What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Topsy Turvy Indoor Grow! You Know You Wanted to See It!

L

LolaGal

Topsy Turvy wound up in the clearance section at the local department store.

Only $4....

I can't resist. I am gonna do one inside.

What do ya'll want to see in the Topsy Turvy?

Nirvana's: White Rhino OR Cali Orange Bud
Grape Krush F2s.
AnnaC seeds: Apophis
Karma's: SSSDH/Jack #21

:)

Saw another one also, not sure if its the same, a semi failed aptempt......Hermied bad!

Gravitropism seemed like the problem for the fail. In flower MJ continued to grow up toward the light and fially toppled over.

If I remeber right the colas ended up falling over and stressing the plant into hermie. cant remembr if it was broken branches or jut stress. It was like a year and a half ago...

Good Luck, Im gunna watch this one.

L

LolaGal

Hmmm... after hearing this I think I will put a White Rhino clone in there...

don't mind too bad if it messes it up.... lol.

JohnnyToke

why not mount the light on the floor facing up so the plant grows towards the light while hanging from the ceiling or wherever. when flowering and the buds get heavy, they are hanging towards the light so no need to stake them....worth a shot.

JT

L

LolaGal

Topsy Turvied Inside Out...

Topsy Turvied Inside Out...

The experiment begins.

Didn't you always wonder what you got in the Topsy Turvy box? Here ya go! This thing is TINY! Holds maybe 1 gallon of dirt Maybe! About 16 inches tall I would guess. Maybe 8 inches wide. Has a cool hook included.
picture.php

Inside Topsy Turvy Bag. Wonder what the deal is with the long green ribbons of braided cotton fabric stuff? Is that wicks for water?
picture.php

Foam collar for plant being put in place around a White Rhino Clone in a 16 oz. Party Cup! Notice how the foam is just as big as the cup.
picture.php

Here is the Rhino, upside down! Topsy Turvied! What fun. Wonder what will happen... heehee
picture.php

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Oh ok! Wow that is freakin wild... they should have called that thing, the upsy daisy! This will be VERY interesting. You go girl!

Hella THC

This... is going to be the shit. A good friend of mine has some tomatoes growing in one right now, and I've always looked at it and wondered... ;)

Good luck, I can't wait for this!

Keep it green,

- Hella

L

LolaGal

We shall see! I left the party cup on the root wad tonite. I'll take it off tomorrow, hang it in bloom room, fill it up with soil and see what happens!

I can't go mucking around in the dark tonite, but figured what the heck, get an early start!

Thanks for stopping by, I been seeing this on tv for couple years, and figured it would be fun to try it out.

Topsy Turvy.

Topsy Turvy.

I bought one of those earlier this year and I've been testing it with tomatoes.
It still hasn't fruited. :wallbash: Would like to see if you do better with MJ. :pimp3:

nola420

how about putting a light under ur turvy,that way the branches reach out.gonna b hard to get light to them when they bud.

L

LolaGal

I dunno. I have 4 400 watt lites in bloom. surely it will get enough lite.

The clone is only 8-10 inches tall, so going into bloom, probably won't get too big in bloom?

With the white walls, etc. and hanging it from the ceiling, the lights should hit it OK. I will hang it on a chain. I have lots of chain around I ain't using.

My big worry is the soil will be at the level of the lights, so it might get too hot on the roots?

JohnnyToke

does it leak out the bottom where the plant goes in when it is watered? if yes, I guess that eliminates the lamp on the floor facing up idea I had.

JT

grow1620

cool, i can't wait to see how the roots will form in an upside down environment, plz promise to show the rootball when yer done.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
To much time on your hands LolaGal?

To much time on your hands LolaGal?

IF this poor poor baby lives, won't it just curl around the upside down pot? Growing for the light? It won't grow away from the light. :2cents: :yoinks: :eek: :joint:

L

LolaGal

don't be a buzzkill

don't be a buzzkill

IF this poor poor baby lives, won't it just curl around the upside down pot? Growing for the light? It won't grow away from the light. :2cents: :yoinks: :eek: :joint:

We shall see. Here's how I figure to do it.

____________________ ceiling
X l X
X l X
X l X
light clone light

See lights and top of plant are at the same height, so plant gets tons of light, is just upside down.

I think it may be fun, but so what if it don't work, We've all wondered when we saw that commercial...could it be done?

I just wanna have fun! :)

D

dorkvan420

Thats great...why not play a little with some of these querky garden gadgets!!
I actually have one of these, but have yet to use it!!Good luck!!

Latest posts

Latest posts