What's new

Motivation!

Veggia farmer

Not where to start to be honest, dont want to sound bitching cause then I will be very ashamed, LOL! but, upon up feelings is good the women says;)

BUT some days I just have no motivation.. I run like a sp**d freak some days (seriously) I have nice trained legs because of that reason, but other days I just dont manage to get my head in the right gear. Im a Gemini:ying::blowbubbles:

SO, the question, because I didnt start a whining thread(!), when you have heavy morning/day what help you to get you going? Lets have some MOTIVATION!:biggrin:

Sometimes I wake and bake, but I have mixed results on that! some days two tokes and run again, but I it can also make it more complicated for me..

Bobby Boucher

Not a fan of that approach! Sleeping too much can cause all kinds of hormonal imbalances and encourage all kinds of unhealthy types of self-soothing. A little old fashioned sleep deprivation never did any harm to the less motivated!

Put your god damn feet on the floor and face the world, soldier!

Militance and diligence!

Militantly and diligently wake up every morning at sunrise to enjoy a bubble bath and a doobie. Militantly and diligently follow up with a productive and enjoyable hobby of your choice for up to but not more than 2 hours.

That’s all the virtuosos ever put in, but they did it militantly and diligently!

THEN, go ahead and militantly and diligently be a lazy turd. You won’t feel unproductive, and your spirit will blossom for it.

Bobby Boucher

And if you need someone to actually scream in your face, and put his boot in your ass, please understand.. lol.. that’s waaaaaaaaay too much to ask from someone.

I would charge you no less than 120 an hour for my time to scream and yell at you. Closer to 250.

That’s not fun for anyone. It’s draining as shit. Yell at yourself. Kick your own ass.

Bobby Boucher

I guess a cannabis forum wasn’t the best place to ask for advice on getting motivated!

I take 2-3 naps a day, and a long 40 min bath every morning. I sit at home.. all day long. I STILL wake up at dawn every... single.. day and play at least 2 hours of classical piano. I’m getting more accomplished than I ever have, and it feels great.

I’ve become so in control of my emotions and projections.. It’s VERY motivating to feel you are accomplishing something so LARGE and seemingly unattainable. The fascist inside of me truly wants EVERYONE to study classical piano. I’m not sure there is a quicker way to learn to live well.

I dunno.. that’s my answer to everything these days.

Pick up the piano. Play it everyday. It’ll fill your heart and your mind until they finally burst at the seams and you’re left in a marvelous oblivion. You’ll never feel like you could be “doing more” when it’s so fun and eeeaasy to just sit down at your instrument and pick up something new, or brush off something old..

Perhaps I’m just old fashioned.. I’d say being able to tickle the ivories is more or less common etiquette. A moral category. All good boys and girls must learn to feel! To act! To ebb and to flooow!

Or maybe I’m just a reincarnated 18th century dandy..

T

Teddybrae

Hello from the Land of Oz. In the Land of Oz we have BLOKES. Blokes are tough men who can solve anything. They can't transcend much ... but they are pretty fukn tough and they go straight to a solution. As simple a solution as possible.

Now we Aussie blokes will never admit that we are lacking in motivation. We would be too ashamed. So what we do is find another Aussie bloke who's like us ... you can tell who's similar from the sort of clothes we wear ... and we go to the pub.
After a while in the pub we forget it's not the previous day and some other things as well and as a group ... dig it ... a group of greybeards all hanging on each others words and speaking code ... pub code.

At first there is no laughter but then someone will remember some event or other and there will be a laugh or two. Not to be outdone other unmotivated Others will have a chuckle and gradually all will recall the Art of Mirthless Laughing that always accompanies Lager. Laugh laugh laugh they go, as their livers quietly filter crap from the beer and their bladders distend to amazing dimensions.
There are probably Geminis among them. Unmotivated, unthinking, split personalities. (Not you Veggia Farmer, your personality sounds intact.) I know one. He is a Beer Bully.

