What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian Highland (African Seeds)

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Some girls I grew this season. Seeds preserved by a good friend:tiphat:

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
im watching it! i grew EH seeds from Ras Pablo dude :respect: !!!!! respect to that guy, real deal cannabis passion in his heart..

most of them were longer flowering, i cant finish it here, so they were dithcweed for me.. but one was flowering like 15_16 weeks and she was wonderful! experience.. nice resin production. it smelled like soapy body odeur, tasted spicy soapy hashy.. and it had great effect, trippy and racy to the bone.. pure sativa enjoyment for me.. thanks to RP..

GOOD LUCK with those my friend..

let it grow :D

Last edited:

rik78

Veteran
looking sweet Blan-k-flor. What are your plans for them, are you going to preserve the genetics, or looking for a keeper?

any way, I am pulling a chair and watching the show, with your permision of course!

tampee

i remembered this strain (african seeds) more narrow leaves than them, but's still very sativa genetic

NICE

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Make Seed!
Nice plants Blan, can't wait to see them flower. I have dead seeds from the last of African Seeds stock that were not kept refrigerated and are no good so make some seeds, got to keep this strain alive.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The strain looks amazing, much lover and respect for your work with them bro! This Ethiopian Highland AS is well preserved. Initial reproductions were made by Rahan from an original African Seeds pack in greenhouse years ago in 2002. Seeds were shared with other preservationists who have also preserved them, like Lynx and myself.

Seeds from this next generation were shared with my fellas BlankFlor and IShence, who was also trying to reproduce the line but had germination issues. Rahan was going to do another reproduction with his oldest EH seeds as far as I know but had issues. Anyway they are alive and well I guess.

A guy called ElSocio in Spain also did a big repro years ago, I'm pretty sure he got them from Rahan @VIbes Collective too. Those were shared around Spain and some crosses are still seen. I believe the seeds from Ras Pablo definitely came via ElSocio. This one was grown from this source by brother Pebble, outdoors@16 November:

picture.php

Vibes and long life to the East African strains. In my opinion, most probably related to the strains brought by arab traders and South Indian ganja strains that the Gujarati migrators and Coolies could have introduced to Zanzibar and Tanzania in the 19th century. When Tanzania, Kenia, Mozambique and Uganda were part of the East British Indies.

Prior to the late-nineteenth century Indian indentured importation to East Africa that was initiated by British needs, Indians have had a long history of active and lucrative Indian Ocean trade. With the establishment of British East African territories, Indian migration grew. Settlement of families came to characterize overseas migration of Indians to Africa.

Under Portuguese rule the Indian Ocean trading system went into precipitous decline, and not until the nineteenth century did the Gujarati diaspora find a new lease of life. Gujarati traders migrated under the British dispensation in large numbers to Kenya, Tanganyika, South Africa, and Fiji, among other places. In East Africa their presence was so prominent that banknotes in Kenya, before the country acquired independence, had inscriptions in Gujarati. So well integrated are Gujaratis into the cultural life of Kenya and Tanzania that there are today around 15 Swaminarayan temples in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kerugoya, Kisumu, Nakuru and Eldoret towns.

Indian workers in the railway works in Kenya circa 1895:
_54066936_da44754c-c4b0-4809-8a97-2869e46ed8ba.jpg

Peace.

Last edited:

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Wow beautiful Ethiopian Cola Musta, and grown outdoors by the master grower Pebble, beautiful.
A HUGE Thank You to you Musta and Blan and Rahan and all the Vibes growers who keep these Vibes Alive! That's Double Irie!

Rinse

Veteran
How do ya like the smoke rinse?

wow great job under such a crazy N latitude Rinse!
Did you have some kind of greenhouse to go over those?

They were grown in the ground from the beginning with no cover,
just a bit of compost pre dug into the soil, but it was a good year I remember. I have a pic near the end of flower somewhere they finish near 12 ft with lots of wide branching. No mold but immature buds really needing another couple weeks of sun.

The smoke is very nice sativa, comfortable in body and mind, not racy or super strong, it took me by surprise a few times though...Once I was smoking it in a forest and got totally lost while it was getting dark, anyone whos been in a forest at night knows it goes 100% dark lol.
I could barely remember my last thought I was so stoned but didnt get paro really just followed my instincts and found my way eventually. :biggrin: