What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veg in LED or CFL lights?????

1Maconheiro

I have the option of using a 90w LED or CFLs to veg which would be the better option to vegg? And why or can I use both?

+1

I use black dog led and ill never go back to cfl if i have to... even for veg. creates more resinous plants when its been exposed to uv its whole life...

but i agree the UFO is probably junk.

good LED's arent cheap. period.

Dion

It's a 90w UFO led light, why cfl?

90w specs?
90w draw?
which led
vs how many watts of cfl?

on average cheap leds r the same efficiency as cfl bulbs but will run cooler

but a 90w ufo will draw about 20-45w so depending on size of space

basically link the cfl and the led and we can tell you which is better

you can use both

90w specs?
90w draw?
which led
vs how many watts of cfl?

on average cheap leds r the same efficiency as cfl bulbs but will run cooler

but a 90w ufo will draw about 20-45w so depending on size of space

basically link the cfl and the led and we can tell you which is better

you can use both

i was using both for a while too

been looking into diy leds lately. maybe make something cool

I use both. The LeDs will shorten node spacing, and bush your plants out. The heat from 1 LeD is less than the 4-8 CFLs you need to cover even close to the same space. Those manufacturer guidelines are usually actually spoton for how much area they can cover, as long as it's not flowering and just veg. If you want the best of both worlds get the Cree LED bulbs they are just like CfLs

did you give the led faq thread a read?

u can ask about parts there is you need help

yeah thanks dion, i've been doing some light (mind the pun) reading since dready and coco turned me on to some of your designs

hopefully ill start formulating some plans, and at that point ill ask you to shed some light (jesus...) on some equipment choices.

i don't take researching leds lightly....

:)

-Kweku

Latest posts

Latest posts