What's new

Wont Stop Growing!! What to DO!

Y

YoungBud

Hey Everyone, Im 2 and half weeks into Flower and my Blue Dream(Blueberry x Haze) Wont Stop Growing and my Lights are maxed out..

Anyone Have good Ideas, I was Thinking LST but i dont have alot of Room.. Heres Some Pics..
DSCN1244-1.jpg
DSCN1242.jpg

DSCN1245.jpg

Y

YoungBud

I was Reading About a SuperCrop but seems a little Sketchy Braking them..
Ive never had a Stain That Stretchs so damn MUCH!
BlueDream is no joke..

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Might want to top those to keep an even canopy, no sense raising your lights to save 3 tops from burning when 20 have to suffer.

zenoonez

Veteran
Screw topping, too late for that. If you are going to LST you better be serious about it. You will have to go in every couple of days and pull those branches down further and further. I would start LST the ones that are breaking for the light and I would supercrop their tops to send the clear signal to the rest of the plant to shoot for the lights.

fatigues

Veteran
In addition to the above suggestions, Bushmaster will halt vertical growth more or less dead in its tracks.

Search "Humboldt County's Own BushMaster" and you're good. It's available in most Hydro shops and online - everywhere.

Y

YoungBud

I went ahead and supercroped it.. Too bad i Kinda Snapped one half way but i think it will heal fine it dident Completely brake off.. i actually just leaned it over so the side that snapped is being pull together with out having to use any type of tape or something.. I Will Post up Pics As soon as my Light Turns on..
I Think i Will like the results considering my setup..

yeah I always super crop my plants when they get to tall.. Me liking sativas is tough though... LOL mine really never stop stretching for me.. they slow down but I really don't think they stop going up.. good luck and it looks nice.. :)

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
you can supercrop like explained gently squeeze [cruch] the main stem between thumb n forefinger you'll hear the gentle crushing sound 1.5-2inch of stem, then roll it over @ 90 degree angle. this process may need to be done a few times to keep the desired angle.

LST is another optain secure the bottom of plant to 1 side of container now pull top towards other side untill you feel resistance then back off a tad and secure . go in each day and adjust the top as before pull down untill resistance is felt then back off a tad. after a few days you'll achieve desired angle for the plants.

Bushmaster is another optain it stops stretch on indicas now alot of indica sativa hybrids will also. but some sativa dom strains will continue to stretch even after a few BM dosses. i had a shoreline x trainwreck cross take 5 dosses of BM and still stretch. but as said BM works now on alot of plants. i use BM on my plants in soil i use 1/2 tsp per gal water w/ferts @ end of 1st wk of flowering normally, this current run i used it on day 3 of 12/12. i dont use it as foliar feeding because many ppl report problems with leaves burning and such. but way i use it i've never had any problems 1/2 tsp per gal water along with ferts and top water for drainage on all plants. i dont even lift my lights like it suggests to

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I run into that problem more than not. These were allowed to grow natural until they got too tall. Tying them down won't hurt a thing. They might look a little weird, lol.

Y

YoungBud

Only thing im worryed about is that im already 3 weeks in flower and i Suppercropped them I just hope it dont stress them to much..

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
They're pretty resilient. As long as they're not dealing with other stress at the same time you'll probably be fine. You're in luck the break happened the way it did. You probably wont miss a lick.

its420

Yer fine, just bend them as needed

You people recommending Bushmaster have obviously never grown blue Dream (ya ever grown anything?) b4. WRONG INFO, terrible terrible advice.

Pick the right strain for your setup and dont fight nature

Put an extra fan right on your light if you feel alot of heat from it. Then your girls can get way close w/ little problems. Maybe some light burn but Blue dream really is a dream to grow. Enjoy her!

Y

YoungBud

Thanks for all the Reply's..
BlueDream Really is Quite Amazing Ive never seen a Strain Just Take off like This one..
I Got the Clone from the Harbored Side Club in Oakland..
With My Light i Can put my hand on the Glass and not feel a Thing Its Very well Vented..
Ill Take some Pics Tonight!

JohnnyToke

:yeahthats yup, supercrop it, a gentle pinch & bend (NOT break) you'll be glad you did :canabis:

it will heal itself even if you snap it while folding it over. done it many times. As long as there is some tissue still connected on one side, just leave it be. it will heal and then turn back up for the light. nature is amazing in its will for things to survive.

JT

Latest posts

Latest posts