What's new

New York City Diesel (Soma) x Sour Diesel (Rezdog)

D

dramamine

That looks like a very nice pheno. It kind of looks like it wanted to keep going a bit longer, but it sounds like the glands were looking ready. Looking forward to hearing how that girl smokes, for sure. Nice work.

Chillb

It might be bit early yes but it's been a long wait for me, years, lol. Tossing in another #4 soon to fill empty space ... this'll be the established mother as I have clones of it aside already. Should be interesting as it has lots of decent sized branches going already.

Chillb

Glands are ripe, pistils didn't look 100% ready, wonder if the light leak early on has/had anything to do with that? Another run will tell positively, but I am curious.

Chillb

Took clones off the parents 7 days ago, all five have roots pokin out their rockwool cubes, everywhere. Terrific improvement, was around 14 days last time. :good:

Chillb

Yeah, this smoke is just fine. Body styled high with some heady tinglin' ... great sleep aid so far. After talking a bit with Dramamine pheno #4 is definitely more NYCD, tasty smoke to say the least.

D

dramamine

Glands are ripe, pistils didn't look 100% ready, wonder if the light leak early on has/had anything to do with that? Another run will tell positively, but I am curious.

I don't think the light leak would've caused it, at least as far as I know. It can be tricky using the scope, though, for the fact that the flowers closest to the light will ripen before the others. It's a good idea to check multiple areas on the plant, for that reason. Hell, maybe you did that already. Just thought I'd mention it....I've been fooled before by the branches right next to the light. Glad the first one down is smoking nice. The more sour d phenos should really kick ya in the head.

Chillb

NYCDxSD #3 Day 60 Flowering

NYCDxSD #3 Day 60 Flowering

Thanks loveskush.

Here's the #3 clone, all from the same plant, 2 macros are top and middle shots. These were taken yesterday.

I did look best I could at everything, need a scope I suppose ... my eyes aren't great heh.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Hey man very nice journal! Looks like you have a nice harvest coming your way!

I also have the problem of not properly checking the trichs. I just harvest based on how many day flower it is and how developed it looks and if the pistils are still white or started to change color.

Chillb

Hey man very nice journal! Looks like you have a nice harvest coming your way!

I also have the problem of not properly checking the trichs. I just harvest based on how many day flower it is and how developed it looks and if the pistils are still white or started to change color.

I hear ya soursmoker and thanks. First grow in a long time so getting back into the feel of things. :) Want to track down a scope of some sort though, thought I had read somewhere here about USB scopes ... can anyone easily direct me towards info?

Yeah Dramamine, it's starting to look awfully nice ... last week has been an explosion of nug and resins. I'll toss up more shots at day 65, trying to take these to full on fruition.

D

dramamine

Hey Chillb, those scopes start really cheap on ebay...from like 5 bucks or so, on up to the better-made, pricier ones. And yeah, those sours really pack on weight at the end....definitely worth the extra days.

unspoken

Definitely get a USB scope online. If you just want a handheld, I think mine is adjustable 60x-120x or something like that, and it was about $10 at radioshack.

Chillb

Right on, thanks guys. eBay it is ... I don't want junk, but don't need top of the line either, guessing one around $25 would suit my needs.

EDIT: Looked a little more and seems folks like a Veho brand around here, that's what I'll get. Have to spend a bit more, but should be worth it.

Last edited:

Chillb

Got some of mother nature's coloring happenin' on the fans of #3. Deep purples creepin in, not sure if these are ready or not ... will post a couple shots a little later today.

Chillb

Day 63 Flowering NYCDxSD #3

Day 63 Flowering NYCDxSD #3

Tops and coloring fan leaves, purples and reds coming through. Will try a few macros at day 65, seems they have a little time to go yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

dramamine

Gorgeous looking plant, man. I agree, just a bit longer. The extra few days at the end can make a big difference and are just worth it.