Anyway ... this will not help you get up in the morning or face another day. What this is, is advice from an Old Aussie Bloke who says ... if you can't motivate yourself nowadays, when you get to 60 plus it gets even fukn harder.

For example do you realise how hard it is for me to write this shit when I should be outside meditating upon my Death like every bhodisatva should?

Yeah. Death'll spark you up. It's a great motivator!

So Ooroo from the Land of Oz where it has finally fukn rained and the heads grow bigger every day ...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...... Death'll spark you up. It's a great motivator!

..... or you could count your blessings, practising gratitude on a regular basis is a great way to slowly change your thinking and become more positive over time, which leads to natural motivation that you don't even think about.:dance013:

Veggia farmer

Didn`t expect so much positive respons, thanks! Well, looks like I didn`t need the pub for a laugh;)

Not sure if it has anything to do with motivation but I woke 1,5 hour before the clock at 6. Its 6 in the morning now, already have done some stuff, lol.. coffee time now.. two cups and then out with the dogs before the OP.

Cosmic: I like that approach, I often have a nap, actually liked to have a nap all my life..! sometimes the computer need a restart too, just the way it is..

And I would take that as you CALLED me normal, think you are the first!:huggg:

I feel very "blessed" with my life and TRY to be gratitude. Thanks for keeping it remembered!

People will think Im crazy, maybe I am? but I dont care about that.. Often I have someone/thing messaging me.. Like in dreams, deja vu, or on trips.. Been a little down for month.. Ate some mdma alone on Friday.. Head flushing.. Had again this deja vu.. Seems like been here before feeling.. visions.. out of body I see myself.. (this is on the comedown..) So I know today I will slowly be more productive as the days go longer.. So yes, Im very grateful for getting some feedback on my venting.. THANKS!

Blue Blazer: I think we all like lazy days too, maybe not everyday.. or maybe ..?

Bobby B: Jesus, didn`t say scream man.. I got kids.. Sometimes I wear hearing protection in the house... THAT`S draining I tell ya! Just a slap and a kick 30 sec, lets say 2min, 20 bucks is a good deal then, DEAL? Have problem kicking myself, tried.. Check.. Yelling and cursing at my self, check..

Found it was good place for advice, Im thinking about taking up a instrument again.. Actually a lot.. Have friend who got some drums and he is gonna teach me.. Been there drunk and stoned behind those drums and he on the gitar.. fun!

Teddy: Its a reason why I took this to the forum and not "real" world, shame, hehe. Im almost always that guy who doesn`t have problems, just solutions! Could be because everyone else bitch too much, lol.. Rule nr1 if you have a problem, blame someone else..:covereyes:

I have almost died a couple of times, didn`t find it motivating too be honest. Actually a little bit depressing. First time I ate shrooms was one or two month after one of this episodes.. 100+ fresh semilanceata.. Completely changed my habits with alcohol after that experience.. 16 years, drank a lot those days. The episode was 6 morning after drinking whole night, I fell over the railing on too the pavement.. head/jaw first.. broke the jaw seven places, broken 10+ teeth(s?), open between the sinus and eyehole.. Needed no operation! apart from the teeth.. could not walk for some days..

But now and I can always blame that I fell on my head! :dance013:

good luck with the rain and those heads!

After writing this with some help of some translate and the dictionary its not dark anymore.. Still snowing.. not much this year, just a meter/3feet.. In this place it always snow a lot in late winter, that means soon spring! Starting seeds very soon! NOW THATS MOTIVATION!

Veggia farmer

Food - Weight gaining, check!
Money - Ok, financial, check!
Intercourse - Plans with the women tonight, whiskey? Hopefully check!
Cocaine- Well, ok! Check!
:toohot: :look at this: :crazy:

St. Phatty

Those 5 hour energy drinks are supposed to provide motivation but perhaps a person could get the same effect from taking No-Doz & B-Vitamins.

They gave Meth to military workers - and oil-rig workers also take Meth for motivation.

I like Cannabis that inspires house-cleaning motivation.

Latest posts

Latest posts