripped off.

This is true, a friend of mine had a grow ripped. He fixed the door and set up another one and that got took as well. Didn't help that no one lives in the property.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Once they know they can steal from you at will, it's over. Find out which "friend" set you up/robbed you...it's imperative for your future security.

jedi5891

I'm genuinely sorry for this crap you've just endured. I've been robbed a few times over the years and it's always via a friend, 9 times out of ten anyhow.

Just remember nothing good comes out of making people suffer and only makes yourself due to suffer similar circumstances. It all evens out in the end and what comes around goes around in my humble observations. These kind of people get their just deserves.

As others have said your venue is compromised and has to be moved to another location.
Good luck and don't let the bastards grind you down.
Peace
Namaste

growshopfrank

Veteran
Posted this before but
If something like this ever happens to you and you want to identify the thieves don't tell a soul and just wait till someone asks about or brings up the robbery and bingo there is your insider or responsible party.

KONY

Veteran
Need to reinforce the whole door frame with steel. Make it so it can't be kicked in easily. There are kits for $75 bucks or so.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Definitely someone that knows your stash.

Motion cameras are readily available...Harbor Freight. Invest in some. Gnarly dog, too.

shithawk420

Veteran
The fact that all they took was weed related stuff is proof of someone who knew you were growing.no computers or electronics were missing?they knew what they were looking for.I've been robbed by people I thought were friends too.it feels terrible but I learned a very good lesson from it. Sucks this is the price we have to pay to learn a good lesson but better now than never.good luck

rykus

Put your ear to the outside wall of any grow house.... I challenge you... If you can pass that your seriously stealth!

If you live in any high concentration grow community (the westcoast) there are rippers, most are opertunistic kids...if your young , ya your buddies maybe.

But there are crews that roll through looking for tells and hitting random spots by profiling.

Top_shelf_farms

It's hard to say who it was without really knowing you and the people you let know about your grow. I think there's just as good of a chance it was a total random tweeker that happened to knock when you weren't home.

Personally I would take the random tweeker any day over an inside job.tweekers are usually skittish and won't return to the same spot, especially after kicking the door in. I think they know security is going to be over the top now.

If it was an inside job they can monitor you and strike again when you let your guard down. Either way it's up to you to secure the fortress now. Security cameras, motion cameras, motion sensors, window alarms, motion lights and number one- a good loyal dog.

If it were me the thought of moving wouldn't even cross my mind........ but i am in weed country california were this shit happens every now and then....I've had quite a few friends have this happen, then step up security and never have a problem again.

Top_shelf_farms

I also don't understand why the fact that they took easy to carry expensive drugs and seeds makes it an inside job.... you got to be pretty hard up dropping rolling papers in the yard.... my vote goes to tweekers and teenagers equally

Latest posts

Latest posts