What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x4 SOG Tent

sorrymomma420

Hello everyone, i recently purchased a 2x4x4 tent and i have a 600watt dimmable ballast and i was wondering if for my space i should run it at 600,450, or 300 watts. I plan to run about 72 plants at a time in red party cups. But im open to suggestions.

Sorry should have read a little better.

600 if you can cool it, but your losing because cab height.

400 works and should provide 8-11 grams per small pot.

sorrymomma420

Well i can keep the 600watt cool... would i yield more or just be wasting more energy compared to 450watts? and i am also running seeds if that makes a difference

If you can keep it cool try it.

Light is one of the limiting factors in yield, so you should yield more by using a larger light.

Running seeds should only effect crops uniformity. Make clones of your best plants.

Good luck!

sorrymomma420

Big Brotha P. Thanks brotha. appreciate it!

So heres my tent.
2x4x4 with a 600watt dimmable ballast. I have 4 trays each with 18 cups or so.

The leaves are starting to curl down and inward on these two. Help?

This plant is the worst. Shes been doing this for a while and it started randomly.

I have barely been feeding the bigger plants...mostly just phd water and when i do feed it is a light feeding.

sorrymomma420

While i went home for Christmast my Hps lightbulb broke sometime between the 23rth and the 27th... So now im running a Metal Halide bulb.

sorrymomma420

I was originally going to do only 12/12 from seed but then i had to throw some other plants in here. The strawberry cough was vegged for sometime but was put into flower on the 1st as well. The plants that are yellowing were vegged for about 3 weeks under some cfls.
All of the plants are from seed and started 12/12 on the 1st. I put some seeds that i had purchased into bigger pots to see how i would prefer to grow in the future.

The smaller seedlings were put in on the 15th of Decemeber.
Sorry for the confusion....hopefully this clears up what im doing.
The strains im growing are La Confidential, Liberty Haze, Tangerine Dream, Holy Grail Kush, LSD, Sweet Tooth. Purple kush, SugarShack x Purple Kush, Purple Kush x Cheese, Bagseed from what i believe was GDP, Critical, Jack 33, Sleestack X Skunk, Strawberry Cough, and some more bagseed:)

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I run 600's in 2x4 all the time, well I used to ( switched to leds for 2013 testing ) and it is a great light option for that size. I think it is PERFECT for a 600 on a MOVER though.

sorrymomma420

I run 600's in 2x4 all the time, well I used to ( switched to leds for 2013 testing ) and it is a great light option for that size. I think it is PERFECT for a 600 on a MOVER though.
Hey medmaker420 thanks for stopping by...what advantages do you see to having a 600 on a mover? and how are you liking the leds? your buds are looking great btw.

sorrymomma420

Any new pictures sorrymomma? What are your thoughts on the party cups are you still happy with them? And what soil are you using?
Yea lots of new pictures but icmag doesn't let me upload any of them.
My thoughts on the party cups are that they are good for the first month of growing but after that the roots start to become root bound and then the plants start yellowing. I definitely prefer bigger pots. The plants seem to love life more. The plants i have in party cups are around 11-13in tall. The la confidential and liberty haze are in 6in pots and they are 20in and 16in tall.(I put the la confidential in after a week of being in a party cup) (Liberty haze was put in 2 weeks after being in a party cup) Tangerine Dream and Holy Grail Kush are both in a 7 in pot but this pot is a bit deeper than the 6in pots and the plants are 20/21in tall. Im waiting on the yield to determine what pots i will use in the future. As far as soil goes i am using Roots Organic(some Happy frog as well for the bigger pots since i was running out of roots organic).

Latest posts

Latest posts