What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Call from Postal Inspector

troutman

Seed Whore
If they knew you were a troublemaker sending kilos do you think they would ask you for permission? :biggrin:

Maybe, they already searched the package. But then realized they have
no warrant and are trying to sucker you into saying it's ok to open it.

Just say no. ;)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks, I hoping that they won't go after the sender as it's only 1/4 and will be too much trouble.

The sender did use a fake address but paid with his card.

If there's trouble I'll be the one paying as I am the sole support of the sender now, I AM BEYOND PISSED!

Paid with their WHAT??!!! How does the PO know your phone number?

And now you need a new address.

And the post office will see who you have been calling at the area code where it was sent from.

And they now record every piece of mail (and brag about it with their notification alerts). So start adding counts.

Deny knowing about it, and they will ask about the last ones that were the same size, weight, and correspond time wise to mail the other direction.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
i think if they had a legit reason like a dog sniffed your box then they wouldn't need your permission to open if as a warrant could be issued. i know some people got letters requesting permission to open and they refused. i can't recall if they also were called by phone. i never hear what happens to the sender but i assume the sender paid cash and recipient seems to walk off free. maybe your friend should consider calling police and reporting a stolen/lost card/wallet?? if they ask why it was delayed, tell them you're isolating in place and barely spending money. hopefully he isn't using it since the purchase.

Except for the damn cameras at the PO. With the plastic tarps they put up, maybe not.

Nothing wrong with seeing a lawyer, explaining what's up, and giving them a retainer if you like them. The first meet-up is usually free. At least you'll know who to call, and they will know you.

That said, we had a pac get took few summers ago, with no follow-up, yet. Just don't go down there with a tracking number looking for it at the PO!! You need a new safe address.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sorry for being negative, and they may not call again. Just considering the potential traps if you talk with them.

I suggest NOT answering any calls from that area code, unless you know the caller. Inspector office tried calling my number for a few months, and finally gave up. It was a prepaid burner phone, which I stopped using but kept active to see what happened and to know who was trying to call, so I could call them on the new phone.

Never check tracking with your phone, or call asking about tracking. Never chase down a package that has funny tracking info, cause it may mean it was diverted to get x-rayed or whatever. I know better now, but fell into that trap once before.

Just write off missing mail and packages. It is the missing cash that pisses me off. The better job packaging, neater labeling, the better.

Last edited:

Storm Shadow

Veteran
you'll be fine...dont trip... no one is breaking a sweat for qp in the mail... I know guys that send out 100's of pounds a week thru the mail all over the USA ... 10-25lbs at time...if it was one of those Id be paranoid but a QP... just deny it bro

mack 10

Veteran
He Def should not of paid with card.
Make sure you roast him on that one

Still sucks to loose the stash. Chin up.

sshz

Do not use UPS or Fedex...they can open your packages for any reason, that's part of the aggreement when you ship with them. USPS needs a warrant or your permission to open packages which is time consuming and they usually don't like to go thru that process. Lots of bad info in this thread though, so be careful.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
thailer https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=9011230&postcount=8 my shared view and humor in their post is what I was referring to.

On topic the post office (USPS) which has always delivered for me may not be interested in shipping that. One of or many things can be happening the sender could have done a better job sealing what they were delivering. So it was obvious what was in there. Any employee can keep the herbs. Or what is likely is the stuff in the box is low quality or contains pesticides and so on. On one side there are taxes and public view which not all people agree with. On the other side there are cannabis testing laboratories and regulators and/or politicians - I do not mean to say this is my side or that I identify with a side, simply pointing out that people crowd every edge and angle wanting money looking very greedy and/or needy. Sidestepping a legal market is taking a position. Nobody wants to buy oregano they thought was cannabis and everyone wants to be safe when they make purchases. In my area USPS has a 100% record as far as I am able to see. And private shippers deal with private companies like businesses and hospitals. Those places do not send with USPS at all even though USPS visits their address to deliver mail daily. Where I am cannabis is $5-10 a gram or $25 for 3.5 grams starting over the counter from an employee in a store guaranteed mold and bug free seven days a week 10am - 8pm. That is more than can be said of direct transactions through the mail. If the sender and buyer were both keeping records then they could ask the post office for the package since it is legal now. It may seem like two sides of a coin or walking a tight rope but you cannot have it two ways - if it is legal which it is then there is no prosecution which is a different concept from privacy. Buying and selling anything without regulation or some safety control is something different from privacy. Perhaps the box smelled like weed or the person always sends boxes smelling like weed from the same post office without ever mentioning a word of it to them. My 2c some or most of not necessarily all cannabis I purchased outside of legal dispensaries has been of the general quality of the plastic grocery bags it came in. Trash that I would not buy again today. Lazily grown overpriced with noticeable tension during purchase and no eighths or quarters always suggestion to purchase an ounce or pound (of one variety). If you say this in the wholesale thread someone will complain it is off topic when in fact everything is related. It's not separated into growers and customers where only one membership group is allowed to comment. Or personal growers under a kilogram and cultivators over ten kilograms viewed or treated differently. I have not seen quality or consistency anywhere close to what is on shelves in the legal market anywhere else. Not only have I not known a single quality consistent producer personally, I also prefer to have a mediator or third party or safe meeting place a collectively agreed standard market. Not a good idea to do business without records or consensus. Price is completely irrelevant at that point which the price also happens to be better in absolute and relative quantitative and qualitative numbers. Choosing to sidestep taxes and regulations so that you can sell something less valuable or worse dangerous for more money is not what I would call a fair market under any circumstance.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also would use fed ex or UPS, and try to find a pack and ship type place that doesn't have cameras.

Never!
They can legally open your package,USPS can not without a warrant.
When I send to family in a non med state I use a food saver vacuum sealer tripled bagged,gloves,an addy of a race shop ,car,or motorcycle. I even go a step further and put a race sticker on the box....lol

And drive an hour to another state to a post office that looks more like a pony Express outpost surrounded by cow pastures,with zero cameras and leave my smart phone at home,can't be too careful.

And the recipients know I don't send with a signature required,so if anyone ever knocks on their door "I don't own a racecar"is the answer.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Let me adjust my glasses or check the monitor's resolution. If I am looking at the same pages as everyone else we have members in support of legal cannabis use and cultivation. Decriminalization or whatever the name of the bill it is either yes or no can you smoke a joint in the street. Members who grow cannabis and abstain from its legal advocacy appear ambiguous in motivation or intent. What I mean to say is there are some growers (on this site and others) who for whatever reason are not supportive of a law allowing cannabis. There are also posters who have nothing to do with using cannabis and are simply causing trouble I'm sure. In my own life experience many of these factors or traits align and overlap within the same individuals. Like a greedy lazy grower who does not use cannabis or support legalization - this [person] is a danger to people like me directly and indirectly.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Having the correct delivery address is really important. I think they are scanning and using the machine-read data to route the package automatically. If the machine can't read the address, or it can't find it in the database, they probably put it aside to figure out what's what. A real return address is important too, just not one tied to you. Random house address will do.

thailer

Having the correct delivery address is really important. I think they are scanning and using the machine-read data to route the package automatically. If the machine can't read the address, or it can't find it in the database, they probably put it aside to figure out what's what. A real return address is important too, just not one tied to you. Random house address will do.

i actually drove around till i found a nice rich house with obviously not cannabis smokers so if my package did cause any sort of trouble, it would be very apparent these were not the droids they are looking for.